X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending you Birthday wishes Jay
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• For the first time this year I actually believe that my washing, heavy brushed cotton bedding, might more or less dry outdoors. The sun is in and out but there is a decent breeze and the air feels quite warm. Spring does seem to be in the air. When I changed the bed this morning we went down from the 15 tog duvet to the 10 tog duvet as I've been a bit on the warm side the last few nights.

The supermarket was open again today. They were desperately still trying to refill all the chiller cabinets and the freezers were just about empty as they'd had to get rid of all the stock that was there during the power cut. The upside was really fresh stock with long dates. Fortunately they had nearly everything I needed.....except Mr GF's favourite yoghurts again. Never mind, he has enough left for another couple of days and I think I can stand a quick trip into Sainsburys to get some as long as I wear blinkers as I pass the naughty aisles.😳😜😆. I'm dreaming again😴 of course. I did buy my great nephew a chocolate button easter egg as well in the supermarket. He was too young really last year to appreciate chocolate so his mother, my niece, ate his Easter eggs. I also got him a sunflower "planting kit". Basically a pretty bucket, compost, seed etc. I believe in encouraging them young!
      Last edited by greenishfing; 22-03-2023, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• Good evening all.
        We are still having beautiful sunny weather here.

Really only posting to wish Jay a very happy birthday.
        I hope you had a lovely day.
        Good luck with the puzzles. 😃

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Oh thank you Bramble and everyone else, really appreciate it. Honestly didn’t post that looking for birthday wishes but thanks again!!
          sigpic

Comment

• Good evening back home after a relaxing break, weather wasn't the best but still nice to have a bit of time to ourselves, OH is unable to walk very far so spent time just sitting reading, if we were at home it would have been walking dogs, attending to grandchildren and in general on the move all the time, well for me anyway, so I enjoyed the change, however back to normal now as I will be up to get the boys out to school, while I was away the lowest overnight temperature was 5.5c so happy with that, however the forecast says low temperatures for Sat., Sun., Monday, was going to go out to the greenhouse but it is torrential rain just now, so thats that scrubbed, I think I will just have to go and annoy OH for a time, though that will be after I look back to see what I have missed while away. Enjoy your evening, and when out tomorrow remember the smiles Goodnight
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Another quicky, or two, deffinate danger from opening compost bags, I was caught by a whiff when I was opening a compost bag and finished up with a sore throat, it one of the remember points that I always pass on when opening the garden club.
              I have a new phone, have had it for about six weeks, and will take me at least a year to be able to work it reasonably well, but I have just discovered that it only rings for 15 to 20 seconds and I always thought that I was touching a button when pulling it out my pocket, I only discovered the short ring time this weekend, so while on the home OH wanted to drop into a Tesco to get something, while in I decided to find out how to extend the ring time, I asked a young lassie if there was a phone department in the store, sadly no was the answer, but she asked if there was any way she could help, I explained what the problem was and told her I am quite deaf, and need it to ring longer, she advised having it on vibrate as well, which I said I do have, but as I usually keep it it in my trowser pocket but it doesn't last long enough, to which she asked how long do you want it to vibrate for, I could see her thinking on that question, and she had the decency to blush slightly before starting to smile, I told her I wasn't sure, but couldn't proceed with any more of an answer as she seemed to be in a bit of difficulty catching her breath as she seemed to be choking, I told her it was OK I would take it to a bigger store and get it sorted there
              By the way when I say young lassie I mean someone in her mid forties
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Morning all.

Welcome home Rary, hope you get your phone sorted

Sun's out already this morning - fine before seven, rain before eleven, my Grandfather always said.
                I found an old packet of radish seeds so I shall sow some today, if they grow, well and good, if they don't, no loss, it's old seed because I'm not keen on radishes any more, which is strange 'cos as a kid I loved them.

​​​​​​​Have a good day everyone, off to make a pot of tea now
                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Glad you had a nice break Rary.

Any spare tea in that pot MH?

I’ve woken up to sploshy rain…it’s been at it all night. No more gardening then again today..it’s days like this I miss having a greenhouse.
                  My friends leave today so it’s going to seem strange not having them around. At least we found time to start the jigsaw yesterday! We’ve been busy bees

So, domestics once they have gone followed by a loooong soak in the tub .

MH…have you tried sautéing radish in butter? They lose their peppery crispness and become a mild type of turnip flavour. Quite yummy served as a veg or rolled into a salad with dressing. Just a thought? Funny thing is,that, if you aren’t really bothered about something growing then they tend to do really well!

Right…Tis a porridge sort of morning…help yourselves- there’s the rest of the fresh pineapple, bananas, honey, Nutella , melon jam and/or sugar for a choice of toppings.

Not sure if I’ve seen the smiles today - the cloud level is pretty low so I can’t blame them flying above the rain. Bet it’s sunny up there too!
                  Enjoy your day peeps
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

Sounds like you had a grand time away, Rary. Glad you got to have a good break. Bet your family back home was lost without you.

Sounds like you've had a productive time, Nicos. Wish I could say the same about me. I've been busy but barely got anything done, it feels like.

Better get a move on, got the usual loads to do again.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning All Glad to hear you had a good break rary. I sneak radishes into the salad Himself is not keen on. Enjoy all the chocolate Jay. Breakfast sounds awesome Nicos, thank you. You'll have guessed I've got Frank, I'm usually still reading in bed at this hour!

By the way, I'm officially retired now

Have a good day All
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                        By the way, I'm officially retired now
                        Congratulations, Flo. Doing anything special to celebrate?

Comment

• It wasn't how I'd imagined Snoop, so no celebration. I'm sad to have finished after 33years in the same job and will miss it and my work "family" , but realise that it's time to change and relax a bit! Who knows what I might get up to?
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning

Grory hop first not to sure after that.

Enjoy your retirement Flo xx

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                            Sun's out already this morning - fine before seven, rain before eleven, my Grandfather always said.
                            Thats what happened here this morning MF, its just stopped raining and the suns back out again. Handy its stopped so I'll take my shopping trolley instead of the car.

enjoy your day.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                              It wasn't how I'd imagined Snoop, so no celebration. I'm sad to have finished after 33years in the same job and will miss it and my work "family" , but realise that it's time to change and relax a bit! Who knows what I might get up to?
                              It must be a wrench, leaving something you've been doing for so long, especially if it's with the same bunch of people. Sorry to hear no celebration, but I hope you have a great retirement with lots of fun and games.

Comment

• I wish you all the best Flo, and yes it will take a bit of adjusting to, enjoy your free time, but remember keep a bit of "me" time and do what you want

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X