This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning and a happy birthday to Snoop

No holly wreath here Nicos but I might give it a go when we decorated the mantel piece theres usually bits left over.

There seems to be a lag on the vine this morning Nicos post is showing in new posts but not on this thread odd.

Edited to say the post has just arrived 10mins after Nicos posted.

I see how the potato works now before I pictured it as a table decoration.
    Last edited by Bren In Pots; 06-12-2022, 08:01 AM.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20221206_093156.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	282.6 KB
ID:	2554883

Maybe slightly over cooked but very, very tasty.

Comment

• Yum!!!!! * starts drooling!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Back again. The postman has just been knocking. Unbelievably the pudding basins that I ordered yesterday afternoon have arrived. I didn't even expect them to be posted until today as I ordered them after their 2pm cut off time and on 48 hour delivery. So I was expecting them on Thursday. They look good quality too.

Comment

• Morning, cold and frosty this morning. Think I’ve lost my mojo this morning, can’t be bothered doing anything!
            I like the look of that wreath Nicos, looks easy enough even for me. Cake looks yummy too GF.
            Off to get a coffee to see if it kick starts the engine, catch you all later. Enjoy your day! x
            sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all, and a very Happy Birthday, Snoop

Cold and gloomy here. I still haven't got the xmas decs out, but most of the cards are written, and those destined for forn parts have been posted.

Fabulous cakes and Yorkshire, GF! I must try your tip of using bread flour instead of plain.

I'm going to make some hot cocoa now, it seems the weather for it. Anyone care to join me? You'll have to bring your own sugar though as I like mine unsweetened.
              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good afternoon nice and bright here but cold, was out with the dogs earlier then up to the vets with the oldest, was quite worried about her, as she has a swelling at her throat, but fortunately it's nothing to worry about as it's just fatty tissue, I'm not sure about some of baking that has been on display, some of it doesn't look quite right, if you pm me I will give you my address so that you can post your next batch to me😏 I will post back anything that is left after I test it😁 Snoop I posted my good wishes for your birthday on the birthday thread but again I wish you a happy birthday. Need to go now but wish you all a good day and lots of smiles
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all

Just sat down after a grory hop. Got most of what we wanted including the two trees. Ended up being as big as last years the smallest ones really didn’t look as nice. They can sit outside for now - we’ve been asked to help out with a school run. One infant and one junior - finishing at 5pm ! It seems UK kids seem to have a cushy number in comparison!

I’ve just poured a well earned brew thanks MH but I love cocoa - I came back with a few tubs of green and blacks from out last trip over.
                  I keep saying I fancy a horlicks but OH said it’s too sickly and promised to make me a home made one. Hot milk and malt extract …and boy was that waaaay more yummy. I’m a convert now as it’s isn’t as sickly.

Well done with the pudding basins gf - that’s incredible!…what else do they sell? Clearly excellent customer service.

Wonderful news about your dog rary - I can see how you would be worried. Any lump needs investigating and asap.I hope the vet whispered the word ‘fat’ - I understand females over a certain age can get quite distressed when someone says that and points in their direction good to see you again.

Is that you bounding around Jay…for goodness sake, you’re making me dizzy!…less strong coffee next time!

I’ve just sliced up some rather wrinkly oranges. Goodness knows how they got forgotten, but they are now drying in front of the woodstove and I’m intending to make something festive with them.

Oh…and I’m really chuffed as we found a rather nice looking organic Guinea fowl in the supermarket for our Xmas dinner. So it’s now in the freezer ….One more thing to tick off the list!

Comment

• Nicos the pudding basin site sells mainly pudding basins but totally unrelated wood polishes, wood cleaners and treatments. The website is

https://www.justpuddingbasins.co.uk/

Rary, I would send you the baking so that you could check it and give me your opinion but all of a sudden Mr GF has got very possessive and territorial with "his" cakes.

Comment

• Good evening all,been out all day,with a my new man,had a lovely day,walking the dog and lunch out,our first together,we both pleased we found one another,
                      GF that cake looks good enough to eat,does not looked overdone to from your pic,you do not need an excuse to make more you know ,can tell you are enjoying that oven,things are getting bad on here,all this talk of things that supposed to be bad for us,but its great,have a lovely evening,time for my tea,and rest,
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon

I called in the charity shop when I had to nip out and picked up a couple of cookery books ones a slow cooker book the others a veggie cook book.

You're very kind Rary to offer as a cake/pud tester hope you get lots of offers

edited to say

I'm glad to hear things are going well with your new man lottie xx

​​​​​
                        Last edited by Bren In Pots; 06-12-2022, 05:09 PM.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all. I've been awake since 6am when I shivered my way out of bed, called in the bathroom, had a quick peek at a frozen world from the kitchen, turned the thermostat up and slid back into my warm brushed cotton cocoon. I dropped back off until Mr GF awoke and commented how nice and warm it was.

Maybe a quick trip to the big supermarket later to look for things I'm struggling to get: bread flour, glace cherries, nutmeg and currants among them. Perhaps a bottle or two of gin and/or whiskey for presents. After today I don't intend going there again before Christmas. I'll also call and see my husband's brother and an old friend of his and give them ¼ of the fruit cake each if I can convince Mr GF to part with it. I thought it a bit overcooked but he insists it can't possibly be improved on. He is not in sharing mode.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                            Ooooooh…fog! Thick fog!
                            You can never have too many cookery books Bren Nice finds.

We had the woodstove lit overnight and my sliced oranges are drying out beautifully. I also managed to find a med/large sized spud yesterday ( can’t find decent jacket sized spuds here) so I’m intending to have a go at making that wreath. Today is definitely for finishing off cleaning up the diy mess and festive decorating.
                            Apart from that….not quite sure yet.

Interesting link gf…what a strange mix of items! I have a couple of cream pot pudding basins which I use for steam puddings.
                            My mom used to have a strange spherical pudding basin- like two small metal colanders clipped together into which she put the pudding ingredients wrapped up in a muslin cloth. Never seen one since. No idea if it was steamed or boiled! Should have paid more interest eh?
                            Enjoy your day peeps anyone up to no good?

Comment

• Mornin gf….I wondered who was clattering around in the kitchen!
                              Last edited by Nicos; 07-12-2022, 07:42 AM.

Comment

• Morning all.

Sounds from recent messages as if lots of us have got blessings to count. Especially good to hear about your new man, LD, and about your dog, Rary. Even though I felt like I'd hogged the smiles yesterday, sounds like there were plenty enough to go round.

GF, what style pudding basins do you use? Plastic ones with lids or china ones? That is a gorgeous cake, by the way. Not surprised Mr GF is reluctant to part with any of it.

Thanks for all your lovely messages yesterday. Nicos said the other day this was a home from home and I agree.

On the cards for today, a shopping trip for me and our friend up the valley, though the degree of groriousness is perhaps excessive. He's got a long list of shops he wants to visit, all the ones you don't find round this way, including an Aldi. Very ordinary for you but might just as well be Harrods for me! I haven't been in an Aldi for probably ten years. Top purchase to be made at some point today: a pair of those plastic-lensed reading glasses you can get in some supermarkets. I've lost my real reading glasses and am myself lost without them. I've got a very long book to proofread for an author and it's proving impossible.

Right, have a great day, everyone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X