Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good afternoon, warm and sunny today, have been out in the garden most of the day but getting a bit warm just now so stopped for a breather, large cloud formations over to the east of here so a possibility of thunder if they come this way, Bren I used the last of my cabbages that I had grown over winter in the greenhouse yesterday, it was tasty and clean with no slug damage whatsoever, but doubt if I will grow them again unless I can get some garunteed to remain small, which i think would mean going for an F1 variety which I am trying to avoid, but will see what turns up in the next couple of months, right that's the rest over time to get back out
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Just a quicky for Nicos, if you are near a lidls at any time get their choc ices, I think they are the tastiest ones to buy, not only tasty but cheapest as well, not that that's important
      Last edited by rary; 12-06-2023, 01:52 PM.
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good afternoon all,wow Nicos,well done you,it should have been us that left a cuppa for you,you did not have long asleep either,choir went well,seems like i am the only one doing a vauluntary solo,the other person backed out ,got up about 6 45,sat in the chair with a drink,next i knew,2 hours gone.drink cold,and only half an our to get out the door,but i made it,must have gone into a deep sleep,i was dreaming,i was all over the place,visiting the other half later on,just waiting for the discharge teem to get to work,then he be home with help,plus me,have a good afternoon,
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon

We’ve had rain it lasted 7 minutes ​​​​​​ just enough to leave spots on the GH roof.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Very humid here now. I finished my book, alternating between the garden and the kitchen when it got too hot for the Kindle. I've got a fountain in the bird bath and it's been lovely watching the birds come for a shower
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
              Just a quicky for Nicos, if you are near a lidls at any time get their choc ices, I think they are the tastiest ones to buy, not only tasty but cheapest as well, not that that's important
              Ta muchly fir the heads up!…I’m thinking of heading over that way tomorrow as the ups are selling electric whisks at a very decent price. I best take my freezer bag with me ….

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Evening

Finally we’ve had rain along with hail and thunder for the last hour and a half, the garden’s had a good soaking. Everything looks fresh so I’m happy now.

Comment

• Ha lottie!….and I’ve not even picked up the iron yet…I’m just dreading the thought of starting the ironing!
                  In fact, the mouse damage was much worse than I thought - they have managed to get into a store area and peed and pood everywhere…total yuk! So I’ve been in there sorting out what needed washing, and have used two tins of Dettol spraying everything. Things which can be saved have been sprayed and washed and hung out to dry. Thank goodness for Dettol and Vanish.
                  Needless to say the washing machine has been going all day again.

And yes- typically it was a perfect day for weeding - nice wet soil to pull out those weeds. They’re not going anywhere I know, but it’s been too nice to be stuck indoors!
                  Still not finished cleaning up , but I’m well into sorting it all. I’ve found things I’d forgotten I’d got! Very happy about that!

I did manage to do a bit of gardening…well - picking strawberries! Yum!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                    Evening

Finally we’ve had rain along with hail and thunder for the last hour and a half, the garden’s had a good soaking. Everything looks fresh so I’m happy now.
                    About time eh? Bet it smells lovely out there now too!

Comment

• Last summer I made a lot of ice lollies using produce from the garden, Strawberry with slices of fruit in them were good, Black current from a coolie was really nice and surprisingly Stewed Gooseberry wasn't too bad either. I have an ice cream making machine, but haven't used it for a while, on a diet..................

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                        stupidly early I know Just making a brew - anyone awake enough to share a teabag?
                        OH is already in the garden…beating the heat and planting out some tiny celeriac and celery plants he impulse bought yesterday whilst out buying hen food.
                        We’ve never succeeded with them before as I think we didn’t water them enough . Seems like a bit of a bonkers choice but hey- why not….let’s just hope we don’t have the ultra dry summer again which is forecast forever the optimist!

Strawberries and yog for breakfast - plenty to spare and share! Yum

More of the same for me today. The washing machine is already working away…This is clearly mouse revenge for all the mice Hibou has eaten over the years

Enjoy your day peeps - we had more rain in the night so I might just give myself an hour or so pulling up weeds from the gravel
                        drive whilst they tug up easily.

Comment

• Morning all.

Too hot to stay in bed so I'm just pottering around. I've opened all the windows to let some of the heat out, there's no breeze to stir the air outside and not a cloud in the sky. Had a thunderstorm again yesterday evening, but not enough rain to even half fill the water butt.

Celery does need a lot of water, Nicos. I've currently got the remains of some shop bought celery happily rooting and growing new stems in a jar of water in the kitchen. Just an experiment, I don't think it will be fit to eat, but it may flower!
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning

Yesterdays evening rain bought out the hedgehog he/she was wondering around for a while hopefully munching slugs. The windows have been open for a while here as well MH even without a breeze it does make the house feel cooler.
                            Nicos I've never had much luck with celery this year I'm trying cutting celery to use in soups and salads.

Enjoy your day

Last edited by Bren In Pots; 13-06-2023, 07:40 AM.

Comment

• Good morning.

I've been awake since 5am again. It's going to be another hot one, it's already 21°C. No rain at all in the forecast which going by the accuracy of the recent ones probably means we'll get a deluge.

I need to do a grory hop today as the fridge looks very empty. I'll ring my brother in law shortly and see if he wants to go.

I once grew "proper" trench celery. I mollycoddled it and cared for it, wrapping it in paper and earthing it up. I gave it lots of water. It looked amazing. When I decided to dig some up I had high expectations. Every stick on every plant (a 15 foot trench) was slugged to death!! I gave up then. Some things are just not meant to be.

Comment

• Good Morning All Another hot one! Have a good day
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X