Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just taken delivery of the Grory hop. I still can't get over the rising prices. The sneaky salad has definitely to have less mayo added!
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning, Lovely and sunny but it’s blowing a hoolie! Only thing on the calendar today is a hospital visit to pick up medication, I’m assuming bloods were ok on Tuesday as I’ve not had a call to say otherwise. Maybe go for a coffee afterwards and as rary has put it in my mind, a fruit scone too! Jam and cream sounds good to me!
      Enjoy the rest of your day folks, catch you
      Last edited by Jay22; 04-05-2023, 12:15 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon a nice breeze sunny day, was at the church coffee morning, now just sitting with a cup of tea, just thinking on one of life's unanswered questions, I have looked through the works of the great philosophers and thinkers, such as Hawkins, Einstein, Darwin, Newton even as far back as Aristotle, Plato and Socrates. But can't find an answer.
        How can someone who is smaller, lighter and with a lot less phisical strength, get most of the bed covers overnight???
        I have tried when making the bed, having more of the cover on my side, I have tried tucking the cover under the mattress, I have been in bed before her, I have went to bed once she was sound asleep and gently pulled the cover over to my side yet always the bulk of the covers finish up on OHs side🤔 Ah, I think I just have to accept its one of life's unsolvable misteryies
        Last edited by rary; 04-05-2023, 12:26 PM.
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
          Just taken delivery of the Grory hop. I still can't get over the rising prices. The sneaky salad has definitely to have less mayo added!
          I know what you mean about rising prices. When I did the grory hop on Tuesday I thought I'd got off lightly this week but then the "bits and bobs" that I bought in Sainsbury's yesterday came to nearly as much again . And then I called into the frozen food shop today especially for double raspberry Magnums as Mr GF realised that there was only one in the freezer. All in all an expensive week.

I also called at the doctor's surgery while I was out to add my mobile number to my brother-in-law's notes so that he can have texts and reminders sent to me. I take him to the appointments anyway and he hasn't got a smartphone due to his lack of vision. That, amazingly, took about 2 minutes. No queue and an efficient receptionist.

Mr GF had his covid booster yesterday and hasn't even moaned about an aching arm yet and believe me he can moan for England.

Comment

• Apples and carrots?…darn - I didn’t buy either of those sorry, otherwise I ‘d have shared mine with you.

But….we did have an impulse purchase - three point of lay chooks!
            Couldn’t resist!…we were down to six but with only four laying realised it’d be good to have a couple more. So we ended up with three more They are just in quarantine for a couple of days but I’ll try and take a photo of them. All russet brown coloured but subtly different from each other.
            I knew we’d impulse purchase something!

Oh…and a couple of kilos of mussels just jumped into the shopping bag! Hard to resist…along with a nice bottle of muscadet wine to go with them ….and why not?

As forecast, we had rain, so yes indeed , we got the new mower at the perfect time Snoop! I know it’s no mow May but our grass is just too lush and fast growing to leave it all - so we leave large patches uncut through until the autumn. Last year we found a hare hiding in the long grass - it reaches shoulder height ( the grass not the hare!)
            Anyone else leaving wildlife/flower patches?
            Last edited by Nicos; 04-05-2023, 01:27 PM.
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
              How can someone who is smaller, lighter and with a lot less phisical strength, get most of the bed covers overnight???
              Ah, I think I just have to accept its one of life's unsolvable misteryies
              Rary they always say ‘one good turn gets you all the blankets’

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Afternoon

Three good impulse buys Nicos the only thing I bought not on the Grory hop list was Sweet Potatoes.

Comment

• I bought three of those!…. And yes, they were on my list!
                  Last edited by Nicos; 04-05-2023, 02:48 PM.
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good evening all.
                    No impulse buys here but an unexpected expense.
                    Yesterday when I turned off the shower it kept dripping.
                    We called the plumber and he arrived this morning.
                    We thought it was a worn washer but turns out we had to buy a new shower.
                    We are now €350 euros lighter so no treats this week.
                    This plumber is our neighbours son so he did the job at cost price.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Sympathy like there bramble. Our bath tap is dripping but our plumber, for some reason, doesn’t know how to fix it.
                      Last edited by Jay22; 04-05-2023, 05:45 PM. Reason: Spelling oops
                      sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Hope you enjoy your new shower, bramble, despite the expense.

Bright again, seedlings slept outside again.

Jobs today: bit of paid work, bit of kitchen clearance (in readiness for building work) and then bramble clearance (edited to make it clear I'm talking blackberry bramble clearance, not you, bramble), so I can get to the well to inspect the water level. Fingers crossed.

Better get on with things. Mr Snoop has already washed up, walked the dogs and made me coffee and I've got nothing to show for the morning so far.

Have a great day, everyone.
                        Last edited by Snoop Puss; 05-05-2023, 08:01 AM.

Comment

• Good morning.

Although the weather is dismal I actually slept well and have decided I'm going to make some of this today.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	20230505_092337.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	2561986 Click image for larger version

Name:	20230505_092416.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	2561985

My sister has made it 3 times now, raves about it and says her partner loves it so much he just eats it out of the jar and then drinks the liquid...so I've got everything I need...I'll find my mandolin, something Mr gadget lover bought of course, and give it a go.

Comment

• Morning

My mornings going fast as well Snoop we had a visitor call round. Plenty of overnight rain so that s saved me watering the seedlings, and newly planted peas.

Enjoy your day.

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday
                              My mother always kept what she called "Poor Man's Pickle" ( cucumber and onion in vinegar) on the shelves of the 'cellar head'. That sounds more sophisticated GF and far less smelly. If we went down for a shovel of coal without shutting the door, the whole house smelt of it!
                              Victoria Sandwich cakes today so better get on.
                              Have a good day All
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morni g all.

We had our share of rain overnight so no watering needed today.

Snoop, point taken, you're too nice to get rid of me.

a variety of jobs to fill the day so I wont be bored.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...