Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've just had an answering emails hour. Among the latest emails was one from the company I got Mr GFs warm loungewear from which he loves. Off course they have a sale on.....

I've just bought 3 more sets: one in a different colour for Mr GF, one in a smaller size for his brother for his birthday......and one for me. This is what they are like.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230115_112015.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	2556345
    Must make more coffee now and give the hungry birds more food.

Comment

• ^They look nice and warm and comfy, GF.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
        ^They look nice and warm and comfy, GF.
        That's why he wants another set....even though I told him they wouldn't make him look as young and fit as the model.
        Last edited by greenishfing; 15-01-2023, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• Good afternoon, fed the birds before going to church this morning and checked the overnight temperatures in the greenhouse, highest temperature was 15.5°c the lowest was 2°c wanted to check if the fire would give frost protection, but possibly with high winds and torrential rain, not the best night for trials, I think I will make up a box slightly larger than the heat mat area and get the seeds going. Snoop you were asking why I think there will be a shortage of seeds, usually the new seeds are on display by now and going with the high temperatures experienced in most of the seed growing areas, also I am sure I came across a reference to restrictions on seeds coming from Europe now that we are out of the EU, which will I think contribute to a shortage of seeds as well as increasing costs
          When at church this morning, I was talking to a young man who was home on holiday from China where he has been for the past four years, I asked if he was happy to be home, which of course he is, but said it will be nice to get back and see some sunshine, I pointed out that that was a bit harsh, as if he gets up early enough he might catch some sunshine for 10 minutes or so some days, in saying that the sun is shining just now no its not
          We are now heading up to our sons for our lunch, which will make a pleasant change, as he and his family are usually down here on a Sunday, and daughter has just arrived with her youngest, so need to go but remember passing on some smiles passes on some sunshine
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

That's why he wants another set....even though I told him they wouldn't make him look as young and fit as the model.
            That does look nice and warm GF

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• That looks very cosy GF.
              A very cold day here but my son came in this afternoon with my lovely grandson.
              We spent a pleasant few hours doing stickers and colouring books .
              Not a lot else on the cards but I will probably watch skating on ice tonight just to see who is on it.
              Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening All Just finished another jigsaw. I get the large piece ones at the moment, they're much easier to do. Problem is, because I'm doing them so quickly, it was costing me a small fortune till I decided to risk second hand and so far they've been just as good as new, but don't arrive next day!
                Will read, knit, or go back on the game until Tuesday then You've just made me smile Bramble, my late MIL used to call it Skating on Ice
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• At the moment I am so full I cannot move. Mr GF has just reminded me of the first roast chicken I ever cooked for us ...... in the tiny galley on a boat in Spain. I had got the beautiful little yellow chicken from a local little supermarket and when I got it back to the boat I discovered it still had it's head attached (tucked underneath), the feet were also underneath and the giblets were still "in situ", (not removed and in a plastic bag in the body cavity) as was the norm in the UK. I served it with garlic bread and salad and Mr GF's comment was, "I could eat this every day". This was about 30 years ago, well before we were married, and around the time we both realised that neither of us were good at cooking.

It was much later that I realised that I really enjoyed cooking and baking and he was banned from the kitchen, apart from breakfast.
                  Last edited by greenishfing; 15-01-2023, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                    Evening All Just finished another jigsaw. I get the large piece ones at the moment, they're much easier to do. Problem is, because I'm doing them so quickly, it was costing me a small fortune till I decided to risk second hand and so far they've been just as good as new, but don't arrive next day!
                    Will read, knit, or go back on the game until Tuesday then You've just made me smile Bramble, my late MIL used to call it Skating on Ice
                    Flo, did you really say " you will go back on the game???"

Comment

• I did GF

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

Flo, did you really say " you will go back on the game???"
                        I did a double take too.
                        Last edited by Snoop Puss; 15-01-2023, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• No Snoop - can't you see my signature any more?

Comment

• There are many games you know - Board, Card, Olympic, Word, Number, Computer ... the list goes on. I'm sure you didn't assume it was any other kind of game did you?

Comment

• Evening all.

It's been a quiet Sunday here as usual, though my sister phoned. Apparently she and her OH have decided to get a dog, an Irish red & white setter. Years ago when her children were young they had a red setter bitch that they allowed to have one litter. She surprised them with 14 puppies! Not sure if they have similar plans in mind once more.
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Flo, have you tried MS jigsaw free download? I do these jigsaws all the time on my PC. Probably not so good if you use a phone though. But endless choice of pictures.
                                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                                Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X