Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My favourite gardening show at the moment is on Youtube, streamed live every Tuesday evening: The Potty Mouth Garden Club. Better than you'd think from the title...
    Here's last week's episode: https://www.youtube.com/live/gUqu6GDCkdo
    My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
    Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
      Good morning all.

Yes Rary, I'm much more of a "misery" than you.
      You missed out the "old" gf
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good morning all.
        Dull and grey this morning and only 4degs .
        Do ethics on top of the list,
        A trip to the pharmacy and a little shopping this morning.
        A bit of gardening this afternoon,
        Snoop, let us know how your malt loaf turns out.
        Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post

You missed out the "old" gf
          Deliberately!

I am happy so far today. By 10.30 I'd done all my shopping bits and got my new tyre fitted. Still very grey and overcast here but I'm thinking about elevenses now.

Comment

• Good Morning All Elevenses here too. I've hung out the bedding just to give it a blow, it's too cold outside to dry it.
            Rough night again but this time because I couldn't get to sleep and when I did my dreams were full of getting lost!
            I too record lots of programmes including GW so I can skip the boring bits.
            About to make sausage rolls and a cake (after doing Wordle and Phrazle).
            Have a good day All
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• We're having the last of the edible parts of the lemon drizzle cake for elevenses. The soggy middle will go to the birds unless anybody knows any reason that they shouldn't like it.

I think I'll go back to basics and make a Victoria sponge later today, just flavoured with vanilla and filled with blackberry jelly. I'll then probably take half for my brother in law tomorrow.

Comment

• Morning n’alln’all…well…it’s actually afternoon now isn’t it?

Busy morning so a quick brew stop.

gf…do you have a microwave?…if so, stick the soggy bit of lemon drizzle cake in there ( that’s if it’s due to being undercooked?) and it’ll cook.
                That’s reminded me that I need to add chocolate microwave mug cake/ pudding to my list of desserts for my guests

More house prepping today for me. Deffo a bit warmer outside….thank goodness that wind has dropped finally!

Enjoy your day peeps….
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• No real idea, but somehow the idea of lemon and raspberry trifle made with lemon drizzle cake sounds appealing...

Back from the shops. It's lovely and warm out - just sat outside with my cup of tea - but indoors is perishing. Going to be starting the gardening sessions Monday. Hope it's as nice as this then.

I'll let you know about the loaf, Bramble. Nothing even vaguely 'dark ale-ish' in the shops and Mr Snoop isn't convinced by my use of watered-down rum. I shall ponder on (the other option to hand is semi-secco marsala, which might go nicely with prunes if I use those).

Last edited by Snoop Puss; 04-03-2023, 02:24 PM.

Comment

• Afternoon

I agree with Nicos m/wave then I'd cover it with custard, custard hides everything.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• ^^^ * drools just at the thought!
                      Are you drooling too Rary?
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I'm not looking 😔
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Good evening all.
                          Very cold and grey here, the day never picked up.
                          I never got out to the garden because OH decided to take out all his summer clothes for our upcoming holiday.
                          Well, he obviously didnt fold them very well , they were full of creases.
                          A chunk of my day went on ironing them all.
                          Only sitting down now to do the phrazle and the wordle .

Hope all the cakes turn out well.
                          Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good evening, temperature dropping quite quickly now so this will be me in for the night now, just going to make a chicken curry for the tea, anyone else find chicken tasteless nowadays, or was it always like that, I am going more and more towards vegetables for meals to give some taste, personally I think its you lot going on about cakes, buns and loafs that's destroying my taste buds, however I still live in hope of actually tasting some of those cakes, buns and loaves, as I will be heading down the M6 in a week or so, some of you could make an effort to come and wave me down so that you can pass some on to me, and no Nicos this doesn't let you off, I will be quite happy to accept your offer from your family, Snoop and bramble I am working on how you can donate, so don't feel I am neglecting you both, right need to go, enjoy your evening and keep smiling, Goodnight
                            ​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                              just going to make a chicken curry for the tea, anyone else find chicken tasteless nowadays, or was it always like that
                              ​​​​
                              I find chicken breast tasteless. I use boneless chicken thighs in whatever I cook.

Carrie

Comment

• Good to see you, Carrie. Hope you're doing well.

I shall ponder the cake situation, Rary.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X