Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rary that does sound painful, take care.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Rary, I hope that you heal quickly.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Oh boy Rary- that doesn’t sound good Hope it heals quickly x
        Thank goodness your surgery was open !

After that, my day is going to seem quite boring!
        We have 10 cubic metres of wood being delivered this morning . We have plenty of room for it just to be tipped out- we’ll stack it another time when we have another cooler spell.
        Then it’s a wind stop trip to IKEA to get more storage boxes for our small attic room. I’m just sorting out what sizes to get for maximum storage as it’s a funny shape ( sloping roof). I’ve bought them from several places in the past and they’re all different sizes and don’t stack very well.Lesson learned.

My ironing pile is now down to one double duvet !…yippee…just couldn’t quite finish it all yesterday .
        I can hear the kettle calling- anyone fancy a brew? All Bran strawberry’s and yog for breakfast ….
        Enjoy your day peeps. And Rary - rest up today mate - let it heal some more x
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

Hope you don't feel too sore today Rary.

Just finished my strawberries, pinhead oatmeal with yoghurt thanks though Nicos, they were the first of the strawbs very tasty I even shared them

We're dog sitting for a few days it makes a nice change

enjoy your day.

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday
            Hope you're healing rary.
            Enjoy the dog Bren, we enjoyed having Frank yesterday.
            Well done with the ironing Nicos!
            Have a good day All
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all

Had a whirlwind visit to IKEA to buy storage boxes- got everything I wanted but am feeling pretty guilty about buying plastic ones - with lids , but I can’t think of anything which would keep mice out.
              We found where they had got in….where the central heating pipes came out of the wall they had nibbled away the plaster. It’s now packed with soapy Brillo pads and and cement, so that should make it rat proof too!
              I’m never wanting to have to do such a massive cleanup again. The tiny storeroom was stuffed to the brim with things we will need at some point so they’d gone undisturbed for years.
              We now have a very decent pile of things which hadn’t been damaged intended for charity.
              It was quite a lovely little treasure trove of things we are now going to wear and use to replace ‘stuff’ we don’t use anymore. I’m feeling happy. And once everything is packed away and everything back to how it should be, then I’ll be happier still!

About an hour ago I sat down for a brew and suddenly felt rather strange ( I suppose I am getting a bit older these days -according to Rary anyway). Turns out to have been a 4.9 earthquake!!!!
              Did you feel it too gf?(about 6.30 French time)

so on that exciting note I’ll start filling some of those storage boxes - there’s a thunderstorm brewing and gentle rumbles in the distance….fingers crossed we get rain.

Comment

• Evening

Fingers crossed that’s the end of your to mice Nicos.

We’ve had them in twice one was in a new build just it just walked across the room and ran upstairs. They got in this house through an air vent into the electric cupboard.
                I think we’ve got everywhere blocked now.

enjoy your evening.

Comment

• Good evening another lovely day, in the greenhouse at 6.15 this morning and the overnight temp. was15c, actual temp at that time was 19c, watered the plants then went up to sons house to see to the boys getting to school. OH wanted to do a bit of shopping, to get some stuff for making up sandwiches as its our oldest grandson's birthday on Sunday, but I got the feeling it was more like to keep me out the garden🤔 anyway got some stuff and was just back home when we got a phone call from school requesting that I bring some medication for youngest grandson as his hay-fever was bad, but when I got to school and had a look at him I decided to bring him home, as his eyes looked quite sore and I felt he would be better in the house and resting, so he was happy and OH was happy as I had to attend to him and keep him entertained, he finished up going through a pile of coins that I have, 20ps, 50ps and £2coins, he cross-referenced them with a site on his phone, I heard him say this is worth this amount and that's worth that amount and OH saying where did he get all that money, as your papa always says he has no money, guess who kept out the garden and made cups of tea and coffee to try and keep someone happy so that she would forget to ask how much I have saved with all those coins, no doubt the question will be asked, but I now have time to think of an answer ​​​​​​
                  Strangely enough Nicos OH said she felt as if the earth had moved, but that was last night😊 then she realised it was just me turning in bed while trying to avoid hitting my foot off anything😕. Have a good weekend and keep smiling
                  Last edited by rary; 16-06-2023, 07:55 PM.
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Just wondering how your foot is today Rary- have you got a massive bruise?

Comment

• Morning

I've done some early watering of containers next a dog walk not to sure after that. Rary we still have a big Marmite jar full of 2p's that out grandkids used to love counting.

enjoy your day

Comment

• Lollie pop update, whilst waiting for fruit to ripen I made some using a sugar free Ginger cordial from Belvoir, superb, one of my favourites, the lime juice ones are less impressive.

Comment

• Good morning.

No earthquakes here yesterday. I have felt a few in my life, only little ones though, and all but one in the USA. It's amazing that even the first time I knew exactly what it was immediately.

On the subject of coins I once sort of inherited some mosquito nets that had loads of low denomination coins sewn into the hems.

It's actually cloudy here today but still very warm. We've evidently got an 89% chance of rain here tomorrow. 😳

Comment

• Good Morning All Cloudy and hot here too.
                            I've got a huge bell jar half full of coppers that we move from room to room - it even went into storage when we had to empty the house!
                            Have a good day
                            ​​​

Comment

• Good morning, cloudy but warm here also, as my foot is still a bit sore I don't intend doing much today, but when I told OH I was going out to water my plants I was told to be careful out there, I'm surprised she didn't ask me to put on heavy gauge boots and reinforced trousers along with a chain link jacket🙄 however once I had my garden attended to, without mishap I was asked to give the windows a clean, evedently clean windows are more important than the possibility of me cutting myself on broken glass, I am now going to collect some nettles to make a feed, after that I will see what other trouble I can get into I hope you all have a good day and keep safe
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Prevening Been cloudy all day and now the sun has come out! Hope you have a lovely evening

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X