This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon n’alln’all

Oh dear - so many illnesses and painful things going on! I really hope everyone gets back on form in time for Xmas.
    MH…has your mom not had the vaccine against shingles? I got shingles a few years ago and never, ever want it again, but I’m still too young for the vaccine…but I’m hoping to have the vaccine as soon as I can. It’ll be interesting to hear if your mom was vaccinated though.
    speedy recoveries everyone xx

Well…..change of subject….We’re back from the foundry. The guy was in the middle of making wrought iron fencing but broke off to show us everything they had . We ended up with a dragonfly, four (!) butterflies and a rather large bee - all lovely and rusty. I’ll take piccies when they are up. Couldn’t be happier tbh.
    We then camped up next to a lake in the sunshine , heading back so we got home before dark. There is black ice everywhere as most roads here aren’t salted. Bit scary on some of the bends tbh. Glad I wasn’t driving!

Best think about making supper…..
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• A festive photo from our camper van this afternoon!

Click image for larger version

Name:	712F500D-90C0-4CCA-8BE4-CCB97BB56684.jpeg
Views:	136
Size:	195.9 KB
ID:	2555221

Comment

• Nicos if it wasn’t for the Christmas tree it would look like a summers day with the sun shining.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
          MH…has your mom not had the vaccine against shingles? I got shingles a few years ago and never, ever want it again, but I’m still too young for the vaccine…but I’m hoping to have the vaccine as soon as I can. It’ll be interesting to hear if your mom was vaccinated though.
          speedy recoveries everyone xx
          The shingles vaccine is only available for those aged between 70 and 79 here. My mum's a bit past that! I don't know why it's only those in their seventies. it seems a bit arbitrary.
          I've just goggled it -
          What about people who are not 70 yet? Will they get the shingles vaccine?

The shingles vaccine is not available on the NHS to younger people because shingles is more common in the over-70s

Why can I not have the shingles vaccination if I'm over 80?

The vaccine does not work as well in people over the age of 80.

So, bit of a narrow window.

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Interesting MH - thanks for that.
            Bizzarly in France it’s available from 65-74. I wonder why?
            Looks like it only lasts about 10 years anyway….
            Ooo…I think I’m giving my age away now

I really feel for your poor mom, I felt really ill for about 3 weeks with mine, never mind the pain

Thanks Bren - it’s been incredibly sunny today but hardly rose about 0C. We’re in for yet another cold night again.
            What was amazing today was seeing how many trees still have their leaves attached. Some are still partly green.
            Last edited by Nicos; 16-12-2022, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• Mothhawk, I have been googling The shingles vaccine here in Irelandl.
              Recommended for peeps.between age 70 to 79 saying it's less effective after that.
              Cost of a single vaccine...from € 200 upward.
              I haven't heard of any of my friends or indeed myself bern offered it here.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Nicos, what a beautiful pic. Looks like you had a lovely day.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Thanks bramble Tis dark and dull today- I think we picked the right day for our outing!

-8c out there right now. Looks like things are going to warm up for us all though as from Monday.
                  I think our chooks will be happy about that. We”re going to need to find another water container- the expanding ice has split their present one.

How are your gums this morning lottie. Two teeth out…ouchy ouch

gf…..has your OH’s itching completely gone now? Let’s hope it wasn’t an allergy to Xmas cake!!!

Not sure what we’re doing today.
                  OH fancies some thin, crisp ginger biscuits. Normally we buy dough from IKEA but we’ve not been there recently and don’t need anything else from there. There are loads of recipes online but they all seem to be for thick, chewy ones.

Keep warm peeps- enjoy your weekend - and a special hug for MH’s mom x

Comment

• Morning

It was a warmer night at -2.5c here my GH lettuce is still doing ok its under fleece until the suns out, yesterday the GH temp went as high a 20c

No plans here either Nicos apart from tidying my craft room.

Enjoy your day
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning. We've got thick cloud here but also thick frost. Everything is still frozen solid. According to the forecast it should actually be raining here.

Nicos I hope you find a suitable ginger biscuit recipe. I actually prefer them a bit chewy and even then I like to dunk. I love your photo Nicos. It looks surreal as if the view from the windows are paintings stuck on the wall.

I need to go out shortly to the chemist and the post office and my very next job MUST be to put some butter in the freezer or nobody will get Christmas puddings this year.
                      Last edited by greenishfing; 17-12-2022, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• Good morning all, still a white frost here but not quite as cold.
                        My daughter and hubby went to Munich to the Christmas markets on Tuesday.
                        They were due to fly home yesterday afternoon.
                        They spent several hours in the airport and were put on a flight to Frankfurt to catch the last flight to Dublin.
                        Unfortunately the flight had left so they were left stranded overnight.
                        Hopefully they will get home today.
                        No fun travelling in this type of weather.

Nothing needed from the shops today so we are staying indoors.
                        Have a good day all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all.
                          Thanks for all the kind wishes for my mum, and your hug too, Nicos. She's a very stoical old lady, but I know she's struggling with the pain. She can only take a maximum of 4 paracetamol a day, and in any case she hates to take painkillers, so she tries to hang on as long as she can before needing one.

Interesting about the cost of the vaccine, Bramble, I guess that's why it's restricted to those in their 70's.

Love the camper van pic, Nicos, that wood panelling is lovely.
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good afternoon all,your poor mum MH,they are painfull,the pain can last for a long time after,i was given some amitriptyline pills,they help to sooth the fine nerves in the body,i was also given some when i had the traped nerves in my back,hope Snoop has made it safe,Nicos what a lovely picture,it be a nice jig saw puzzle,i like the crimbo decore inside it,you both done a lovely job,as for my poor gums,i feel like am bruised up,and not at all comfy with the top one,i only hope i not got an abscess coming,it my choir carol concert tonight,so i will have some pills before hand,son will meet my new man in a couple of hours,and i got a get dolled up in my choir clothes,my happiness is on another planet ,have a lovely rest of the day and evening everyone
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	AF0B704D-7BCC-40DD-9363-44C4E4F663D9.jpeg
Views:	132
Size:	485.3 KB
ID:	2555246 I made the wreath!

Click image for larger version

Name:	0A0D63F9-541F-41B9-A465-6BC02BB6C9FD.jpeg
Views:	125
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	2555245

Comment

• Good afternoon..just thought I would post this here.
                                About 50 yards from the back of our house there was the ruins of sn old house not being used for anything,
                                A local group applied for the piece of land and got it.
                                They knocked the house down, cleared the piece of ground and built a sensory garden for anybody who might like to come and sit there.
                                Every year, on the Saturday before Christmax they decorate it with fairy lights, install a Santa clause and all the children who are autistic or might have a problrmbeing in a noisy or crowded area can visit santain the garden.
                                All done by locals on a voluntary basis..

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X