• Show
Clear All

• Enjoy your week Jay!
    As they say ‘grasp/ seize the moment’
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon

Its just started to drop cool out, it’s been a nice day otherwise.
      No pancakes here Nicos intended to have some but I didn’t fancy them in the end. Had a sourdough and Stilton toasted sandwich instead.

Enjoy your visit Jay xx

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I hope that you enjoy your visit Jay.

We've had a dull and drizzly day here and the wind feels bitter. Maybe an omen of things to come..........🥶🥶

I can smell the banana loaves cooking in the oven now. Two big ones, one for us and one for my brother in law. I must admit I was looking at even more orange recipes after the ones Nicos drew my attention to. I came across homemade Jaffa Cakes, orange meringue pie and orange drizzle cake. I can practically see the calories gathering .

Comment

• Homemade Jaffa cakes!? Oh dear...

Edited to say: Saved by the fact that I can't buy orange jelly here. Phew!
          Last edited by Snoop Puss; 22-02-2023, 03:50 PM.

Comment

• I can smell this evenings slow cooker sausage casserole I’ve closed the door on the living room/kitchen but it still smells good.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
              Homemade Jaffa cakes!? Oh dear...

Edited to say: Saved by the fact that I can't buy orange jelly here. Phew!
              I think, not that I really read the recipe carefully, that you should sieve orange marmalade!

Edited to say I actually bookmarked them.
              Last edited by greenishfing; 22-02-2023, 04:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

I think, not that I really read the recipe carefully, that you should sieve orange marmalade!

Edited to say I actually bookmarked them.
                Oh, that's interesting. The recipes i looked at all said orange jelly as well as marmalade. Can you send me your bookmarked link? Thanks.

Comment

• Oh yes!

https://www.jaffa.co.uk/recipes/jaffa-cakes/

Comment

• The reason that I didn't read the recipe carefully was I thought that there is no way that I could put an ultra thin layer of chocolate on top.😋🙂😉🙄🙄 and I am so ....so .....so..... nothing! I just know I WILL feel guilty when I munch them.

Comment

• Good evening all.
                      Busy day here with family calling at intervals throughout the day.
                      Had my grandson this evening, doing playdough and colouring.
                      Having a late dinner as I am shattered.
                      Have a good night all.

Jay, I hope you have a lovely holiday catching up with family. Z

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good evening, it was a nice sunny day today, so good to see the sun, as we will be a bit busy Thursday and Friday OH wanted to head to the GC for lunch, then have a look through a new B&M shop that has opened, and ofcourse I had to walk round with her, just to ensure she didn't spend too much, this shop has a GC attached so I had a quick look round that, the only thing that caught my eye, well apart from the price of things being a bit more than I remember, was some rhododendron, which looked quite healthy and half the price I paid for one at a nursery last year, I might buy one the next time I am in at that shop, then again might not once back home, as it was nice and sunny I got the shredder out and shredded a large pile of branches I had, I had collected quite a pile while waiting for a sunny day, when the sun is out I can shredd them all without cost, and it fairly tides the place up, fortunately I got all hat work done before heading to the opticians with daughters youngest, as he had to pick up a new set of glasses, once he had his glasses we walked along to Timpsons to get a new battery fitted to OHs watch, while there I asked about getting an automatic watch cleaned, but he would need to send it away and it would cost about £80 to get it done. I feel rather faint at the thought of that😢 will need to think on this,
                        Well enjoy your day tomorrow and with the latest news start getting your garden ready, so that you can grow a bumper harvest this year, and rember, pass on the smiles. Goodnight
                        ​​​​​
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evening n’alln’all

Oh gosh gf…..your orange link is even better than mine! Oh dear….
                          I’m going to have to try some aren’t I?

I love shredding Rary, that and wood splitting. Very rewarding!

I’ve not achieved much today. I think I’ve benefitted from a calm day tbh . It’s drizzled on and off all day and Hibou has been in and out of the front and back doors like a yo-yo !
                          I found the last half remaining peacock feather of Albert’s which she used to play with years ago….and she was so proud to be carrying it around with her. So sweet. Amazing what you discover when you start to clear out cupboards!

Comment

• Oh , and Rary…if that’s your favourite watch, then go on and get it cleaned it’s important to do something special for yourself from time to time

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Off out today to get the new tyres fitted then back for the final sign off on the MOT…then a grory hop.
                              And yes, no doubt I’ll be buying more oranges!

Theres a garden centre nearby which we didn’t get to last time so I’m hoping to pick up some spuds and shallots whilst we’re nearby….and whatever accidentally jumps into my basket! Those seed packets have a mind f their own don’t they?…little rascals!

Looks like the drizzle has stopped so hopefully more gardening. It’s lovely to see things coming together after a bit of hard graft isn’t it?

Whats everyone else up to today?…whatever it is, enjoy yourselves .
                              Oh boy…..looks like someone is going to have fun - those smiles whizzed by at a great pace….
                              Last edited by Nicos; 23-02-2023, 06:17 AM.

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny but colder than yesterday. Frank sitting today so not much housework will be done! Have a good day
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X