Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good afternoon, was up at five this morning, I go up to put my sons boys out to school and alway waken before the alarm goes off, and as I was in bed early last night, just before midnight, I should have known I would waken up early, once the boys were out and I was back home I had a quick check of the greenhouse then OH wanted to do a shopping, after which we had a quick visit to our friend, she's not feeling too grand just now, I have a funny feeling its because she's not putting the heating on, she says she is but didn't feel like it this morning though it is getting colder again and raining of course, I was on the phone to my brother the other day he stays in Shropshire, and he told me he hasn't had rain for quite a time not sure if that's true or if he is just winding me up, he knows I am always quite serious, now off to make up a programme about preparing for spring, any computer experts who could tell me if/how I can take extracts from a dvd and put it into a PowerPoint presentation, even if it means buying something,,,,,, (sorry felt a bit funny there, don't know why) well enjoy your day and keep smiling
    Last edited by rary; 21-02-2023, 01:14 PM.
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• It’s lovely and sunny here I’ve been gardening without a coat
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Sunny here now Bren, but I'm cold so have put the heating on with the excuse that I'll have to air off the washing
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all
          Tis suddenly feeling chill so I’ve come inside to warm up. I’ve managed about half as much tidying up/ weeding as yesterday as I’m still pretty achy from yesterdays efforts
          Every bit counts though eh?

thanks for the offer Rary…much appreciated!
          Unfortunately I wouldn’t be the right one to ask about computers- let’s hope someone else can advise?
          Have you gooooogled you tube videos to see if someone has covered that subject? The stuff I’ve picked up from there is amazing.

Good grief…I’ve just had a look and , although I’m not exactly sure what you are wanting but this came up….

“How to get DVD clips into a Powerpoint/Keynote Presentation”
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xdyKu9UGfU
          it’s for a Mac if that’s any use?…but there are other titles which come up which might be useful?
          Last edited by Nicos; 21-02-2023, 02:58 PM.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Nicos, I find Youtube amazing for "How to do" stuff as well.

This afternoon the weather has been quite pleasant here. The sun came out and there was no wind. We did our grory hop and took Mr GF's brother too. By the time we got home there was a nice smell coming from the slow cooker, and the bread was cool. Mr GF had too much soup and bread, of course, and is now worried he won't have much room for pancakes! What can I say?...........more for me!😋😋😋

Comment

• Morning all. Been awake since 4am, me and the blackbird that is!
              Can’t get back to sleep, my mind is all over the place so I’m going to try counting sheep!
              Just thought I’d come and say ‘hi’ to anyone else who’s awake!
              Well, catch you all later at a more sensible hour. x
              sigpic

Comment

• Mornin Jay n’alln’all
                Fancy a brew or have you gone back to sleep???? I’ll tiptoe around in case you have.

Gosh that’s early for a blackbird!…I’m presuming you have a street light nearby?
                I’m just listening to mine at the moment. I was thinking that the Dawn chorus is getting louder…I imagine the birds are looking for partners as well as defending their territories?

Its another foggy/misty start to the day here, but not as much as yesterday.
                We are forecast showers - if so I’ll be doing domestics today

Hope peeps enjoyed their pancakes? I’ve never missed a year yet!

Enjoy your day peeps….not seen those smiles yet, no doubt they’re on their way…I’ll remind them to slow down over your house Jay x
                Last edited by Nicos; 22-02-2023, 06:09 AM.

Comment

• Morning all.

Not sure why but the smiles were slow to head out today, guys, and were definitely dawdling. No frost nipping at their heels today, so maybe that was it. Hope they get to make the usual rounds.

Plenty to keep me busy today in the house, which is a shame as a storm is forecast for tomorrow, followed by very poor and exceedingly cold weather. Hope I get a chance to sort out the asparagus before the cold comes. Looks like it's going to be worse than this latest spell. Snow at 200 m and we're at 500 m. So looking likely. Shame for the almond farmers as the trees are just coming into blossom. So that'll be this year's almond harvest lost. Again. Went to have a look at our walnut tree the other day and it's got plenty of buds on it. But it's in a cold spot, so I don't hold out much hope for a harvest for us either. Would have been our best year for a long time by the look of it too.

Anyway, got to keep the bank manager happy, so better get on with the work.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning All Much colder here than yesterday and lots of cloud. Hope you got some more shut-eye Jay. Have a good day All
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.

I was a fellow insomniac, Jay. I awoke just before 4am too but managed to drop off eventually until 6am. I'm not sure why but maybe I was a bit too warm with the thick quilt on and Mr GF snuggled up too. I have thought of going down to a cooler quilt but then I checked the forecast, much cooler from tonight onwards.

Amazingly Mr GF managed his fair share of last night's pancakes in the end. I need to think of something different to do with the rest of the oranges now. It's something that I rarely buy although we go through mountains of lemons. I remember as a child my grandad cutting oranges in half and pushing sugar lumps into the middle which I thought was peculiar.

Snoop, sad about the almonds. I love to see almond blossom.

Nothing I "have" to do today although some cleaning is definitely overdue and I think the bananas are sufficiently ripe now to make into loaves. I promised one to my brother in law when I took him shopping yesterday.

Comment

• Here are a few ideas gf..
                        https://insanelygoodrecipes.com/orange-desserts/

I like to chop oranges and add to a tumble salad, or bake with a bit of ginger or cinnamon. Grated zest in cakes, maybe with chocolate and coconut….

Comment

• Good morning all.
                          Sunny but much cooler here at just 4 degs,
                          Domestics and a walk in the park.
                          Looking after my grandson this evening.

The weather is really playing up this year.
                          Snoop, sorry to hear about your almond and walnut trees.
                          Maybe the worst wont happen.
                          Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Fingers crossed for the almond trees Snoop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                              Here are a few ideas gf..
                              https://insanelygoodrecipes.com/orange-desserts/

I like to chop oranges and add to a tumble salad, or bake with a bit of ginger or cinnamon. Grated zest in cakes, maybe with chocolate and coconut….

Nicos, you are naughty!! When I saw the first picture on the link, of the chocolate dipped candied slices, that was it. Obviously none of the other recipes could live up to that and somewhere in my brain a long forgotten childhood memory half surfaced only to dissolve away. I dread to think just how fattening they'd be.

Comment

• The blackbird seemed to go quiet around 5am and I must have dropped off soon after. Yes there is a street lamp nearby Nicos. The blackbird seems to start singing about 4am for about an hour then goes quiet until about 6am…unless of course it’s two blackbirds.
                                No meds again this week, getting a bit concerned now, but we’ve decided to take off to see our family for a week in case the oncologist doesn’t allow me to travel when I see her next week. Best take the chances when we can!!
                                Hope you all have a fab day. I’m deliberately not looking at those recipes!!! Hope the trees do ok during your cold spell Snoop! x
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X