Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning All Steady drizzle here this morning. Your hair looks nice bramble, like the colour Have a good day All
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
      We have another sunny start to the day.
      Our grory hop has been postponed until today as we are meeting up with the lass who wants the six hanging baskets.
      We’ll also take our smaller push mower in for servicing….and (fingers crossed that they have the right colour ) one more ball of wool.
      Doctors appts after that. Busy afternoon!

Enjoy your day peeps…
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Extremely cold night with a very hard frost this morning, but a lovely day.

So far today, been into town for assorted errands and got all the paperwork ready for the MOT today. Also bought some amazing oranges at the garage. Just watching Mr Snoop peel his made me realise I'd need a bib to eat mine!

About to go and sow some seeds, then do all my packing for an early off tomorrow.

Have a great rest of the day, everyone.

Comment

• Hello all,

I haven't visited the forum for a while but I am stuck inside today as the weather is miserable outside so I thought I would pop in and see how you all were?
          My Winter gardening enthusiasm has vanished and I have finally become a fair weather gardener. I have a few things sown at the alottment but nothing sown at home!
          I will still strive to be self sufficient in leeks & onions as I have been for the last three years and have all my brassica's sown in a covered seed bed at the alottment ready to be transplanted accordingly. Loads of broad beans sown as well.

Anyway,I hope you are all ok and you are all full of enthusiasm for the coming season.
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good afternoon, cold and wet and the forecast is for the rain to be on all day, so not going to do much today,not feeling 100%, I think OH has finally let me get something from her I just wish she would be as quick to give me some money ​​​​​​, she is now on steroids and antibiotics, and I just got a call from the doctor to tell me he needs to up my thyroxine, which would explain why I felt I hadn't the same energy as usual, thank goodness, the way I have been feeling I thought I was starting to get old, I am usually on the go constantly, but recently I have been feeling a bit tired, now wondering if I an use it as an excuse to avoid doing housework🤔 I am now going to work on that enjoy your day and smile
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Grand to see you back, Snadger. Me too, I've done very little till the last few days, when the weather has been proper spring weather. Hope you get your mojo up and running and in fine working order soon.

You old, rary? Never! Get better soon.

Comment

• Time to slow down rary

Nice to hear from you Snadger I have been wondering about you ​​​​​​​

Comment

• I had every intention to go outside today, but not in the rain. A year or so ago it wouldn't have bothered me, but it does now. I'm sticking with the theory that it's because I'm now retired so there's always another day

Comment

• Afternoon

I’ve only been as far as the GH Flo so you’re not on your own today.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• And I’m finally home, sat in front of the woodfire supping a big mug of tea.
                      We got all the things on the list sorted so shouldn’t need to go away from the house for at least a couple of weeks unless we decide to go out in the camper.
                      Speaking of campers…..lovely to see you Snadge. Join the Club….I too have joined the fair weather gardeners. And why not eh?
                      So how is your camper coming on? We still have a few things to tweak ( like a light excluder for the extractor fan). Also I’d like to try and encourage our cat Hibou to spend more time inside it with a view to taking her with us from time to time. First of all though we need a harness for her to try to get used to. Has Kato taken well to travelling in yours?
                      Yesterday was a brill example of fair weather gardening…once the frost had melted OH started the shredder just to check it was working ok , and I was outside like a shot. Positioned the shredder in the sun and set to. I had a great day tbh. Very satisfying

So…just about to have a second brew - anyone care to join me?

(Rary…yup, as the others say, look after yourself. You’re only a young slip of a man ( apparently ) so you should bounce back .)
                      Last edited by Nicos; 05-04-2023, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• No thanks to tea Nicos I had tea with my last post this time I’m munching on a dish of fruit. Domestics all finished and everything’s put away.

Plus it’s still raining never mind yesterday was a garden day.

Hope upping your Meds soon makes you feel your age again Rary.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• It was nice to read Snoops, comment it gave me a lift, but sadly Flo brought me back down, if I slow down I would start to feel as old a some on here the decision on Nicos and Brens comments have still be decided , but I do thank you for your kind thoughts
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• I didn't mean for you to do less rary, just at a slower pace

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                              Dull and drizzly here so I’m thinking of making some lemon curd and chocolate cornflake nests for Easter.
                              OH thought is hogging the kitchen preparing for making hot cross buns . The house is going to smell lovely!

Not sure what we’ll be doing this Easter but I imagine we’ll be gardening and munching goodies .
                              Anyone planning anything exciting?

Whatever you are doing today….enjoy!

Comment

• Good morning All I've been up for ages but trying to revive my tablet. Think it's given up the ghost so on my phone! That's today's retail therapy then. Frank's here, Himself is at the doctor's for bloods soon and I'm making a chicken pasta for one of the GGs that I'm hoping we will be eating too.
                                No plans for Easter, we're having Chester to stay for the weekend while my son-in-law takes two of the GGs to London.
                                Have a good day All

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X