Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning All Sorry to hear you're wounded rary, hope it heals quickly. The only time I've used vinegar, other than with salt on chips, was on a wasp sting Glad your meeting didn't last the scheduled time Snoop.
    Not getting much done so far today - I've been an hour with Phrazle and thank goodness I finally got it.
    We're expecting our old neighbour today who is calling for some more jigsaws so I think I'm going to make a lemon drizzle cake for them. Better get on. Have a good day
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• I am still cringing at the thought of that staple, Rary.... and as for the man that stapled his cap to his head......Wow! I will be more careful with mine in future. I usually use alcohol to clean wounds. Alcohol etilico, which I also use on bites, etc. I can't buy it locally but have asked family to bring me a small bottle back from France or Spain in the past. It does sting!

Flo, you have now put the idea of lemon drizzle cake into my head. Last week it was the idea of banana bread and I'm still waiting for the bananas to really ripen, but now I know what will be next after them.

Comment

• Took me a long time to get phrazle today too, Flo. Then after that, I found globle and whiled away another half hour.
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
          Took me a long time to get phrazle today too, Flo. Then after that, I found globle and whiled away another half hour.
          Stop it MH I'm busy doing nothing as it is

Comment

• And Redactle Oh my! Took me 125 guesses! That was hard!
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
              And Redactle Oh my! Took me 125 guesses! That was hard!
              Noooooo!!!

Comment

• Good afternoon, it started raining here so couldn't get outside to either saw some wood nor garden work, so any cutting of wood for my propagator was kept to the minimum, I might tidy it up at a later date, then again, if it's working I might not😊 I have set it up put some pots of seeds into it and decided to call it a day as I feel a wee bit lazy today, when I went in the house OH asked if I hadn't cut myself today, I just get this strong feeling she was being sarcastic, and not really enquiring after my wellbeing 🤔🙄
                I see from some of the comments a lot of you use something that stings when administered to cuts and grazes, I have used a number of the remedies mentioned, but to be honest I have found vinigar to be. the cheapest😁
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon, it’s rained here as well Rary, I got some of the gardening done before it started I’ll do some more tomorrow.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• One lemon drizzle in the freezer and one in the cake tin. It's delicious. One will probably be claimed for a treat for some nurses Stayed fine here all day. Now back to my Noah's Ark jigsaw until the football is turned off

Comment

• Ooo Flo…any chance of sharing the recipe please?
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                        Ooo Flo…any chance of sharing the recipe please?
                        Yes. Seconded.

Comment

• Evening all! Thanks so much for all your kind words, means a lot and yes Nicos 2 already. Yours will be the same, can’t believe how quickly time has gone!
                          It’s amazing to hear her chat away on FaceTime, her vocabulary is really coming on.
                          Rary, that is some injury you have given yourself. You better hope your OH doesn’t read this!
                          It’s been very wet today, not what we were expecting.
                          Hope you all had a fab day! Enjoy the rest of your night. x
                          sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.
                            Lovely sunny one so far. Kettle's on for another cuppa, and there's fresh crumpets to go with it
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all.

Goodness, mothhawk. Fresh crumpets. I'm trying to pretend I didn't read that... Bet they're lovely.

I'm resisting because we're off out for lunch today. A fancy tasting menu already announced on booking. The starter is the local white beans. Look like we'll be filling up on carbs despite the fanciness. We've been advised that lunch will take two hours, so it's going to be a regimented meal. You could feed a family of four for several days for the price of one menu. Add in the wine and you could probably manage a week. As you can probably tell, it wouldn't be my first choice of a place to eat. Not been there before. It had better be good...

On the positive side, it's lovely and bright today and it wasn't such a cold night. Still got a few heads of broccoli and romanesco growing in the veg patch and the caulis are still alive after this cold spell.

Not much else on the cards today. A minor shop before lunch and then bread baking after. The loaves are currently down in the basement in their bannetons and shower caps in the hope that the cold will hold them back till we get home.

Have a great day everyone.

Comment

• Morning

I love crumpets MH but they don't seem to keep me full until lunchtime so I'll be saving mine for afternoon tea, hope you have Marmite to spread on them.

Enjoy your lunch Snoop it does sound rather posh, do people take 'doggy bags' in Spain for when you're to full.

A lovely sunny day here my GH auto vents already popped open.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X