Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning. Cloud and sun here today so far and cold with it. The frost hasn't quite melted yet. Another wonderful night's sleep. I feel so much more human.

The leaden bread I put out got eaten in the end yesterday when the local pigeon flock descended. They're obviously less picky than the blackbirds. I also noticed a pair of magpies jumping about in some nearby trees, maybe looking for a nest site. We seen to have lots of them around here. While the trees are leafless I can see three seperate old nests in surrounding trees.

I've just asked Mr GF how his itching/hurting is this morning and got the answer, " What itching?"πŸ™‚

Time for another coffee I reckon.

Comment

• Good morning, sunny but frosty this morning, haven't been out yet but think I will need to send OH out to clear the frost off the windscreen ​​​​​​, Bren if I sow any seeds its only be veg seeds I have found it easier to provide suitable growing conditions at the beginning of the growing cycle rather than at the end, easier frost protection, as there is usually a shorter growing period here than the south, and as each day passes daylight gets longer, reduces the need to provide light, but more important than all that---------- I am impatient ​​​​​​, enjoy your day Folks and pass on those smiles
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good morning all,
        Back to the cold weather, temp at minus 2 this morning and the place is white.
        Off to church shortly.
        Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Sounds like you've got Mr GF sorted there, GF.

I've never used heat cables, Rary, but Quanglewangle did, if I recall rightly. He had to change his account and now goes by the name of fimblefowl. With any luck, he'll see this mention and drop in and comment.

Another cold night. I spotted the price of caulis in one of our local shops the other day. 3 euros for a small cauli. I hope ours survive. They're just starting to head up inside their leaves.

Busy day again. I don't know where the hours go. Certainly there are never enough of them.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Evenin n’alln’all

Quick bob in to say hi to everyone

Frosty here in Yorkshire this morning . Glad today has been an indoor nattering sort of day.
            Yesterday we went down Treak Cliff Cavern in Derbyshire. Not been down there since junior school.Brill outing but blimey - I’d forgotten how many steps up to get to it

Another saying my granny would share was β€˜ remember to wash behind your ears - you don’t want potatoes growing there’

Keep warm peeps….
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
              Evenin n’alln’all

Quick bob in to say hi to everyone

Frosty here in Yorkshire this morning . Glad today has been an indoor nattering sort of day.
              Yesterday we went down Treak Cliff Cavern in Derbyshire. Not been down there since junior school.Brill outing but blimey - I’d forgotten how many steps up to get to it

Another saying my granny would share was β€˜ remember to wash behind your ears - you don’t want potatoes growing there’

Keep warm peeps….
              Same here Nicos. I went down Treak Cliff Cavern when I was at junior school. No memory of ....any ...steps. Obviously as a child I didn't consider it important.
              Last edited by greenishfing; 05-02-2023, 04:48 PM.

Comment

• My main memory of that childhood trip was that I was sick in the coach all the way there
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• evening all,was nice this morning to go out with no coat to church,but different this evening brrrr,am now all set up for me holiday,with the relivent paperwork all set up,i am being well looked after by my man ,need to find more time to be home,i am getting itchy fingers for the outside,now the weather has turned a it can wait a for longer,i seem to be out more than in lately,but all is good for me,have a good sleep all,and Bgood2yourselves
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning all.

Cold and frosty again, but not as cold last night as it has been. Bright at the moment, but due to get cloudy by the look of it. Rain and snow forecast for the next few days, so need to get firewood in under cover just in case it really does happen.

Another busy day on the cards, but what's new? Rary, if you're at a loose end ever and fancy doing a bit of housework here, I'm sure the smiles could transport you back on their return journey.

Better get on with the show. Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

We've back to frost here again it was -2.1c in my GH but it didn't take long to warm up to 10c once the sun hit.

Just to think last week I was looking at seed packets think i'll leave them alone until the end of the month.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning. Jack Frost is nipping at our noses too. Everything has got a coating of white, but the sun is shining so it looks pretty. The sun is forecast to disappear soon however.

Nicos, you got me thinking about school trips in Junior School. Our teachers must have been very brave. I remember two more trips. One, which included an overnight stay in a youth hostel in the Dales and a lot of walking, and another, including an overnight stay in a hotel, to London. I remember visiting Madam Tussauds and The Planetarium plus taking a coach trip around all the famous sights. I'm sure that most children that age nowadays would find it hard to believe that London was the farthest any of us had ever been and was so exciting to kids brought up in a Yorkshire village.

I'm off to make more coffee next.

Comment

• Good Morning All Frosty but sunny here too. Have a good day
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all,
                            No frost here but its sunny,
                            A bank holiday here honouring our first female. Saint Brigid.
                            This is a new bank holiday for us.
                            I am going to spend the day in the garden.
                            Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon, dull but dry and I have been very, very busy today, so sorry Snoop, though a wee visit to Spain would be nice, however OH says she won't be going abroad again
                              I have just ordered 4 replacement pistons for the auto vents I actually need 8 but will have to wait till next month before getting any more, don't know whither to go out singing or collect lemonade bottles to raise the money πŸ™„ was out in the garden for a time and put the greenhouse fire on so that I could nip in occasionally for a heat, temperature in greenhouse was up at 28c and not one vent opened, so please note folks, remove any pistons from auto vents before winter sets in, in future, as it was dry I got some work done in the garden first off I stacked some wood which will be drying off for the next year, I then moved some slabs and repositioned my wormarie, levelled off some chips that I had moved a week or so ago, then planted up some rhubarb roots which I had sitting in the garden, they have been sitting unprotected in the open with temperatures of at least -10 and new shoots are showing through, so I think it deserves to be planted no off for a quick shower as I will be going out after, wonder if OH wants to save some money and water doubt it enjoy your evening

​​​​​​​​​
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Rary, before you give up on the old autovents melt some vaseline and submerge the "elbows" and pistons for a few hours. This gave a couple of mine a new lease of life!
                                Last edited by greenishfing; 06-02-2023, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X