This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning.

9°C here with sunshine and cloud forecast. No sign of any sun yet but maybe later.

I made a fruitcake last night for the old guy who's 97 today. It smelled delicious while it was cooking. We'll call round and see him when we go get a newspaper shortly.

Rary, you have my sympathy....shopping on a Saturday. I hate shopping of any kind at the weekend, too busy and too many children around. We've got the ottoman style bed base which I think is a brilliant idea. The amount of "stuff" that fits in there is amazing. One side for spare bedding and the other for Christmas decorations. It always amazes me how it lifts so easily, even with the weight of the mattress on it which I would never be able to lift.

Mr GF is drooling over James Martin's food at the moment. I'm sure he'll have some new requests by the end of the programme.

Off to make more coffee.

Comment

• Good morning, a bit damp at present but looks as if we could get some sunny periods, not going shopping as OH decided to get one from the big river Co. I will get a bit of gardening done if it stays dry. Why are wives so negative when it comes to saving electricity (money) OH has just went in for a shower, so thinking economically I said we should try to save some money and water by sharing the shower, she said no, I've told her her answer hurt, to which she said "I ken where you'll hurt if you try pushing your luck" 😳, I think I'll get out to the garden now.
      Enjoy your day and remember to pass on those smiles
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All Warmer here too and the sun is peeping out of the clouds. Have a good day All
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
          A bit on the dull side but its 9 degs.
          Nothing much on the cards for us today,

I would never go shopping on a Saturday, just to difficult to get a parking space.

Nicosk never knew Guinness had a coffee one on the market.

I have knitted with circular needles and found them quite easy to use.

Snoop, you seem to be having real cold weather, hope your car thaws out.

Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Just found 3 over ripe bananas in the fruit bowl so cake later

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
              Just found 3 over ripe bananas in the fruit bowl so cake later
              Ooooh, banana bread.😋😋

Comment

• Good morning all.

Bramble, is there a way to get the curl out of the plastic line that connects the two circular needles? Mine have been in their packet for more than thirty years and so now they just won't stay uncurled, even with the knitting on them, it just kinks up in the middle.
                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

• A pleasant morning. I delivered the birthday present who was very happy. Mr GF was less than happy when he saw the fruit cake being wrapped to be given away. "A WHOLE one", became his plaintive wail. He calmed down when I reminded him that he had a date and walnut cake and he got constant cakes. Also it wasn't his birthday. I've told him I'll make him a gingerbread loaf next. Sometimes old men are worse than 3 year olds......

He is sneakier than you though Rary. He decided that a better excuse for sharing a shower was because he felt "wobbly" and needed help. Hmmmmm!!

I've just rooted out Delia's original cookbook to find the leek and potato soup recipe and then just started to flick through. There are so many nice recipes in there.

Comment

• GF I like Delia’s rissole recipe made with either beef or lamb. Its worth saving some of the joint just to make them.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• My middle GG has had her kitchen ceiling ripped out this morning in preparation for rewiring and a new kitchen, so Frank is here while she cleans up the mess. Think I've got the best job

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                        GF I like Delia’s rissole recipe made with either beef or lamb. Its worth saving some of the joint just to make them.
                        I agree, I've made them a few times.

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                          Good morning all.

Bramble, is there a way to get the curl out of the plastic line that connects the two circular needles? Mine have been in their packet for more than thirty years and so now they just won't stay uncurled, even with the knitting on them, it just kinks up in the middle.
                          Sorry Mothhak, I don't have a solution for you.
                          Never had that problem.
                          Best of luck with the knitting.
                          It must be difficult trying to work with a twist in it.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                            Good morning all.

Mothhawk looked online most say to soak the needles in warm water.
                            Hope this helps.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post

Mothhawk looked online most say to soak the needles in warm water.
                              Hope this helps.
                              It would if I didn't have 245 stitches on the needles!

Maybe if I warmed it with a hair dryer? Worth a try tomorrow I think. Thanks Bren.
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

• MH…..wouldn’t steaming them be hotter than a hairdryer? Section by section?
                                Just something else you could try as an alternative back up plan maybe?…..steam burns worse than scalding water, so I guess you’d get more heat if that’s what it eventually comes to ?
                                Let us know how you get on!…fingers crossed.
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X