This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning, Happy National Unicorn Day
    Sun is shining but it’s a bit windy this morning.
    I’ve been watching the Osprey nest on Loch Akraig since lockdown. (Woodland Trust website) Been wonderful to see the osprey chicks being reared. Louis, the dad, arrived a week ago and started doing up the nest. Dorcha his OH arrived this morning but guess what Louis has been awol since yesterday morning. Hope he comes back.
    Anyhoo, have a lovely Easter everyone, don’t eat too much chocolate!
    Snoop, all being well at the hospital on Tuesday morning ,I’ll be driving passed you in the afternoon, I’ll give you a wave!!
    sigpic

Comment

• Good morning and Happy Easter.

What a grey murky morning! This was supposed to be yesterday's weather, but in defiance of the forecast, the sun shone nearly all day and completely dried my washing. Today is supposed to be overcast all day with only a 2% chance of rain. It feels like rain to me though.

Mr GF put off going care home visiting yesterday, so that is lined up for this afternoon.

Comment

• Morning all and Happy Easter.

Unicorn Day, Jay? Really? Got to be an American invention. Who is it that makes these things official? Times past, we celebrated saints days, now any wacky idea will do.

Have a lovely day all, it's going to be a warm one
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning and Happy Easter

Cloudy and dull here so they've changed the forecast from yesterday never mind its not raining

Bacon, eggs and mushrooms on a sourdough oatcake here, no chocolate eggs here but we still have hot cross buns for afternoon tea.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all and a happy Easter to all.
            Slightly overcast here but its beginning to brighten.
            Family will be calling at various times today so looking forward to that.
            Have a great day whatever you're up to.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Just popped in from the garden whilst OH finishes servicing the mower so I can set too on the field.

I have decorated the lemon sponge cake and put several mini eggs on the cream frosting top…which have all promptly leaked their colouring and it now looks like a pastel Picasso Easter Cake oh well, it’ll taste yummy with the amount of lemon curd inside too

Right…sounds like the mower is ready for me…we have rain forecast all next week and the grass is already about 8” long. Daren’t leave it another week….

Hope everyone is enjoying their Easter?

See ya later!
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                I have decorated the lemon sponge cake and put several mini eggs on the cream frosting top…which have all promptly leaked their colouring and it now looks like a pastel Picasso Easter Cake oh well, it’ll taste yummy with the amount of lemon curd inside too
                I like the sound of a pastel Picasso Easter cake! It would go well with this Picasso Easter egg silicone mould I came across, on a Dubai website of all places.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Picasso-Easter-egg-mold.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	13.5 KB ID:	2560926
                Last edited by mothhawk; 09-04-2023, 02:41 PM.
                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

• Afternoon

I’ve spent the afternoon in the garden the sun did come out but it’s dropping cooler so back indoors to have the last of the hot cross buns.

Wonder why they don’t sell them all year round I’m sure they’d be popular.

Comment

• It's turned chilly here now and you've made me peckish with all your talk of buns, cakes and chocolate
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• I'm amazed at the different varieties of hot cross buns, doesn't seem right though!
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Is your freezer big enough to freeze some Bren.

My OH found them really easy to make…maybe that’s something you’d be interested in trying?
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Moth, did you not know that the unicorn is the National animal of Scotland?!! It’s even on the UK coat of arms…I kid you not.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Good evening all.
                            Well the sun never even showed a sign of coming out today.
                            Cold, dull and grey, not at all what Easter weather should be about.
                            Apart from that,k family all came in today with eggs, cards and flowers.
                            We shared a bottle of bubbles and toasted all the upcoming birthdays
                            It's raining now so that's the end of a perfect day.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                              I'm amazed at the different varieties of hot cross buns, doesn't seem right though!
                              I was given a chocolate hot cross bun, don’t think I’ll bother again give me a real one every time.
                              Nicos it’s not something I’d thought of baking not sure why but those we do buy from the local bakery are very good.
                              Last edited by Bren In Pots; 09-04-2023, 06:25 PM.

Comment

• Evening all.

Evidently great nephew has planted his sunflower seeds in the yellow bucket.

I decided curry really didn't seem very Easterish, despite it being what I really fancied today (and I must say enjoyed) so I decided to make a cake. I don't know why but carrot cake seemed to fit the bill.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	20230409_180134.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	295.9 KB
ID:	2560956 Click image for larger version

Name:	20230409_180254.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	408.2 KB
ID:	2560957

I made a half cake..... one layer, cut in half and stacked. I must say Mr GF seemed to appreciate it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X