X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n’alln’all
    Grey , cold but dry start to the day…still needing lights on

More pottering for me today. You’d think my house would be spotless by now wouldn’t you?…ha! I wish.
    At least I found some curtain material I bought ages ago to hang in front of some open shelving in the bedroom. That’ll be a sewing machine job then coming up! I best check if I have the right coloured thread!

Anyone fancy a brew?
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.

After a rotten night's sleep I nearly had a lie-in after I'd heard Mr GF get up, but then I thought of the mayhem he could cause on his own in the kitchen, and dragged myself out of bed.

immediately the elderly lady who is struggling to see rang me to see if I would try and book her a home visit from our doctors as she had tried and couldn't negotiate the awful automated answerphone system to get through to a receptionist. She thought that with her limited vision she must be pressing the wrong buttons. I don't think that she was, it's just the useless system, as I also struggled to get through to a human and got jettisoned from the system several times to have to start again. She is now booked in although the receptionist wasn't overly helpful!

There is no sun here yet but I am hopeful as the cloud isn't as thick as it has been.

I never got any baking done yesterday but I did get to Sainsbury's and pick up some almond extract.

Not sure what I'm up to later.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
        Mornin n’alln’all
        Grey , cold but dry start to the day…still needing lights on

More pottering for me today. You’d think my house would be spotless by now wouldn’t you?…ha! I wish.
        At least I found some curtain material I bought ages ago to hang in front of some open shelving in the bedroom. That’ll be a sewing machine job then coming up! I best check if I have the right coloured thread!

Anyone fancy a brew?
        I lent my sewing machine to a teenage niece a good few years ago to make something for a project for school. When I got it back she also gave me a few reels of transparent "invisible" thread she'd bought and had left over. Since then I've used them for nearly everything, never having to change colour. It's great for small jobs as it can take as long to find a matching thread and then wind a shuttle as do the job.

Comment

• Morning all.

Bit of a whiz-in, whiz-out visit this morning. Got a million things to do today. Would help if I'd been a bit more productive yesterday.

Yes to a brew, Nicos.

I've given up on having a spotless house. Even a spotless shelf would be good.

Fingers crossed for the elderly lady, GF. Sounds like receptionists regard their job as unhelpful gatekeeper.

Anyway, catch you all later. Have a great day.

Oh, perishing cold here again this morning. Coldest night yet. Not much chance of me getting up the hill to view the comet at this rate.

Comment

• Morning all.
            Wow, GF that's got me beat hands down!

Sunshine here, cheer me up no end. May try to get out for a walk when the washing machine finishes - it's nearly at the end of the cycle now. Window cleaner's been this morning. For a person who works outside with wet stuff, he's always remarkably cheerful.
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good Morning All Our window cleaner is on the missing list as are the black bin cleaners. I have some steaks in the freezer from last year and was wondering if I should throw them away, but I might see what they're like when defrosted now! Ooh bin cleaners have just appeared! Have a good day All
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Gf….thanks for the brill idea about the invisible thread…I never knew it existed for a sewing machine!
                I see Hobbycraft sell some- is that the one?

Well done on sorting out your new friend. You really are one of the ‘guduns’ …hats off to you lass x
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

Its sunny and windy here so a great drying day the towels are out on the line holding on with hurricane pegs they'll need it the winds socks horizontal.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                    Good Morning All Our window cleaner is on the missing list as are the black bin cleaners. I have some steaks in the freezer from last year and was wondering if I should throw them away, but I might see what they're like when defrosted now! Ooh bin cleaners have just appeared! Have a good day All
                    We had a piece of pork loin from 2021 for lunch yesterday. If I had any criticism, it's that maybe the texture wasn't as good, but that's always the way with frozen meat. Safe, yes.

Comment

• Good morni g all.
                      Bright and dry but a little on the cold side.
                      Laundry is out but not a lot of breeze,
                      Must finish making my apple jelly today, its been training since Saturday evening.

Yes, I have used invisible threading my machine,very hnynohaving to change colours.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Thanks Snoop, I'll give it a go on Wednesday. It's bright sunshine and very windy here too Bren, so I've got the towels washing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                          Gf….thanks for the brill idea about the invisible thread…I never knew it existed for a sewing machine!
                          I see Hobbycraft sell some- is that the one?

Well done on sorting out your new friend. You really are one of the ‘guduns’ …hats off to you lass x
                          The thread I have got says Suki's on the bobbin. I'd never heard of it, but there is a Bradford postcode on it. It's 100% nylon. These days I mostly use my machine for mending or shortening things, etc. It's a pretty basic model that I bought secondhand about 20 years ago.

The old lady has already rung me back to say the doctor has been to see her and is also sorting out some extra help for her among other things.

The sun has actually appeared now but the wind feels really icy.

Comment

• Morning all. Haven’t had a chance to catch up yet but hope you are all well! Just had a lovely long weekend in South Ayrshire, visited Culzean Country Park for a lovely walk and topped the weekend off going to see Peter Kay. Busy time but enjoyable and took my mind off things.
                            It’s a gorgeous sunny morning so taking myself out for a walk. Enjoy your day everyone. x
                            sigpic

Comment

• Sounds like a lovely weekend Jay When tickets for Peter Kay went on same my GGs were only able to get them for later this year and my son's are for 2024!

Comment

• It was our daughter and son in law who gave them to us for Christmas I’ve no idea how far in advance they bought them. They did say they were lucky to get them! Won’t give anything away but it will be worth the wait!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X