Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning All Dogsitting Frank today. It doesn't feel as cold as it has been and it's looking like rain. Have a good day All
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning, well it’s a dark, dreich January morning. Think I’ll stay in bed a bit longer!
      Have my brother and niece visiting today from Australia so looking forward to seeing them. Other than that it should be a quiet day…fingers crossed.
      Hope you all have a fab day! x
      sigpic

Comment

• How exciting for you Jay - they'll be cold after the warmth of Australia!

Comment

• Morning all.
          Frost and sunshine outside, it's amazing how a bit of sunshine lifts the spirits, especially mid-winter. I even ate my oats raw with nuts and raisins as muesli instead of porridge. I spotted the first crocus shining pale yellow in the grass too. Spring can't be far away!
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all.

Sorry I missed coffee yesterday, Rary. Especially with Nicos's cake. I'll be quicker on the uptake next time.

Perishing chilly again this morning. And cloudy. I've just checked the forecast. 30% probability of snow at 400 m. We're at 500 m. Fingers crossed the clouds pass on by. Even the smiles were a bit unsure about going out this morning and were thinking about joining the elderly cat under the quilt till she started wagging her tail.

This reminds me, was it you, GF, who mentioned long hot water bottles? Whoever it was, you've made a big difference to our comfort levels. Thank you. They're fantastic.

Lots to do today. Did wake up in a busy kind of frame of mind but that has quickly dissipated. Must find where I've hidden my mojo. Need to get it working again. Better get more firewood under cover, just in case.

Have a great day, everyone. Especially you, Jay.
            Last edited by Snoop Puss; 24-01-2023, 07:59 AM.

Comment

• Good morning all. Chilly here.....and it looks like rain. A grory hop later I think and I've promised Mr GF's brother I'll pick him up and take him too.

Comment

• Morning

Todays plan is to collect the sticks and branches that are all over the garden otherwise I'll end up getting tangled in them and fall over.

An exciting day for you Jay lots to catch up on with your family xx

Fingers crossed you don't get snow Snoop.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                  ,Its a beautiful sunny morning with a mist hanging over the river.
                  A real picture postcard morning,
                  Off out to my line dancing shortly.
                  If the weather stays good I may get some more work done in the garden
                  Catch you all later.
                  Have a good day.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Dull as dish water here this morning, but yes, a tad warmer too.
                    Hkad you hot the sunshine today MH…I thought I was hogging those twinkly morning starts!

Have a great time with your family Jay…nothing like seeing people in person and having a good hug.

We have the electrician coming today to check out a trip switch. We can’t find the problem…lighting in one of the gites and the barn. We’re guessing rodents have nibbled at a cable, but can’t find where. Let’s hope it’s not too expensive! Just a look for today plus some other outdoor lighting installed sometime before April.

Fingers crossed the snow avoids you Snoop. Pretty though it is.
                    The smiles flew over a while ago. I thought some were holding tennis racquets….bit baffling really until the penny dropped…
                    snowshoes! I guess they think they might come in handy on their return trip.

Best go tidy up a bit seeing as we’ll have someone wandering about the house

Keep warm peeps!
                    And enjoy your day.
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Snoop, it was me who mentioned long hot water bottles. I also bought a neck hot water bottle for Mr GF for when he's relaxing watching TV. He didn't like it really, so I tried it. I love it. So warm and relaxing. I can feel the stress melting away. It's only fault is that it doesn't hold that much water so cools quite quickly.....but it is now MINE.
                      Last edited by greenishfing; 24-01-2023, 09:25 AM.

Comment

• I must have washed my top with a tissue up the sleeve that went undetected till this morning. Now there are bits all over the bathroom and kitchen floors. I'm trying to get the ones in the kitchen before Frank does. He thinks it's a good game

I'm making cheese and mushroom omelettes for middle GG - it's not pay day until Thursday and she's struggling. Gives me something else to do, especially as I'm not cooking for Himself's mum now.​​​​​

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                          Another cold and dull day. At least it’s dry so I’m hoping to get a bit of pottering done in the garden today. I need a Summer Door too !
                          Frank sounds great fun Flo - I think he’d get on well with Hibou! Last night’s midnight feast gift was a piece of bark , but we have had bits of tissues before now. recently she’s started knocking leaves off the slowly dying pontsettia and presenting them to us during the night. Actually Hibou chases dogs so maybe not. We live on a circuit where people often take a walk at weekends and sometimes you can hear dogs yelping..look out of the window and yup…quite funny watching a massive dog being chased by a small black cat!

Right…it must be time for a second brew surely? Dippy eggs and toast this morning. OH has made some Irish Soda bread and I can’t see it lasting very long…it smells delish!

Have a great day peeps - keep warm.
                          Not seen those smiles yet….are they snowed in Snoop?
                          Last edited by Nicos; 25-01-2023, 07:52 AM.

Comment

• Good morning. We've got a beautiful apricot coloured sky here which I presume means "shepherds warning". I didn't sleep too well last night as "somebody" kept pinching more than their fair share of duvet.

The glorious pink sky has disappeared now and the murky grey clouds have taken over.....evidently a 70% chance of rain.

Mr GF is having a mini sulk over some new yoghurt I've got him (not as nice as his usual one evidently, which they didn't have). I've told him I'll make him a yoghurt cake to use some up. In fact I've found a recipe for yoghurt and cherry cake.

I'll maybe call into Sainsbury's later and have a look at their yoghurt and also get bread flour that I've nearly run out of, some nice blue cheese and who knows what other goodies.

Comment

• Morning

Nicos I've never made soda bread not sure why I'll have to give it a go, usually its sourdough or white/wholemeal mix loaves and cobs.

No frost today so a good time to be out and about.

enjoy your day
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• OH uses this recipe Bren…
                                https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/n...azy_loaf_71344
                                We can’t get buttermilk here so he puts a ‘splodge ‘ of vinegar into milk until it thickens a bit…he goes by the flavour. He’s used yogurt before now too.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X