Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning All Very windy here too, bright sunshine and freezing cold. See you later have a good day
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
      Late on today…finishing off preparing the camper for a trip to the uk….Exciting!
      OH has just finished making sourdough bread to take - and crackers …aww…he wants to share his pride in his bread making skills! Any excuse to bake eh? My contribution?….homemade jams. Boxed wines strangely seem to go down well with friends and family too

The sun is slowly struggling to peek through the clouds- let’s hope it clears for this evening so I finally get a chance to see the comet.

Best think about me too before we go…mowing season is almost upon us , so maybe I should get those legs of mine mown
      I might need to pack some extra thermals to compensate eh?

Actually - in reality, I’m guessing our lawns will need mowing once we’re back…I know it’s cold but it’s clearly been growing….

Anyone fancy a brew?
      Last edited by Nicos; 31-01-2023, 10:54 AM.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Back home from the surgery. Mr GF is back on his original medicines again for now. We'll see if there is any improvement over the next few days🤞🤞🤞. He has had a really miserable fortnight.

Just having a cup of coffee and some cake. No thoughts on tonight's meal but I think a grory hop next which might just inspire me.

Comment

• Good bit of detective thinking there gf. Let’s hope it does the trick

Comment

• Good afternoon, Snoop I think the smiles passed by, evedently rather than landing to provide a massage, they decided to try freezing my shoulders as we have had hail and sleet, might not work but certainly nocks any idea of doing more saw work done, as far as landing on me, as I have said to OH my skin is just as sensitive as I am😇, possibly more so, if someone approached me wiggling their fingers as if they are going to tickle me, I just go to pieces, I thought that I would grow out of that, but not sofar, possibly some of you older grapes could let me know if it will stop when I get old😁was out feeding the birds this morning and there are three or four snowdrops out, good to see indications of spring just being round the corner, have to go have had a phone call from doctor to go down for him to sound me, catch cyou after
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Snowdrops already Rary?….nice!

Comment

• I love to see snowdrops. I did once have a clump but Mr GF dug them up! Not deliberately, of course. Annoying, all the same. Aaarrgghh!!!

An upsetting afternoon. Another of my "inherited from my sister in law" friends rang to tell me her husband had died in the local hospital. He went in at the beginning of January with something wrong with his hand and then evidently ended up with pneumonia and covid. He was supposed to be going home last week ....but now he is dead. I'm sorry but I think something is so wrong when something like this happens. He had also had two bad falls while in there.

Mr GF has cheered up immensely, just because he hopes we might have worked out what has caused his recent problems, and are sorting it out. I really hope that I am right🤞. It always worries me how many elderly and/or sick people have nobody to help them sort things out. Some healthcare professionals can be so condescending until....well just until..... and as for some doctor's receptionists! Mind you a good few at our surgery actually know and greet me by name and not because I go their often for myself...... I think there may be an asterisk or exclamation marks ‼(warning) next to my name. I don't care however as long as they actually listen.😀

I think that my loaves will be cool now so I'll wrap them in clingfilm. The intoxicating almond aroma has been driving me mad for ages and I've actually used almond extract that isn't nearly 15 years out of date..... A couple of people will be getting a half loaf each tomorrow as a surprise.
                Last edited by greenishfing; 31-01-2023, 07:24 PM.

Comment

• Well GF you will know the saying "half a loaf is better than nothing at all" ​​​​​​
                  Was down at the doctors as I have had a cough for the past four weeks, he thinks its a virus that I have picked up, and has given me a course of antibiotics, it's very seldom that I am ill, but I do think he is wrong, the only time I pick up anything is when it's money or something I can use and a virus is not something I want to use of course OH recons as I was outside for a time yesterday, it's the cold air I was breathing in, so when I pointed out that this did not account for the past three weeks, I was informed that I don't take care anyway 😒
                  Right take care tomorrow and have a good day and remember to pass on the smiles. Goodnight
                  ​​​​​​
                  ​​​
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good night all.
                    Had a busy but productive day.
                    My daughter came by this evening which was a nice surprise.

Rary, sorry to hear you're feeling under the weather.
                    My son, his wife and child also have the same virus and are also 9n antibiotics,

GF, hope Mr GF feels better soon, you have him spoiled 😏

Take care all.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Rabbits Got an impromptu meeting with management at ten, I'm hoping it might be the last. Catch you all later, have a good day

Comment

• Morning

A much calmer day here last nights gusty wind kept me a wake for a couple of hours I'm glad we had the chimney stack removed from above our bedroom or that would have been howling.

GF hopefully MrGF will have a better time of it now fingers crossed the problems been sorted.

Hope your meeting goes of OK Flo.

Enjoy your day

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Good luck at the meeting, FF.
                          Hope you make a speedy recovery, Rary.
                          Fingers crossed for Mr GF too.

Not such a busy day today, but still plenty to do. One job I'm not looking forward too: digging up some leeks. The ground is rock hard at the moment. Will definitely have to leave it till later and hope it's thawed enough for me to get them out without having to dig out a huge bowl of soil or without snapping them.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all,
                            First of Februry, St Brigids day here. We used together the day off from school,
                            A bright cold morning and ax I wen out the door I potted my first daffodil in flower.
                            Not much on the cards this morning.
                            Enjoy the day.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Thanks Bren, it went really well, I may be officially retired within a couple of weeks

Comment

• Good morning. Mr GF is definitely not as bad this morning as he was last night so I am hopeful, but not completely convinced yet.....he has always been worse at night.🤞

I will be off out on a yoghurt hunt later for his favourite yoghurts which I couldn't get again yesterday. I've now used all the yoghurt he didn't like up in cakes. If I hadn't bought the yoghurt he didn't like I would never have looked for and found the cake recipe that we both now love! I'll drop the other cake off on my travels and I've a couple of cards to post too.

It's 8°C here, but cloudy and blowing a gale. Evidently a 54% chance of rain.

Rary, I hope you feel better soon The reason you got the infection is probably due to the generosity of your friends and family. They obviously like sharing with you. Some old beliefs make me smile. I remember my grandma muttering that I'd catch my death of cold in the days of mini skirts. She also kept telling me I'd get chilblains when I was trying to thaw my fingers in front of the fire and as for the dire warnings about sitting outside on the cold stone steps or flags....

Ooooh, it's nearly time for elevenses. Coffee and cake I think.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X