• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same here Jay….it’s her 2nd birthday soon isn’t it?. Wow how time passes
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• That must be so hard Jay22 for you, hope all goes well My middle GG has just called here. She and her partner are staying with his mum and dad while her house is being rewired and what she thought was going to be a few days is turning into much longer. Very difficult all round!
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Hope things improve for you Jay and you get to see your grandaughter xx
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening all.

Jay hope you get your bloods sorted and you get to be there for your granddaughters birthday.
          How quickly the time passes.
          It must be hard pzrtingf rom your brother when he lives so far away.
          My friend has just returned fto port rom Australia after spending eight weeks ther with her daughter and family.

Nothing to report here. We spent the day putting the conservatory back together again.

Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good evening, OH forced me out this morning as she wanted to by me a coffee and scone so we finished up at a GC, where after having the coffee I had a look around and finished up buying some small plants, I intended growing everything from seed this year along with cuttings from my over wintered plants, but sadly the sever frost put paid to that, however I hope to get some cuttings from the ones I have bought, was finishing off my propagator and finished up puting a staple into my arm, had to cut my skin a bit to get the staple out, headed in the house and was washing my arm with vinigar when OH came through to the kitchen, she rarely comes through during the day and ofcourse wanted to know what I had done to cause all the blood, rather than tell her what happened I said I cut myself, if I had said what I had done it would have been worse than the toothache and before I get any lectures I know I need to be more careful off to watch death in paradise so enjoy your day tomorrow and pass on some smiles. Goodnight
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evening all.

I hope things improve quickly for you Jay

Rary, how on earth did you manage to staple your arm? Even Mr GF hasn't managed that..... yet.

We ended up with a visitor this afternoon which was nice.

The wind eventually eased off this afternoon and we even got a bit of sunshine to finish the day.

Comment

• Morning

The winds dropped a lot this morning, so later I'll collect twigs/branches from the garden it looks like some are stuck in the netting

I can't imagine how you managed to get a staple in your arm Rary, take care.

I'd best get on be back later.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                  Good grief Rary….ouchy ouch…I hope it doesn’t get infected. Not thought about cleaning with vinegar before. Bet that stung?

Today is a cloudy, dull sort of day.
                  Well- at least it’s not raining so I should manage to get a bit more clearing up done around the patio area.
                  It’s taking time as we’re going to completely re-cover the old concrete slab of a patio we are using at the moment.
                  It’s actually , from bygone days, the standing area for the farm cows complete with an integral slurry tank beneath. So the concrete is the lid so can’t be removed. ( but the slurry tank is a brill water storage though for our garden plants!)
                  We bought a load of untreated railway sleepers many years ago and hoping to use those (each sliced into planks) with a drainage/ levelling frame underneath.

Also it’s a batch baking day today! OH making bread and me making cakes etc whilst the oven is hot.

Similar garden plans for tomorrow, although I’m going to finally get out my seed packets. I’ve resisted the temptation so far

Have a great day everyone and remember to get up to some mischief…apart from you Rary- you’ve had your share for the weekend

ooooo….just spotted the smiles whizzing overhead…

Last edited by Nicos; 18-02-2023, 07:45 AM.
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all. I had an awful night's sleep. I just couldn't stay asleep for some unknown reason, and no exciting dreams that I can remember either.

The wind has started howling again, but not as strongly as yesterday. I've just had a peep at the weather for the coming week and noticed that there is snow in the forecast for Thursday and Friday. Time to batten down the hatches.....

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                      Evening all.
                      Rary, how on earth did you manage to staple your arm? Even Mr GF hasn't managed that..... yet..
                      Give him time everything comes to she who waits
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Good morning, the arm is fine, the stapler is one of those large hammer type which takes the full hand to pull the trigger, I was using my right hand to work it (I am left handed) and it was a bit of a struggle as I was trying to staple some polythene onto a wooden box I put me left arm over the top of it without realising it was upside down, I found out when I got a searing pain in my arm, do you know I still get the shivers thinking of it, when I realise how close it was to an artery, as for using vinigar that's a thing I have always used for cuts and grazes, especially any in the garden, and it cuts down the chances of getting infection, it does sting a bit but better that than infection.

Comment

• Dull but dry this morning no high winds nor heavy rain which is a pleasant change, will be doing a quick run round the carpet with th hoover, then going up for some shopping before getting into the garden. Enjoy your day, keep safe and pass on some smiles

Comment

• Morning all.

Still quite breezy here, but mild - 12C

Most of the domestic tasks have been done, so I intend to bake a fruit cake later on, haven't made one for a while. In anticipation I've got a can of chickpeas drying on the counter so I can roast them at the same time for a crunchy snack rolled in black pepper and salt. Tried this last week and they turned out great, they were all scoffed in a day and a half.

Rary, I can quite understand how you stapled your arm. I remember some years ago reading about a builder who scratched his head with his staple gun, and only realised he'd stapled it when he couldn't take off his cap.
                            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• By jiminy, Rary. That is an impressive self-inflicted injury. Me, I like iodine for injuries. My mum is absolutely convinced it must sting dreadfully, but I imagine she's thinking of vinegar or TCP. Those do hurt. Anyway, hope you make a speedy recovery.

Struggling with our internet connection today. No idea why, it's a lovely clear day and barely a hint of a breeze. Still cold enough for there to still be snow on the ground on the shady side of the valley.

Glad you spotted the smiles, Nicos. Maybe they were in a hurry to see Rary, inspect the damage for themselves. I hope they remember you're very ticklish, Rary. They were in a right flittery, fluttery state when they set off.

Yesterday's Zoom meeting was half an hour in the end. I think the client just wanted to see I was a real person, see if I was up to the job. I passed the interview, but not entirely sure I want the job. Contemporary architecture meets poetry...

Up the valley for lunch today rather than going out. Phew! With any luck I'll manage to do something this afternoon, if only go through my seeds.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                                Dull and overcast but its not raining and no breeze at all.
                                We have decided to have a chill out day today due to the busy week we had.

Rary, that must have been painful, glad to hear it's not infected,
                                TCP or Dettol were the usual treatment in our house for cuts and scrapes.

No other news, probably a potter in the garden,
                                Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse