This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening all.

Thanks for the reminder about the Bank Holiday Nicos. Because our bins are emptied on a Monday, the collection gets moved to the Saturday before when it's a BH, so I must remember to put out the bin early tomorrow. For some reason I had thought that the BH had been moved to next Friday, to make the Coronation weekend a long one, as Monday 8th is also an extra BH.

Have a good weekend all
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good evening,intended having a long lie but woke up at six and couldn't get back to sleep so decided to get up, but still have a lazy day, first thing was out to check greenhouse was OK as I didn't cover my plants with flecce last night, fortunately everything is OK and lowest temperature was+7°c and it was raining so didn't need to water any plants, same forecast for tonight so again not covering the plants, anyway as said plants OK so had breakfast, and a read of a magazine, so taking life at a leasurly pace and waiting for OH to get out of bed, once she was up I hoovered the carpet and tided up the table, this I'd where I sit and read and do some work on the computer etc. in other words if it's in a mess it's mine, it's the first thing you see when coming out the bedroom, I could have tided it up before OH got out of bed, but then she wouldn't have seen me doing it​​​​​​, once OH had her breakfast she asked what we were going to be doing today and of course I said whatever you want, knowing she would want to go to Kilmarnock for lunch at the GC, which suited me fine as I wanted to see the price of some small rhododendrons, as I intend replacing a couple of dead hydrangeas with the rhodies, but not at £30 a time, once back home I have spent the rest of the day in the greenhouse potting on some plants, now going to have a read of a book before going to bed, so hope every one has a good weekend and you all enjoy your gardens. Goodnight
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all.

Lovely to read your post, rary. What a nice day. I should do that more often, just get up and at the day, rather than lying there and getting nothing done. Would you consider growing rhododendrons from cuttings? Or would that take too long?

Bright here at the moment. But hallelujah: a whole 4 litres of rain per square metre forecast for later on. One lot says this afternoon, another lot this evening. Fingers crossed it's this evening (if it does rain). That way it'll sink a bit further into the ground. Mind you, 4 litres won't go far but better than nothing. I am rather counting my chickens before they're hatched, though. The last time we were forecast rain, the clouds just passed overhead.

On the agenda for today, a bit of weeding round the fruit trees we put in last year that have survived and then on with the paid work.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

The weathers fine here just now, toms, cucs and courgettes are in the GH for the day and cold frames opened, not risking hanging out laundry though.

Planning on planting out my sweet peas the rest of still rather soggy from the rain.

Enjoy your day.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
            a mild morning but slightly cloudy.
            Nothing on the cards but I have a lot of flowers to prick out.
            Some weeding as usual, how fast they grow.

Snoop, hope you get that rain that's forecast.
            Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny here and feels mild. Fingers crossed for rain for you Snoop.
              Nothing planned today, apart from making some cheesy sausage rolls.
              Son in Law is bringing a tablet for Himself to play with. He's terrified!
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• morning all.

Dull miserable with intermittent rain ... the weathers not much better either week 3 of house renovations Bathroom finished and the kitchen started Click image for larger version

Name:	kitchen.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	2561743 ... New shed arriving Wednesday so at least that will give me something to do! this was before they drilled holes in the ceiling for all the spot lights and extra cabling
                ntg
                Never be afraid to try something new.
                Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                ==================================================

Comment

• It's a nightmare isn't it Nick? I wish I had a pound for every time someone told me it would soon be over, or that it's all worth it in the end. I made a point of not saying these things to my GG. Her rewiring, kitchen and utility room are just about complete today after a few months. Her biggest miss was the kitchen sink! Hope it all goes well for you
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all

We decided to take the camper out overnight yesterday afternoon. We have a favourite spot about half an hour away which is really quiet midweek and out of holiday season.
                    Just us, an egret, owls , a barking deer and the sound of the gently flowing river. As usual , I woke up waaay too early but it was lovely just to lie there listening to the river and then dawn chorus as the sun rose.
                    Back home now and feeling mentally very refreshed.

hope all your work is straightforward NTG…exciting times!
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good afternoon, a late start for me this morning I woke up at seven and thought I would lie a little bit longer, next thing I knew it was 8.45, even OH was up before me, after breakfast I went up to the library before starting any work in the greenhouse, once back home I was out to the greenhouse and started potting on some young flower plants, just finished my lunch just now, and giving it time to settle before going out again as I have quite a number to pot on.
                      Snoop at my age I might not have the time to wait for cuttings to mature, most folk in their fifties want instant plants and colour, and I suppose I am no different I will check some of the large stores as they sometimes have rhodies on sale, and of course being married I have learned to be patient, so no rush. Enjoy your day Folks and if this is a holiday weekend for you I hope the weather is good, whither that's for sun or rain
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Afternoon

I’ve been in the garden pottering I’m now ready for afternoon tea and cake.
                        Not achieved much probably only a can tell, walking back in I did notice more dandelions in flower on the lawn. Will do those next.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Have you thought of azaleas Rary? Any reason you prefer rhododendrons? Do they tend to be hardier?

Mower update…
                          OH has just mowed our lawns again as it’s due to rain for the next few days and it’s already grown a lot.
                          Less than one hour to do everything. It used to take him 4 hrs by petrol push mower….me? 7 hrs over 2 days. Every 5 days This is a game changer for us.

Here’s a bit of a moment for me to share with you…. Our neighbour has also bought a sit on mower as his previous one spent more time in the repair shop. He needed something different from ours otherwise we’d have shared one.
                          Anyway, his is a super duper second hand one but he couldn’t get it to work for more than 10 minutes. Private sale - no comeback….very very upset , particularly when an over the phone diagnosis informed him a replacement hydraulic part would set him back about 4,000€
                          Anyway , a friend of his has fiddled and fiddled with it and couldn’t come up with a diagnosis and it kept on cutting out on him too. But he worked out what was happening….when the collection box is full it stops to prevent blocking. Simple as that. Well, there ya go…
                          Modern technology for you! Someone's going to sleep better tonight!
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Nicos azaleas would do as well, after all they are from the same family but would prefer an evergreen and they are not as readily available.
                            Just to add OH could be making a big mistake, getting the grass cut so quickly, once he starts getting a list of other small jobs to do from you, he will realise that, tell him to pm me and I will supply a list of reasons to give you on why he can't do them strait away 😁😁

Comment

• Good evening all.
                              A lovely afternoon spent pott8ng on my flower seedlings
                              Marigold, Calendula, Lupins and Cosmos.
                              Emptied lots of pots with old geraniums in.
                              Planted all the geraniums in 9ne big tub.
                              Lots more to do but a heavy shower stopped me working.

Nicos, just good to show, patience and the prohibitive cost can solve a lot of problems.

Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Well, it did rain. Briefly. Won't do anything but the weed seeds much good there was so little of it. But still, the thought was there.

On the cards for today: bit more weeding, bit more paid work. Will also sow some sweetcorn today in the hope more rain comes. Also want some herbs I can't readily buy in the shops here. Fingers crossed we do get more rain. If we do, I can always buy plug plants.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X