Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GF I used to like dripping on toast, not had it for years.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all

Proper Cumbrian weather here yesterday. Rain, sun, hail, snow and wind.

Otherwise all good.

Still got four Easter eggs to get through. Not very sure what to do with them. The most practical thing would be break them up and combine the bits so they don't take up as much room in my luggage, but that seems sacrilegious...

Have a great day, everyone.
      ​​​​

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
        Very wet here again, but at least the wind has dropped!
        There’s blossom all over the lawns.

Yikes Snoop…what a dilemma! Smashing them is part of the fun though, so I think I’d go with that….then of course you’d have to start by picking out the tiniest, thinnest pieces to eat and work your way up . We ate our last one last night…last year we had Lindt bunnies- which were yummy - but you couldn’t smash those- it would have been cruel

Not sure what today will bring, but the woodfire is lit and we’re having porridge.
        Speaking of which…I used to love the dripping from grilled bacon..mmmm…

I’ve never had camp coffee but apparently the locals used to grind up acorns for ‘coffee’ during the war -( I’ve seen an acorn roaster at a car boot sale here - I asked what the strange deceive was!)

Speaking of strange devices, I spotted my iron the other day!

Glad to hear Chester is OK again Flo…poor lad.

Speaking of poor lads…..Rary…how are you feeling today? Improving I hope x

I best get on with a few domestics…OH is planning a day trip out in the camper ( Funnily enough, where he is suggesting isn’t very far from a sit on mower distributor….I know…..I’m not daft… )

Enjoy your day peeps - I’ve just spotted the smiles heading ‘ooop norf’…your OH is clearly doing a grand job of caring for them Snoop - they sounded like they were up to mischief , or high on sugar…
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All Dull and windy here. Grory hop delivery imminent so catch you later. Have a good day
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning.

Cold and very windy here today. It feels like Winter. I think the sandals might go back into hibernation for a few more weeks. My toes froze yesterday, I was too optimistic.

I got the grory hop done yesterday. The only thing I couldn't get again was Mr GF's favourite yoghurts. I'll have to look elsewhere.

Mr GF got a text from NHS England yesterday to book another covid jab. When I went on the website the venues with parking outside were miles away. I'll wait a week or so. In the past our own surgery has offered better options within a few days. Surely the "*****s" who organise these thing ought to realise that most over 75s have some mobility issues.🤯

Snoop, I'd break up the Easter eggs. There's something special about picking at Easter egg chocolate. Of course you could always lob one over to Yorkshire before you leave.

Must get something done now. Keep warm and dry if you can.

Comment

• Good morning all.
              What a difference a day makes.
              A wet and stormy day yesterday and the sun is shining today.
              We are having some rads replaced to slimmer models today so I am taking myself off to town.

Snoop, breaking up your Easter eggs is the way to go. Makes it look like you have a lot more chocolate.

Nicos enjoy your day out.
              Catch you all later,

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning

We had an early Grory hop then called in a couple of other places so shopping done for the day.

Very windy today and it looks like it'll soon be raining.

Enjoy your day.

Comment

• And we’re back!
                  didn’t take the camper as we set off late…but we have found a sit on mower which fits our needs….I did have a play with it….very strange though as it’s a zero turn mower. Nothing like a traditional sit on mower with a steering wheel!

hope everyone has had a fulfilling day?

just had more hail stones…. I think I preferred last week’s weather, but we certainly needed this rain.

Comment

• I'm back again. At about 10.30am I realised I had nothing tempting for elevenses for Mr GF (I really don't want him to lose weight). At 11.10 his comment was "These buns taste really, really fresh". My answer: "They were in the oven 10 minutes ago". Yes, more blackberry buns! And they were gorgeous.

After looking online at Mr GF's favourite yoghurts, which I couldn't get yesterday, I realised that there was only one supermarket that had them on offer. Morrisons...... which is actually the nearest big supermarket to where I live, but also the one I haven't visited since well before covid.

I won't be visiting again in a hurry either. It just seemed so generally grubby and although there were no long queues at the tills the staff seemed so disinterested and grubby too. The only smart and animated staff were security who were talking to a woman who I presume by the conversation was a shoplifter.

I'll stick with Aldi and Sainsbury's and occasionally Asda.

I need my evening coffee now, and maybe a couple of biscuits and blue cheese.

Comment

• Nicos, what is a zero turn mower???

Comment

• ^^^^ look at the steering on this !

https://www.toro.com/en-gb/product/74687

literally turns on a sixpence which will be perfect for the gardens and field.

Still deciding as it’s more expensive than we wanted to pay even with our other mower part exchanged

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                          ^^^^ look at the steering on this !

https://www.toro.com/en-gb/product/74687

literally turns on a sixpence which will be perfect for the gardens and field.

Still deciding as it’s more expensive than we wanted to pay even with our other mower part exchanged
                          That's a lovely toy! If we had one of those I don't think Mr GF would get a go very often.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                            Grey and sploshy here.
                            Still ruminating about the mower. It doesn’t do collection. Well, it can, but the part is extra and very expensive and the sales guy said it’s very bulky and prone to blocking. That was honest of him at least.
                            Thinking that it’s free mulch for the veggie plots and flower beds….and for the compost heap….
                            We’ve been ruminating for months now, and this is the nearest we’ve got actually trying one out

Absolutely no idea what today will entail. Some domestics no doubt. I fancy baking …those buns sound lovely gf. You are a very bad influence

What's everyone else up to?
                            I’ll pop the kettle on again - Hibou had me up with the birdsong this morning- it’s getting quite early these days isn’t it?

Comment

• Morning

Rain all day here never mind we shopped and gardened yesterday in the dry Today some seed sowing in the GH then domestics.

Enjoy your day.

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday, can't get out of that habit Nice mower Nicos. Drizzly here. Have a good day All
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X