• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post

Ha ha ha…that sounds rather painful!
    Classic Sheldon Cooper Nicos
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
      Oh dear rary, you're tempting fate with the winding up, you may find yourself attached to another object by an inclined plane wrapped helically around an axis
      Given Rary's propensity for accidents, that might even be 'wrapped helically round an axe'.

Comment

• One, just one accident and ofcourse women don't forget that, they have a tendency to spiral round these things
        Last edited by rary; 06-03-2023, 08:09 PM.
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

’warm’ and still cloudy start to the day here….Hibou is happy to stay outside for longer..she’s been in and out like a yo-yo over the last few days hoping to find the ‘summer door’

I see snow is arriving ooop norf - hope it’s not too bad for you all.

Domestics for me today - lots to do…plus a grory hop today or tomorrow.
          But…one thing I’m really looking forward to is potting on my recently germinated peppers!

Must be time for another brew?
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning Nicos and All Freezing but sunny here. Frank is tucked in his bed beside me so that's my day sorted
            Will probably finish my book today - I've resumed listening to The Archers after a gap of about 20years, so filling in with a companion book.
            Thanks for the brew Nicos

Comment

• Morning

Sunny but cold here looks like the best place to be is in the GH.

Domestics here as well Nicos and I might even get around to sowing some seeds.

Enjoy your day
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Phew! Phrazle took me 5 attempts today, I'd forgotten about apostrophes, had me quite baffled. I might dig out my seed box to see if my mojo is hiding in there

Comment

• Good morning all. I half expected, after listening to the doom and gloom...end of the world is nigh... weather men, to awaken to a white world. Not a snowballs chance in hell. Although there had been a touch of frost the bright sunshine had just about thawed it by 8am. I even called in at the local mini supermarket yesterday to grab a bottle of milk ....just in case. I can live without a lot of foods temporarily but fresh milk I would find the hardest to run out of. I won't even keep UHT in the cupboard for emergencies.

Today is grory hop day hopefully. I'll stock up the fridge before we get snowed in. One day the weatherman must get the forecast right due to the laws of probability.....maybe.

I took my brother in law to the eye hospital yesterday and amazingly they were on time and efficient and even more amazingly I got a free car park space near the doors. He has exceedingly limited mobility so it can be a struggle. I'll ring him shortly and see if he wants to come to the supermarket or if he needs me to get him anything if not.

I was reading yesterdays comments on cooking and washing up with amusement.....particularly the one's pertaining to Rary. When Mr GF and I got together we discovered that neither of us were good at cooking but I slowly got quite interested in it and improved and we ate out a lot. Mr GF is definitely the washer upper and tea and coffee maker now. He only cooks when either I am ill or I insist it's his turn....we usually go out then.

Peeping at the latest forecast our next strong possibility of snow is tomorrow night/Thursday morning (95%). Pity I can't find a flying pig emoji.

Catch you all later. I better search for my sledge.🛷

Comment

• Morning all.

Cloudy here, but quite warm by recent standards. No frost! Looks like daytime temperatures are due to rise quite a lot as well. Forecasts of 25 ºC highs at the weekend. Hope not. That's way too early. Sounds like we could do with a bit more weather mixing - not so cold and snowy up north, not so hot and dry down south. Sounds like you're going to be sorted for the duration, GF. I have to admit we're still working our way through tinned goods that I bought to see us through the Covid lockdown...

I'm doing a grory hop today as well, but an online one, as my flour supplier has a special offer on at the moment. I'm going in the opposite direction to Mr Nicos, as I'm starting to move towards weaker rather than stronger flours and using slightly less water to compensate. That reminds me, we actually have no bread in the house. An unnatural catastrophe, as far as Mr Snoop is concerned. So I'd better remedy that today.

Better get on with the show. Have a great day, everyone.
                    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 07-03-2023, 08:33 AM.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                      Beautiful bright sunny morning but its 0 degs.
                      Off to my line dancing shortly.
                      No grory hop here as we will be away on holidays so we are using up what we have..
                      Lots of errands to run this afternoon.

Flo, I am still battling with phrazle.
                      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• It's tricky today bramble!

Comment

• What a beautiful sunny afternoon but still very cold.
                          Spent a good bit of time in the garden.
                          Met some friends and they have invited me to go to bingo tonight.
                          Maybe beginners luck.

Flo, I didnt get the phrazle yet either...will keep trying.
                          Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

…and we have rain!..more like a drizzle, but it’s very welcome…well for now anyway!
                            Anyone got sner?

More domestics today in preparation for friends coming to stay.

Brew time anyone?…I’ll go and get that kettle on and get the washing machine earning its keep….

Comment

• Actually - anyone fancy toast and dippy eggs too?
                              Last edited by Nicos; 08-03-2023, 06:12 AM.

Comment

• Good morning.

Dippy eggs here please, Nicos, with soldiers. It's a chilly -2°C here at the minute with a frost. The sun is valiantly trying to break through the clouds but not quite succeeding.

I did the grory hop yesterday and took my brother-in-law too. We're all set for a few days of bad weather......if it arrives. There were a few small flurries of snow while I was shopping, but if you blinked they were gone. I remember as a child getting so excited when the sky took on that yellowy grey heavy look and the first flakes began to fall. Yesterday Mr GF said that he hates snow. As I said that just means he's old.

We're supposedly expecting snow here from about 3pm onwards so when/if the car defrosts I'll do any errands before then.

I must make another loaf of bread today and more cake. The bananas still aren't ripe enough so probably another Victoria sponge. Chocolate I think, filled with blackberry jelly (lots to use up) and topped with a good covering of chocolate. Whipped cream available in the fridge for them who wants it. ME!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X