Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snoop, I really hope it's not too bad and doesn't last too long. Look after yourselves and put yourselves first until you start to feel better.

Comment

• Good evening all.
      Lovely to see you back Lottie, sorry about your holiday and hope himself gets back to good health soon.

Snoop, Take good care of yourself, we want you back soon as possible.

Flo, shrubs and prrrinials are the way to gol. I am noticing my garden is quite high maintenance so I need to change some things as well.

Rary, you must have the shiniest windows, you always seem to be washing them.

I got all my dahlias planted out this afternoon, I now have aching knees.
      It's no fun getting old.
      Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Yes, Flo. An instant positive! Good excuse to go back to bed I think.
        Snoop I would recommend making a whisky toddy, that's hot lemonade with honey or sugar added then add some whisky, drink while it's warm to hot, that's what I had when I had covid, don't know if it helped but it did allow me to have, a whisky without OH making a comment 😁 after all it was for medicinal purposes 😏

Take care and don't try rushing it, a week after I tested clear, I ran out of energy going up a hill, it was that bad I thought I was getting old, fortunately I have recovered and now feel fine, and of course realise I have a time to go before I am old
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evening

Take care Snoop xx I found everything was so much harder with Covid even something like going up stairs.

Flo would growing veg in buckets/pots work for you?
          I still grow my lettuce, most herbs, dwarf runners and carrots in buckets.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• evening all,thank you for the welcome home,oh dear Snoop,hope you get better soon,as others have said,just chillout and rest,OH feeling it today,it is very early days yet,i miss my car,had to walk to the shops this afternoon,no fun when its hot,but needs must,am all fed and watered,and stocked up again,hoping for a good nights sleep,then garden in the morning,it just takes me longer these days,when the chicken coop and run are took away,i will have a better space for shrubs,more flowers and a lawn,it all takes time,have a good night all,is time for a total chill out
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
              Evening

Flo would growing veg in buckets/pots work for you?
              I still grow my lettuce, most herbs, dwarf runners and carrots in buckets.
              That's where I started Bren and I might have to, considering how many packets of veg seeds I've got!
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                Thanks, guys.

We imagine we caught it from Mr Snoop's friend who came to visit not this weekend just gone but the one before. Been phoning round possible contacts that we might have passed it on to.
                You have my sympathy I finally caught it at Christmas and took me ages to get over it and still feel rough some days,
                ntg
                Never be afraid to try something new.
                Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                ==================================================

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post

That's where I started Bren and I might have to, considering how many packets of veg seeds I've got!
                  The pound shop is a good source of cheap tubs to get you off and startedand you can replace with better quality tubs and pots as and when. Climbing French beans work well in tubs as well (Cobra is the one I now grow used to be Blue Lake)
                  Last edited by nick the grief; 22-05-2023, 09:08 PM.
                  ntg
                  Never be afraid to try something new.
                  Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                  A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                  ==================================================

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
                    Rary, you must have the shiniest windows, you always seem to be washing them.
                    bramble, I am forever telling OH that she has an obsession with clean windows, I'm not sure whither it so she can always look out and see me, 🤔 or look out and keep an eye on me🙄
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post

Me too, even after filling in a pond to make more growing space I still find that growing lettuce in buckets works out better for me the slugs don't seem to eat it before I do.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                        Thinking of you Snoop xx

Ironing this morning - tis dull outside so I don’t mind . Gardening later for sure.
                        Talking of tubs- that reminds me- we need more potting compost for my tubs!

Just finished my brew so I need to crack on…
                        enjoy your day peeps
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

Got up, told all my clients about the Covid and will probably go back to bed very soon. Best place for me.

More rain has been forecast, supposedly storms all day. Not looking very likely, though. It's very sunny and no rain clouds anywhere to be seen.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning all.

Hope you soon feel well again, Snoop. Rest and sunshine are the best comforts (plus a painkiller for the throbbing head), so take it easy. Is Mr Snoop poorly too?

The window cleaner has been this morning, so I can see how dirty the insides of the windows are now. So cleaning them will be another job for today, before it gets sunny.
                            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good Morning All
                              Haircut this afternoon, so just pottering about this morning and I must make sure they don't take away my pots and tubs, which I'm sure I'll need.
                              I'm sure I remember you filling in the pond Bren! I think it was at the same time as me pinching lawn for raised beds., or maybe we discussed the similarity? It's hard to remember - we've been chatting for 15 years
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
                                Bright and breezy, sun is shining and the laundry is out.
                                Off to my line dancing this morning and gardening g this afternoon.
                                Look after yourself Snoop, plenty of rest and pain killers.
                                Have a good day all.

Flo, I dont if you have a Mr Price shop, but they do a high selection on inexpensive garden tubs and containers.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X