Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good evening, a quiet day today, had to go up to see grandsons out to school, so been awake since 5, though I didn't need to get up at that time, when I know I have to get up I always seem to wake up about an hour before the actual time and can't get back to sleep, no matter how many alarms are set, actually had three set😏, once back home I decided to wash the floors of the porch, hall, kitchen and bathroom, so have now earned some brownie points 😊 once that was finished I took the dog for a walk then had a coffee, had just finished that when I got a phone call from an electrician who wanted into the church to get some electrical work done, let him in then got a couple of messages, before making lunch, after that I needed to inspect the inside of the eyelids before going to pick up youngest GS after school, then its been a lazy day after that, was thinking of nipping over to collect some seaweed, but decided against that as I will be dropping of daughter and family tomorrow night at a hotel on the shore front, so will collect seaweed after that, right of to have a look through a seed catalogue, just to see what I won't be buying this year​​​​​​. So I wish you all a goodnight and will pass some smiles on to you

it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening all,
      It was a lovely day getting up to 12 degs.
      Spent the afternoon in the garden cutting down all the dead foliage from over the winter.
      Dahlia, Verbena and Sweetpea all now gone into the compost bin.
      Thinking of sowing my sweetpea seed tomorrow.
      Have a good night all,

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening all. A grey day here, but it was quite windy. I decided to put some towels out to dry for the first time this year. I don't think they were any drier three hours later when I brought them in. I also decided to set the breadmaker off this afternoon. It beeped to say it was done and presented me with a lead like brick of what could laughingly be called bread. I hate to admit it but I think I forgot to put the yeast in. I've set it off again now to finish in the morning and there is definitely yeast in this time. So fingers crossed 🤞

Touch wood, Mr GF is slowly getting back to normal. His itching and hurting is slowly subsiding. He hasn't taken the "suspect" tablets for 3 days now.

Bedtime now. Sweet dreams everyone!
        Last edited by greenishfing; 03-02-2023, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• Morning

GF thats a pity about your loaf was it ok for the birds to eat ? we all do these things, I once forgot to put sugar in a carrot cake I wiped it out of the oven stirred in the sugar surprisingly the cake came out fine.

I'm dropping a few things of at the charity shop then having a browse to see if I need/want anything while I'm there.

Enjoy your day
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Good news about Mr GF. And well done on your cake, Bren. Not sure what I would have done. I've forgotten yeast in bread before now but as I don't make it in a bread maker, it becomes obvious before putting it in the oven. The last time, I turned it into flatbreads and they worked surprisingly well. Better than any other flatbreads I've ever made.

Sounds like you found plenty of jobs to keep yourself busy on a quiet day, Rary.

As for here, a very cold night and due to get even colder over next week. 'Arctic cold' is coming our way, according to the weather folk. I'm guessing you'll get it in the UK as well. Will definitely cover up my caulis in the hope they survive.

Busy day ahead. Long list of jobs that include paid work and domestics and fun. The fun part is looking through my seeds and working out what to buy and where to get it from. Will try and get my onions and leeks sown. They can live indoors till the polar cold is over.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning. I have slept like a log, probably because Mr GF did too. I can't remember when I last slept so well/long.

It was the beeping of the breadmaker that got me out of bed. A normal loaf of bread. I'll give the lead bread to the birds shortly. I wonder just how faddy they are? Will they eat it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230204_092421.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	215.0 KB
ID:	2557357

Here are the normal loaf and the yeastless one side by side!

I've just had a glance at the weather forecast. Cold nights from tonight and dry days, maybe even the odd glimpse of the sun🌞.

Comment

• Good Morning All Nice loaf GF and I'm sure the birds will still dine on the other! Have a good day All
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all,
                  Dull and dreary here but its dry,
                  More gardening again today.

GF, that's a fine loaf.
                  If the birds dont eattheothfoneyou ould use it for a door stop,
                  Good to hear Mr GF is re covering,
                  Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• A lovely loaf there, GF. I'm sure the birds will appreciate the other one too.

Comment

• Unbelievably the faddy birds are ignoring the pieces of " brick" and munching fat ball this morning.

When it comes to wrecking recipes my worst offence is halving or doubling recipes and forgetting to halve or double one ingredient.

Comment

• Afternoon, I’m in Ayrshire. Dull and breezy but nice just the same. Just been a walk and back in for a cuppa. Off for a catch up, see you later! x
                        sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon, I am also in Ayrshire, its dull, cold and now raining, went up to the town for some messages this morning, though dry there was a cold wind blowing, once home was out in the garden for a time, but with the rain starting I decided to clean out the stove and have it set for the next time I am out, but I will wait till it gets a wee bit warmer before starting more seed sowing, I am sorly tempted to bury a heat cable in the greenhouse tomato bed, if I do use it I think I will leave it in situ. when I plant the tomatoes, I think it would be safe enough as I don't dig the bed and it is waterproof, anyone think differently? I think I will now go and carry out an inspection of the inside of my eye lids, so take care and have a good evening
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon

Fussy birds you've got in your garden GF I'm sure those around here would be chasing each other over any odd bit of crust.

Rary I've not sown any seeds yet, I've got a heated propagator but there's not enough daylight just yet so I'll hang on a bit longer.

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny here but very cold. Have a lovely Sunday
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning

Flo that sunshine's deceiving I'm glad I slipped on my bodywarmer when I nipped out in my PJ's to check the GH.

Wrap up warm and enjoy your day.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X