Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicos, I forgot to say, good luck with the MOT test.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Snap MH, I got it in two as well!
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Oops sorry MH, just realised that you got it in one, well done!
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Late elevenses here. I'm half wishing I hadn't promised the other banana loaf to my brother-in-law now. It is so good.....slathered in butter, of course.

By about 10.15 am, I decided enough was enough with the fibre broadband still being off, so I rang the company. I did so with dread, as I have awful memories queueing on the phone for hours with tech support with different internet companies over the years, only for them to pass you on to someone else, to then do it all again, ad infinitum.

Today however, the first time I've had to call this company with a problem, the phone was answered in a couple of minutes and in less than ten I was online again. I'm happily running at 950Mbps again now with a T.V. and a couple of phones connected.

How on earth would a youngster ever comprehend the "joys" of the old dial up when you could only connect one computer with a cable, no wifi,and when you did you couldn't use the phone as well ............ Practically prehistoric.
          Last edited by greenishfing; 24-02-2023, 11:31 AM.

Comment

• Good afternoon, we actually have the sun again today, but unable to get much done as OH had to go and get flowers for the church as there is a funeral later today.
            Snoop that's a good idea getting the kids to contribute for my watch repair, then again I could try cloud funding? If any of you would like to contribute, pm me and I will give yoy my details, reading back that you would think I knew what I was talking about😁 unfortunately it's all in a distant realm for me😏
            Reading back yesterdays posts a number of you girls are a lot older than I thought, with your comments on what was available in the shops and things you hadn't heard of, thank goodness I hadn't experienced anything like that🙄, though the lettuce I remember from childhood was Webs Wonderful, which I suppose came a lot later than the time you all were referring to. Enjoy the rest of the day and remember keep smiling

it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Well…I’m home!…and yippee..all sorted re the MOT. So, that’s it for another 2 years It does feel a bit long tbh and I prefer to have it looked over once a year anyway so I can catch anything which might be showing signs of needing attention.

We’ve just heard that our local little one man band garage is closing down next month. Very sad. He was always super busy and no job was too small. It’s going to be hard to find an alternative locally without having to go to main dealers and pay higher rates per hour.

I managed to pick up some packets of seeds- both flower and veggie so I’ve lined them all up to admire them!

I felt quite guilty in the supermarket…loads of tomatoes, raspberries, strawberries, lettuce, cucumbers etc etc….no shortages here. And yes, in case you are wondering…I bought some. No seasonal buying today for me I’m afraid

I’ve printed that recipe off Snoop. How couldn’t I when I saw the ingredients?
              Oh and that banana loaf sounds yummy too gf.
              Oh dear - you’re all a bad influence
              And gf…good on you chasing up the internet.

I’m off to have a go at some of those MH and Flo…..

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon

Nicos no shortages in Aldi yesterday plenty of toms, cucumbers and lettuce. I never buy toms of cucs I put it down to being spoilt by the taste home grown, there’s plenty of roasted toms in our freezer then few jars of pickled cucs/courgettes for salads.

Not good the local garage closing there’s a big difference to main dealer prices, pity no one else is taking over.

That’s good your internet now sorted GF.

Last edited by Bren In Pots; 24-02-2023, 04:21 PM.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                  I’ve printed that recipe off Snoop. How couldn’t I when I saw the ingredients?
                  Have you found a Dan Lepard recipe, Nicos? I went looking for the one I use and couldn't. My one is in his book The Handmade Loaf and apparently he's a stickler for not allowing recipes from his books to be shared by bloggers and the like. Which seems only fair after all his hard work. So I wasn't surprised when I couldn't find it. Can you share a link to the one you found? I spotted a couple in the Guardian newspaper, but not sure which one took your fancy.

Another option is to see if this link works: https://books.google.es/books?id=pll...nnamon&f=false

The recipe I use is the first of the three hits if you search for cinnamon in the book. One blogger described the loaf as 'sturdy'. It's a good description of the original. I've upped the hydration this time around.
                  Last edited by Snoop Puss; 24-02-2023, 05:09 PM.

Comment

• Shut your eyes, @Rary...

Dan Lepard's cinnamon and raisin loaf from his book The Handmade Loaf. White, rye and wholemeal flour, rye levain. Click image for larger version

Name:	fruit loaf.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	2558437

Comment

• A nice looking loaf Snoop I can almost smell the cinnamon.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Ah Snoop…I mistook yours for this malted fruit loaf!..
                        https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...drink.recipes1

Being a lover of Soreen , it looks amazing.

Have to say though that your fruit loaf looks great!

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

We have an unexpected drizzly start to the day.
                          Not sure what today will bring, but certainly a trip to the tip with the trailer load of moss.

OH has spotted some scaffolding boards for sale and just come up with a plan for some raised beds. You’d have thought he’d got enough projects to do first wouldn’t you? Oh well…(.seeing as we don’t have a greenhouse).I’ve always secretly fancied a Victorian hotbed, so maybe I could add that to his list….

What’s everyone else up to today?…well, whatever it is, enjoy yourselves
                          Last edited by Nicos; 25-02-2023, 08:12 AM.

Comment

• Morning all.

That looks amazing, Nicos. Have bookmarked. Now to find dark ale...

Very dull day today. And very chilly. Time to get the range lit.

Usual kind of day ahead but might try and fit a nap in. Woke up tired, oddly. Must also try and do at least one of the asparagus beds.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• I’ve been meaning to ask gf….do you have a recipe to share for your banana bread? I don’t think I’ve had a sticky one….

And snoop…how was that loaf?…..I can visualise a slice slathered in butter..mmmm…..

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                                Morning all.

That looks amazing, Nicos. Have bookmarked.
                                te he….this bit caught my eye….

” a block of solid carbohydrate that's packed with sugar, bound together with butter and ale, almost devoid of healthy bits - and tastes great.”

It would wouldn’t it?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X