Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pouring down here again!…brill news for our transplanted self seeded plants from the gravel driveway. Glad I left them in situ when we weeded the driveway.
    Who doesn’t love free flowers!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Evening

It’s wet and windy here as Snoop
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good night.
        Apart from being g out for lunch with my friend it has been an indoor day.
        very wet and very cold...

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all ...... or more like middle of the night. I've been wide awake since 4.30am for some unknown reason.

Yesterday was cold and windy. I eventually convinced (I've been trying all Easter) Mr GF to visit his sister in the care home in the afternoon and take her an Easter egg. Afterwards he was really glad he'd been, as he always is. Today I'm taking their brother to do a grory hop when I go to the supermarket. It'll be a harder job to convince him to visit her....bit I can only try. Visiting was greatly improved because she has new hearing aids.

I'm going to try and go back to sleep again now, I think. I can hear the birds chattering away outside already.

Comment

• Morning

It's Bright and sunny here but still frosty met office says no rain till lunchtime hopefully the laundry will be more or less dry by then.

Seedlings are all doing fine i'm just waiting for my parsnips to chit so I can get them sown.

Enjoy your day

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
              Very windy and sunny at the moment after very heavy downpour for most of the night ( yup - I was awake too gf)

No specific plans for today - I’ll just ‘pick from the list’ …never ending is it?

Just about to have another brew…anyone fancy joining me?
              Last edited by Nicos; 12-04-2023, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• Good Morning All Bet that brew is stewed by now Nicos so I'm making coffee but thank you Sunny and windy here. Have a good day All
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
                  Well its dry but just 3 degs this morning.
                  More rain forecast for this afternoon.
                  I think I might walk to the library before the rain starts.
                  Plenty of jobs to be getting on with.
                  Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I've washed the quilted blanket I used for Chester and it's on the line outside. It's blowing but has gone very cloudy so I don't think it will dry. It'll be fun finding somewhere to put it indoors when it rains as I'm sure it will.
                    Anyway, enough waffling, better get on with something. I'll just have another coffee .....

Comment

• Afternoon

Flo it started raining here at 11.30 I’d just got the dry laundry in, hopefully Chester’s blanket didn’t get caught in the rain.
                      I’ve been through a built in bedroom cupboard finding a few items for the charity shop not sure how they got left so long. Anyway that cupboards now sorted.

Soon be afternoon tea time.

Comment

• Good afternoon, Flo drinking stewed tea was a regular thing, when tea was made from a workers tea caddy, it was a double sided container where you put about half tealeaves half sugar into each side, possibly not the healthiest way of drinking tea, but in those days suger wasn't considered a great health risk​​​​​​.
                        Cold wind blowing today with intermittent sunny spells, still testing positive for covid and due to get our booster on Friday, I phoned up about it and was told I can still get the jag, fortunately I have an ample supply of masks, I am also due to give a bible reading on Sunday but think I will need to miss that out, there are too many old folk in the congregation and wouldn't like to pass anything on.
                        Today I have been doing a bit of work on the greenhouse, I broke a pane of glass from the roof several weeks ago, my own fault, I should have waited till my son was avaliable, however I didn't and it happened😕 I replaced it with some polycarbonate but have been getting some water in, I had a spare full sheet of glass I needed a three quarter sheet so decided to remove a side vent and replaced with the full sheet which gave me the3/4sheet so now sorted, I will be going back out to the greenhouse to do some work for a time, some potting on to be done, but mainly I have the fire on and it comfortable enjoy your day and keep a smile on hand, hopefully you will get passing it on
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Just had an amazing hail storm here…great fun watching them bounce off the ground. They didn’t last long - they’ve all melted. It’s knocked off a lot of blossom though
                          Funny thing was that the hens were running around pecking at it off the grass - must have thought it was something edible!
                          And, yup…the sun is now shining…. Guess who forgot to check for a rainbow?

Comment

• I've just heard that Chester is back to normal so that's good news.
                            The blanket is still blowing Bren, we keep having a bit of a shower, but it seems to be drying.
                            Rary I remember my dad taking Camp coffee and condensed milk for the brew to have with his snap. I can't stand the smell of the chicory to this day!

Comment

• My grandad used to take camp coffee, snuff and dripping sandwiches to work.

Comment

• Camp coffee and condensed milk! Two of the very few foods that I can't stomach! Eeeeuuuugggghhhh!!!!

Dripping sandwiches....now you're talking my language.....with a sprinkle of salt.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X