X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
    Morning

Just finished of my dish of oatmeal just what I need on cold frosty mornings. Not much happening outdoors here today only nipping in the GH for some lettuce.

Enjoy your outing Nicos.
    Bren do you cook your oatmeal, or do you like me, just steep it overnight and eat it, if it is that, why do you do it that way, I do it because I am possibly, just possibly tight with money😏😚
    Last edited by rary; 16-01-2023, 12:03 PM.
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post

Bren do you cook your oatmeal, or do you like me, just steep it overnight and eat it, if it is that, why do you do it that way, I do it because I am possibly, just possibly tight with money😏😚
      Rary I eat pinhead oatmeal, it’s soaked overnight then cooked for 10mins in a double boiler. It keeps fine in the fridge so cook enough for a few days.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all
        And we’re back!

Had a great time out thanks…almost all the shopping completed and we had a lovely picnic lunch in the camper.
        Ner sner here either, but we did have sleet.
        The land next to the river was far too wet to drive on so we parked a short distance away in another picnic area. We had it all to ourselves which was lovely…mad dogs and English men….
        Couldn’t believe how many fields were partially under water, and loads of rivers had broken their banks.
        Tell you what though…rubbish weather that it is, it’s certainly getting lighter in the evenings!..yip yip!!! Summer is on its way!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	F85172A7-045E-4D8C-B4B5-C9774F0DEBD6.jpeg
Views:	138
Size:	248.9 KB
ID:	2556416

The view from the back of the camper van

Comment

• Good evening all.
            It was bitterly cold here today, the temp only got up to 2 degs.
            Went walking but didnt stay out for long.
            Got a big bag of reduced price apples while I was out and stewed and froze them this afternoon.
            All dond for the day, have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Lovely view, Nicos. No snow or sleet in sight. You must have had a lovely day much of the time.

Comment

• A lovely sunny photo Nicos if it wasn’t for the lack of leaves it could have been a summers afternoon

Comment

• Good evening, the weather is the same as brambles, bitterly cold, had to pick up GDs sick line, then took the dogs for a walk, once back home I made lunch before going out to the greenhouse, I have now set up a heat mat resting on some King's pan to help insulation, I was going to make a sand bed but thought why give myself extra work, so now going to use square pots along with seed trays, which should use the space better than with round pots, after that I have been busy looking at Burns poems, I will be doing a reading at Burns Supper on Friday night, not sure whither to do the cotters Saturday night, the Holy fair or an epistle to John lapraik, I have done them all in the past but not sure which one to go for will need to decide quite quickly, so that I can get it memorised again, right off to decide then get busy, just as well I don't bother with TV, enjoy your evening and smile even if it's just to your self. Goodnight

​​​​​​

it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• I know only a couple of poems off by heart, one of which is "Daffodils", I memorised it when I was a child because I loved it. I do know many, many hymns, psalms and prayers word for word, but that's because I was Head Chorister in my local church choir. I have a knack of remembering song lyrics too, even the old Music Hall songs my mother used to sing while ironing in the "front" room with "The Good Old Days" on the television. Memory Lane
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Evening all. A very chilly one too. -2°C here and the car is yet again trying to masquerade as an ice cube. The flurries of snow earlier never settled.

Nicos, what is that on your photo? I cannot work it out. I feel as if I ought to know.

Flo, I never consider myself to have a particularly good memory but it amazes me how I seem to know the words to all the sixties songs and lots of hymns and I never even attempted to memorize them. I even remember some of the very old songs from the good old days too. My grandma and aunt used to watch it.

Poetry....no....definitely not. A blank in my brain. Particularly not the poetry from my schooldays. I think my English Literature teachers despaired of me.

I'm off to fill a couple of hot water bottles now.

Comment

• Gf…you do know …it was an apple crusher which has been tarted up. The wheel would have been turned by the farm horse.
                        Similar to the piccies in this …https://www.theislandwiki.org/index.php/Cider
                        There are a lot of old ones around still, mostly planted up with flowers

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                          Gf…you do know …it was an apple crusher which has been tarted up. The wheel would have been turned by the farm horse.
                          Similar to the piccies in this …https://www.theislandwiki.org/index.php/Cider
                          There are a lot of old ones around still, mostly planted up with flowers
                          An apple crusher. I never would have guessed. What a brilliant idea.

I have slept really well and am getting up as soon as the the central heating has lifted the temperature. It's -3°C outside. I hope the car defrosts itself before I have to take Mr GF to the doctor's for blood tests at 11am. I think a grory hop then, the fridge looks quite empty and Tuesday lunchtime is usually a quiet time.

Time to make coffee now and I also need to make another loaf of bread today as the birds are eating ours faster than we are at the moment.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                            Brrrr here too, but warmer than you gf. We have snow forecast today and tomorrow but the ground is so sodden that I’d be surprised if it stuck.
                            I finished my borrowed book yesterday so I might pick up my knitting needles and make my granddaughter a hat. Apart from bringing in wood, I don’t really want to be doing much outside. It’s nice giving homemade gifts isn’t it?

I tried to find some dim sum on yesterdays grory hop - but didn’t have much joy….looks like I need to go again later in the week. I adore dim sum. When we lived in Cardiff we had a very local Chinese restaurant and used to go there occasionally for dim sum . Theirs was amazing.

Must be time for another brew?….It’s a porridge kinda day today…with my daughters honey …mmm…

Keep warm peeps and enjoy your day…
                            oooooo….there go the smiles - nicely wrapped up there- I ‘m sure the lead one had a red bobble hat on….

Comment

• Morning

A frosty cold start GH over night low was -3.4c after resetting its still the same temperature

Pinhead oats here Nicos topped with apples, raisins and cinnamon very tasty.

A bit of a look around the vine then I'll mix my sourdough loaf.

Wrap up warm and enjoy your day.

Comment

• Morning all.

I'm amazed the smile managed to keep its hat on. They got whooshed away in the wind this morning most unceremoniously. It's blowing a proper gale out there today. Unfortunately, rather than blowing the clouds away, it's blowing them in. Rain is forecast, so I might go and get a bit more firewood in.

Mr Snoop is off out doing a grory shop for us and I'm holding the fort with the dogs. Got a fair bit to keep me busy meanwhile. Had hoped to do a bit in the garden, but it's much too cold and blowy for that. I guess I'll just have to try and get ahead with the paid work.

As for the songs, I'm hopeless. Lyrics are all mondegreens to me. And once I've got one in my head, I can't shift it. Some are totally illogical. Here's one: "What do you get when you fall in love? You only go and get pneumonia." In case anyone's wondering, that's from "I'll Never Fall in Love Again". I suppose I captured the sentiment! Anyway, that's enough of that nonsense.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X