X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon. I am happy to say that I have got lollies in the freezer

Comment

• Something happened there! On the subject of ice cream lollies, our new favourites are Soleros. By rights they shouldn't be as I'm not overly fond of the individual fresh fruits but they are gorgeous (and 3 packs of 3 for £5).
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20230610_134446.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	312.1 KB
ID:	2563781
      I made more blackberry buns this morning. I'm going to make pastry next for a quiche.

Comment

• Evening

Well the promised rain didn’t arrive they altered the forecast twice. Will see if tomorrows arrives.

So was wondering did anyone have rain today?

have a good evening.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• ^^^^ bucket loads here Bren ….it’s finally stopped raining. Sorry to have seemingly hogged it all?
          Rivers of water pouring down our road!
          Just the pots needing watering tonight….
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

Another hot one today bread baking this morning not to sure after that.

enjoy your day.

Comment

• Good Morning Bren and All. No rain here either. Have a lovely Sunday
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Heavy rain and thunder through the night, filled a 200lt. butt so eases the water problem a bit, a friend dropped off some horse manure so will get it into a large tub and plant courgettes into it. Now going to get ready for church so en​​​​​​joy your day and smile
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• It did briefly rain here, but came to nothing, none forecast for us for a week.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

It rained all night here!…stopped about 1/2hr ago.
                    All Vide Greniers will have been cancelled - including our tiny little village one. There are always loads of plants up for grabs , so that’s a shame. Next weekend maybe.
                    I might just grit my teeth and start on the ironing…there a good 8 hrs worth of bedding…(for others of course!) can anyone recommend a couple of light hearted films worth watching? I’ll do my best to smile Rary, but maybe once it’s all done and dusted!

Best crack on then……
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon all. Checking in from Cumbria, where it's absolutely sweltering. There was an attempt at a storm last night but nowhere near enough to cool the house down. Probably just as well for the farmers out the back who have already started cutting hay.
                      Hope you're all doing well.

Comment

• Afternoon

It’s really hot as well Snoop just now I’m indoors avoiding the hot kitchen the house does have that lovely bread smell though

Pity about missing out on the Vide Greniers Nicos better luck next week.

Burnie it looks like most of us are missing out on a good downpour.
                        Last edited by Bren In Pots; 11-06-2023, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• Good afternoon all,we had some rain yesterday tea time,i did hear a very faint rumble from afar,the wind got up and it went really dark,this morning is hot again,storms still on the menu,going hospital visiting in a bit,
                          Glad you had a good holiday Nicos,but all that ironing this heat,Snoop take care of yourself,last night i had the cold bottle next to me,it helped a bit,if only we could save some of this for the winter time,
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• It's gone quite dark and the rain is now steadily coming down, don't want a sudden deluge as that will just run off the hard ground, what with wild fires and drought levels in the rivers and lochs, we need this to last for a good few hours. Picked some more peas from the greenhouse and noticed the first Sweet Peas also flowering under glass, I reckon around a month sooner than those outside in the garden.

Comment

• Burnie I’d never thought of sowing either peas in the GH so that’s something to think about for next year.
                              Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                                Burnie I’d never thought of sowing either peas in the GH so that’s something to think about for next year.
                                Thanks.
                                If you have a look at the video clips I posted in the "top tips" section, you can see what I've been up to and why, because our weather is very unreliable up here, I have been experimenting, to get an earlier crop, I grow peas, carrots radish, lettuce, french beans and even flowers under glass. I also grow my Sweetcorn under glass as we can get early frosts, it seems to work. If you remember when I first got the greenhouse I remarked how big it was, well it's not big enough lol, with plants in the ground and pots of peppers and chillies squeezed in between, I don't need to put a mulch down, you can't see the soil!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X