Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the info. Bren, but as I said houses don't really interest me, and if I told OH about them I would get dragged round them, if I happen to be in someone's house OH knows not to ask me what the house is like, as I won't be there to see their house, now if she asks what the garden is like, that's different
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good eveni g all.
      What a beautiful day weathereise.
      The temp got up to 18 degs.
      Aside from going to church and having grandson for lunch I spent the day in the garden
      Hoping for more days like this.
      Have a good night all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning

Some overnight rain but thats it no more due so I'll be in the garden today.

Enjoy your day.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

​​​​​​I enjoyed the trip to Chatsworth, rary, but the gardens are more about the features (cascade, fountain, grotto, maze, Capability Brown parkland and the like) than the plants, it seems to me. What do you reckon, Bren? Is that a fair assessment? I was really looking forward to seeing the kitchen garden. Admittedly it's a bad time of year but apart from some herb fennel, there was nothing kitchen gardeny about it. Plus it was tiny.

Dull here at the moment. Due to meet up for coffee with a friend I haven't seen for thirty years.

Right, better get up and at it. Have a great day everyone.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Woke up to sunshine and frost! I wasn’t expecting the frost.
            Another day in the garden- I’m itching for it to warm up a tad more so I can get outside cos looking lovely out there. Perfect greenhouse gardening weather.

No doubt you’ll have cake with that coffee Snoop ?…not a french thing at all….they dont tend to ‘snack’ between meals . That is definitely one thing I miss. That and cosy pubs.

Funnily enough I’ve invited a couple of friends over this week for a morning coffee. It was their suggestion about the time, as they don’t have time for lunch. I’ve just been planning a couple of cake recipes to serve with it! Hopefully it’ll be warm enough to sit out on the patio but going by today’s temperatures it won’t. We’ll see.

Enjoy your day- whatever you get up to.
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All - just Dull here. Loaded the washing machine but decided not to run it until tomorrow. Hoping for a visit from eldest GG today, to hear all about her new job.
              Have a good day All
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Afternoon

Chatsworth does have some outstanding garden features this time of year they do stand out more than they would in summer time.

I’ve spent the day up till now in the garden but it’s time for tea and some bread and jam.

Comment

• Good evening all.
                  A fine day here but quite breezy.
                  Had a long walk in the park and then had lunch.
                  Spent the afternoon potting on tomatoes and peppers.
                  Off hot now for tea as it's my sons birthday.
                  Have a good evening all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good evening, the day started a bit cloudy and dull but cleared up mid afternoon and finished up a scorcher, 8 windows and doors wide open and the temperature still reached 34c in the greenhouse, because it was dull this morning I washed the house windows, OH still to pay me then took a walk up to the library before making the lunch, I didn't want to start any work as I was supposed to be taking one of the grandsons for an interview at the local college where he hopes to start an apprenticeship as a joiner, getting ready when I got a phone call to let me know the appointment was cancelled, so decided to clean out my compost bin, another mistake it's 2. 5ft. square by 3.5 high and full so once started needed to be completed and working in an area with no breeze nor shade with the sun beating down it really was warm work, however got 2 full barrows of compost from it one of which is covering the seaweed grass mix in the old water butt the other has been spread over the bed in the greenhouse, and now feeling shattered again, I don't understand this I have never felt tired after a day of heavy work in the past, I wonder if I'm not eating the right food or if there is some other reason​​​​​​, ah well that's the job done, till the next time​​​​​​. Enjoy yourself tomorrow hope you get lots of garden work done, but don't overdo it some of you need to remember you age Goodnight
                    Last edited by rary; 17-04-2023, 07:14 PM.
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evenin n’alln’all

Happy burpday Master Bramble - hope you had a great day.

I’ve had a great day in the garden. The main strawberry bed looks a lot better for the attention too.
                      Another flower bed tomorrow….slowly slowly getting there!
                      I cooked some florentines tonight to give to our friends. Only made them once before and couldn’t believe how easy they are! I don’t like candied peel/ fruit so didn’t have any in, so I used sultanas and chopped mango with the almonds instead. They smell good. I’m sooo tempted to taste one but only made six large ones.

I think I’ve caught the sun a bit today- I need to get the suncream out for tomorrow if that’s the case.
                      Enjoy what’s left of the evening peeps. It’s staying lighter much later now isn’t it?

Comment

• We cross posted there Rary. Where on earth do you get all your energy from - even during your Covid recovery!

I’ll send you a couple of those florentines tomorrow with the smiles - they passed overhead quite late this morning…Mr Snoop must be keeping them up late for them to oversleep like that!

Comment

• Goodnight al
                          Yes Nicos, master bramble had a lovely day and we all met up this evening to blow out the candles. 😏
                          Mind you, master bramble was 49 today so quite a lot of blowing to put them all out.

On a more serious note, I posted on here in the past year about skin cancer.
                          I was diagnosed with badil cell cancer on my eyebrow and under my eye.
                          Had it removed and treated with cream.
                          Went back for review this morning and another spot which needs a biopsy.

What I am saying is Take care in the sun.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning

It looks like being another good gardening day here today.

Fingers crossed for you Bramble. xx

Comment

• Morning all.

Well reminded, Bramble. Sorry it comes on the back of a biopsy for you, though. Fingers crossed.

It can take a long time to get over Covid, rary. Don't overdo it! Me, I'd be exhausted after everything you describe, and that without taking Covid into account.

On the cards for today: a bit of mooching round the Vine to catch up and a bit of mooching round the veg patch while trying not to panic at the state of the weeds and how leggy my seedlings are, plus the usual paid work.

Not sure where the smiles are today, Nicos. I got up a bit late, so they were long gone. Hope they've been doing the usual rounds, even if sometimes earlier or later than usual.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning.

I need to do a grory hop next. The fridge is looking decidedly bare. I've also promised to look at a friend's computer today or tomorrow. I'm not sure what he's done to it but it is evidently not behaving.

It's rather breezy here and my towels are dancing on the washing line.

Rary, take things easy....let your body recover.....it takes longer as you get older

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X