• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks All, good for 6 months. Frank enjoyed the outing
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
      Very heavy frost here again first thing.

I’m getting itchy fingers too about my seeds. I’ll be popping into Lidl tomorrow so I hope they have their seeds out- I want more dwarf nasturtium . Those, English marigold and lavender seem to be pretty bombproof when it comes to our summers for south facing borders.

Glad your roof is progressing bramble…fingers crossed the rain holds off for them.

I’m going to need to think about maybe finding a new dentist.
      Dentistry in France is generally nothing to be proud of .
      The guy we still go to in the uk is amazing . Very expensive but very up to date with managing our middle aged teeth! Frustratingly now our mothers have died we have no other reason to be in that part of the country. It’s a it of a detour but still worth it. He’s gone part time and has suggested he’s going to retire early….

Just time for one more brew then off out to face the chill….
      Enjoy your day peeps!
      Last edited by Nicos; 15-02-2023, 10:08 AM.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good afternoon, started off cold and wet this morning, it's a brighter just now but still a lot of cloud about, yesterday I collected some molehills in a couple of polly bags, I carried them home, but as I had a terrible night last night, I have now discovered that when I do any heavy work I get bothered by pins and needs more severely overnight, so a barrow in future, or get OH to carry them started tidying up the greenhouse today, so that will keep my busy for a week or two​​​​​​, nice to see that photo from Jay, some of my daffs are through but very few with flower buds on them, right going back out to the greenhouse where I have the stove on, though not telling OH as she would want to come out as well, and believe me there would be one terrible row about the state of the greenhouse, as she is for ever cracking up at me if/when I leave anything lying about, which I suppose is on a daily basis enjoy your day and pass on smiles
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good night all,
          A very busy but productive day.
          The roof is on, the electricity trics are done and the plasterer has just headed home.
          A great job and are delighted with it.

No other news, just looking forward to getting back to normal tomorrow.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Very cloudy start to the day, but no icy blast when opening the door to let Hibou out.
            I had a very productive day in the garden yesterday but I’m aching like crazy this morning!

Glad to hear your works are completed bramble. I bet you grin each time you walk in there

Sorting out the greenhouse is very rewarding isn’t it Rary?
            I used to hate making a start in mine when I had one, but once I got cracking on with it and starting seeing the changes I used to get very excited about the new growing season. Particularly when it was wet and windy outside and I was working away warm and dry.

I’m just about to have another brew…anyone else fancy one?
            Last edited by Nicos; 16-02-2023, 06:50 AM.

Comment

• Morning

Bramble doesn't it feel good when you've had a job done well.

Of on a Grory hop first not to sure after that.

I'd best get on enjoy your day.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Congrats on your assorted missions and projects. Great news about your conservatory, Bramble. That was speedy work.I think I overheard the smiles say they were going to come and have a look.

Chilly again, but nowhere near as frosty as the last few nights. Daytime temps due to rise.

Very busy day today. I really do need to get more done. I used to be so productive but now seem to while away the hours and before I know it they're gone now.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all.

A grey , miserable and cold morning here. Not even a glimmer of sunshine.

I am sitting here, eyeing up the bananas in the fruit bowl that I bought while doing the grory hop. I am not a fan of fresh banana but love banana loaf. They really aren't ripe enough yet to make banana loaves...so I'll just have to be patient. Mr GF "needs" cake so I think I'll have a go at a ginger loaf today. I think the last time I made one was over half a century ago at school and like everything else I attempted in domestic science class was a complete failure. I attended an all girls school and frequently moaned that we didn't have the option of woodwork and metalwork instead of cookery and sewing.

Bramble, I hope you get to enjoy your conservatory again now the work is finished.

Rary, you make me smile. I remember as a toddler, grandad and I used to sneak off into his greenhouse, out of grandmas way. He had a Rayburn type solid fuel heater in there with a rocking chair next to it. I've just realised he was probably younger then than I am now.
                  Last edited by greenishfing; 16-02-2023, 09:06 AM.

Comment

• Good Morning All Good to hear your conservatory is complete Bramble, I bet it looks great. Drizzling here and a bit warmer. Have a good day All

Comment

• Good morning all.
                      Dull and grey here but the rain passed overnight.

GF, ginger cake, it's my all time favourite.

Rary, Its a tough job tidying up the greenhous acts the winter.
                      I did mine a few weeks ago and got it back in shape,

Snoop, you're right, the smiles came by earlier and seemed well pleased.
                      No thank you to a cuppa Nicos, I am out for an early lunch with my two s hook friends,

Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon all,Hope your all well,good now your roof is done Bramble,i am home today,nice man up grading the alarm system,i have sown some seeds,lettuce chillie,pepper,leeks and lobilia,also been eyeing up the garden,as to little changes,jug up last of the parsnips,then they need to be prepped for the freezer,along with some butternut before it all rots,suppose i must go out the back again and cut the string on the frame so i can get the canes of,just wish my body was a bit younger,all be worth it when things are in full growth ready to pick and start again,this year is going so fast,the good news is i am so happy and content,have a good day and Bgood2yourselves,
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good afternoon, dull and damp here today, it would be nice to see a bit of sunshine, however we just have to take what we get and be content with it​​​​​​, was at the church coffee morning, then a quick walk with the dog and now just finished lunch, will be back out to the greenhouse its going to take quite a few days, well until OH either gets all her housework done or forgets about the work she wants done enjoy the rest of the day and remember keep smiling ​​​​​​​
                          ​​​​​
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Hi all. Been dull as ditch water today, but certainly warmer.
                            We took the car for its MOT and we’ve had to order two new rear tyres, apart from that it passed with flying colours! We have to take it in again next week once they are fitted to get the final ok.

We managed a pretty decent grory hop, and that always feels good doesn’t it?

there we’re no seeds yet in Lidl…I’ll pop in again next week when we take the car back in.

GF…I have two bananas needing using up, so I’ve sautéed them in butter to have with our curry tonight. Might sprinkle them with desiccated coconut too. Yum. They become caramelised…..mmmmm…..

Just poured a 0.0 % Guinness…anyone care to join me?

Comment

• Cheers Nicos

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Terrible night’s sleep….I did however manage to rescue Nicole Kidman’s queen bee Who would have thought that one up?

Just having a brew- so do help yourselves.

Yesterday the car passed its MOT but needs two new tyres as it’s been tracking badly. Oh well…can’t complain! Next one will be in two years…

Today will be spent batch cooking and a bit more gardening.
                                Whats everyone else up to?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X