Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good afternoon, was dry this morning so managed to get 30 or so tulip bulbs planted, and a quick tidy up of some of the flower beds, started to alter a gate when it started to rain, worked on for a bit but had to give up as it was getting too heavy, now made lunch and have just been caught to do some hoovering once I finish this post😒 once I get that done I will go out and saw some tree branches that I have collected, catch you later

​​​​​​
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good afternoon all,what a lovely day,more like spring,am still enjoying my new life,apart from my stupid back,hope your all well,i am of now to do some catch up at home,have a lovely afternoon
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon

For the first time this year the Towel’s were line dried and put away.

That does sound like a good weekend Jay xx

Time for afternoon tea and biscuits now.

​​​​​​
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I had chocolate digestives with mine
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• I’m not a fan of chocolate so Ginger nuts are my favourite.

It soon dropped cold when the sun went in.

Comment

• Chocolaté hobnobs followed by butter shortbread are my favourites….
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I like odd knobs too, but I rarely buy them as Himself would eat a whole packet in one sitting
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good evening, managed to get a good barrow load of logs sawn, but had to stop after that as my shoulders were getting too sore, will get them stored tomorrow as I had to get the tea made, I am using the microwave more now for veg. which cuts down the washing up, I noticed some of you were on about invisible thread, years ago I used to use fishing gut for putting up hems and the likes, don't know how it compares in price with the thread but worked fine when you didn't have the right colour of thread now off to have a shower to try and take some of the sore out my shoulder, enjoy your evening and stay safe. Goodnight
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening all,
                    Had a busy afternoon making and labelling my apple and plum jelly.
                    Ended up with 12 pots so well pleased with that.
                    I dont want to see my more apples for a while as it's fair bit of work making jelly.

Jay, sounds like you had a lovely weekend.
                    I love Peter Kay, he's so funny.

Bren, got my laundry line dried as well, it makes such a difference.

Rary, look fteryourelf and dont overdo it with the saw.

Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening all. I'm just watching Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds on Sky Arts. I don't know why I put it on, but I was instantly transported to the late '70s, travelling to Leeds in an ancient Mini with a young man I worked with called Peter. The first time that I ever heard it, on a cassette tape. It amazes me how my brain links things permanently together. That afternoon would have probably been completely forgotten if not for that tape.

Rary, I hope you ease your tortured muscles.

Bramble, 12 pots of jelly sounds like a lot of hard work. They should last a long time.

Ah well, back to my reminiscences ........ and The Martians.
                      Last edited by greenishfing; 30-01-2023, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• Morning all.

It's perishing out there again. Not as cold at this time as yesterday, but cold enough. Looks like daytime temperatures should start to go up a bit over the next week or so. Looks like I could get some gardening done soon.

There was a thud outside the corral when I opened the door this morning. Too loud for a cat and definitely not the dogs as they were indoors. A fox or possibly even a small boar? Whatever it was, it had gone by the time I peeked round the corner. There's a single she wolf about 40 km away from us. Been there for a couple of years now. Not much of a problem as there's plenty of game except at this time of year, when she starts worrying sheep. Anyway, just the one for now. On a much smaller scale, I think a wee not-so-timorous beastie might have made its way indoors to escape the cold. I can hear it moving about and one of the dogs is on the alert.

Mr Snoop is currently making coffee if anyone wants one. No biscuits or buns in the house. Or bread or chocolate - we finished those last night... Diet not going so well this month.

The smiles have only just set off. They were waiting for a bit of sunshine today before leaving. Should be with you soon, though. They're not much good at giving shoulder massages, Rary, too tickly. But I think they were talking of making a special fly-by for you.

Have a great day, everyone.

​​​​​​​

Comment

• Morning

Its dry and windy here plus rather gusty so the windsocks mostly horizontal

Snoop hope your beastie soon looses interest and moves away, the most we've had here is a fox with a toe missing who visited one snowy winter we could see tracks leading under one of the trailers. We don't get squirrels but there's usually hedgehogs around the garden hopefully eating slugs.

Enjoy your day

Comment

• Good morning. Yet again I've spent half an hour negotiating and queueing on the doctor's ansaphone. He has still got really itchy hurting skin which has slowly spread across the whole top half of his torso and arms. He saw a doctor last week and was given tablets, but it has got worse since. He's got an appointment for this morning. I have been racking my brains wondering what changes he's made to his food/ drink/ lifestyle about a fortnight ago that could have set it off. I'm hoping that I might have ascertained the culprit. 18 days ago the doctor changed 2 of his tablets for different ones. Only a thought, but I can't think of anything else.

Hopefully I'll get a grory hop done today as well.

It's sunny here but blowing a gale.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                              A bit of a breezy morning here but its dry and sunny.
                              Off to my line dancing with my friend shortly.
                              Will come by later,
                              Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning, after a night of rain it’s dry for the moment. High winds and rain expected later though. Today is an inside day I think.
                                I can’t imagine what it’s like living with boar and a wolf in my back yard Snoop, must make for interesting times! The wee sleekit cowrin’ timorous beastie on the other hand I can cope with!
                                Have a great day folks whatever you’re up too! x
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X