X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Me too, Bren, me too.

Forgot to say earlier: pinch, punch, first of the month.
    Ooh yes Snoop, rabbits
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
      I hope your JCB man does a good job, Snoop. I wonder how on earth they used to move them in the "olden days". Horses??
      Donkeys and manpower, I believe. The two very large rocks were moved by another man with a JCB after a previous storm, but the size of some of the stones in the house, terrace walls and especially in the well beggars belief.

Comment

• Good morning all.
        Cold but dry here.
        Domestics here today and then looking after my grandson this evening.
        A visit to the post office if I have time.
        Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Late start for me as I had a rubbish nights sleep.
          We got even more wet snow in the evening and the roads look like black ice at the moment. Still very brrrrr here.

First of the month eh?…wow 1/6th of the year already gone…so much closer to summer though

It must be strange have huge boulders tumbling down onto your land Snoop.
          We live in a hilly undulating area strewn with rounded glacial boulders not from the last ice age but the previous one. We see them all over the fields but mostly dragged to the sides of them or piles in the middle with trees growing up from the mounds. Some are as tall as a
          person but mostly wheelbarrow sized. Locals tell us that the stocky Percheron farm horses were used to move them pre tractors. I suppose before that they had to be worked around.
          Tractors didn’t appear here until well after WW1
          Nowadays they are highly sought after, being used in landscape gardens at quite a hefty price!

I need to get more wood in for the fires…I’ve left it long enough but needs must …brrr…

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Just realised that it’s St David’s Day!

I best go and pick a vase of daffodils
            When I lived in Cardiff I loved the atmosphere of St David’s Day. Happy memories.

Comment

• Just found a Savoy cabbage lurking in the bottom of the fridge. Not sure how long it's been there, but it's going in the pot

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                Just realised that it’s St David’s Day!

I best go and pick a vase of daffodils
                When I lived in Cardiff I loved the atmosphere of St David’s Day. Happy memories.
                I was given a bunch of daffodils this morning
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• A bit late today but still time to wish you a good afternoon, we had some sunshine this morning and the temperature was at 7c so quite nice, OH had a medical today so that sort of tied me up as I had to sit outside the clinic waiting fot her, we then went up to our daughters who fell on Sunday andhas now discovered she has 3 broken ribs, so had to take the dogs for a walk before heading back to the clinic to collect her insurance line and a prescription for pain killers, now about to start making the tea, oh and OH bought a soda bread loaf yesterday and on tasting it, it reminds me of what we used call a wheaten scone, all the local bakers used to make them, but sadly with the advent of supermarkets most of the bakers closed and tastes have changed so don't get them now,
                  right Off to make the tea, keep safe and if out and about remember to pass on smiles
                  ​​​​​​
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good night all.
                    Had a busy evening entertaining our grandson.
                    This evening was all about play dough.
                    Only getting to sit down now as it was late when he went home.
                    Early night for me I think.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                      Well, I had a fantastically deep sleep until Hibou started bouncing around at 6am
                      -4C so she wasn't out long- just enough for me to make the first brew of the day.
                      There was no frost at that time but now we have a really heavy frost again.

OH needs to collect something from town so I’ll go with him and get another ball of wool, go and buy some replacement broad beans , then a quick grory hop.

He was at a bit of a loose end yesterday so I passed him the crumpet recipe….he tried using Canadian flour which ended up too strong - just half a batch, so we ended up eating those. Then he made some sourdough crumpets….and we ate those…and this morning he’s just announced we’re having Staffordshire oatcakes.
                      I did remind him that we’re supposed to be dieting but he was so chuffed with himself….who am I to complain ?
                      Oh well…it’s my fault…I sowed the seed I suppose….

Here is a recipe for wheaten scones Rary….I’ve never had them so will give it a try. I’ve never seen buttermilk here so would use live yogurt….
                      https://www.nigella.com/recipes/memb...wheaten-scones

Right….I must stop thinking about food

Time for another brew then…

Comment

• Morning

Grory hop for us as well Nicos, no seed buying though I've got more that enough for the space I have, not that I've sown anything yet this year. Really must make a start.

Best get a move on.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Crumpets... I've been thinking about them... Made French madeleines this morning for gifts, but next to none left for us. Mr Snoop was rather disappointed. But I bet crumpets would make up for the losss. I've started using ordinary bread flour (not strong) for my sourdough and almost all-purpose for yeasted bread. I like the results better now that I've got better at shaping. Which reminds me, no bread in the house, so that needs rectifying.

Lovely bright day out there. Another cold night. Almost minus 6 ºC when I got up. Haven't been out to look at the caulis but will do a detour to inspect them when I take the dogs out when it warms up a bit.

Still loads of work to get through, but not as bad as the last couple of days. Phew!

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all. Not a bad night's sleep.

I made Mary Berry's lemon drizzle cake yesterday and we'll be trying it for elevenses this morning. It certainly looks okay but somehow I seem to have got "drizzle" everywhere. I only realised this morning when I realised that I was sticking to the kitchen floor.

It's decidedly grey and drizzly again today. According to the forecast we can expect sleet and snow from Saturday night onwards. 🌨 I've no idea how much however. I'm supposed to be taking Mr GF's brother for a hospital appointment at the eye clinic on Monday so I hope it's not too bad as he is really unsteady on his feet at the best of times. If it looks as if we're getting plenty snow I'll top up on milk and we'll live out of the freezers and cupboards.

Comment

• Good Morning All Three degrees here and cloudy. Waiting for delivery, I've treated myself to some daffs, I can't bear to cut any from the garden. They've subsituted them according to the receipt so that will be interesting.
                              That's the recipe I started with for lemon drizzle GF, so I can imagine the sticky mess
                              Have a good day All

Comment

• Good morni g all.
                                Just had a light shower but its passed and the sun is shining.
                                Out for lunch today with my friends and our hubbies.
                                I need to buy some cards for upcoming birthdays and a retirement card.
                                Have a good day all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...