This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning

Rain due here later hopefully it will top up my water butts. All the best with your interview Snoop here in the UK we now need photo id to vote and that did caused some confusion.

Fingers crossed you get your cheese order sorted GF not good at all.

enjoy your day.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Dull but very warm here. I arranged for Royal Mail to pick up a parcel on the 14th, still waiting and in the middle of negotiations. Now they're telling me that they don't think I am who I say I am. Ridiculous
      Have a good day

​​​​​​
      ​​​​
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
        Dull and very breezy here.
        I need to go to the post office and then to the library to return some books.

My sister lives in London and I hear her complaining constantly about the royal mail.

Bren, thanks for the offer of the plant pot, good idea. 😃

Grenishfing, Hope your cheese arrives before it's too late.

Thank you for the compliment Snoop.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Change of plan - OH needs the car cos he wants to use the trailer. We do have the camper but I decided to make jam instead.
          so- get your sliced bread/ toast ready , you have a choice of strawberry or mixed garden berry jam…. Kettles on too…..

Hadn’t realised there’s such a problem with the Royal Mail…are they understaffed or something?
          Hope everyone has a great day.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
            Good Morning All Dull but very warm here. I arranged for Royal Mail to pick up a parcel on the 14th, still waiting and in the middle of negotiations. Now they're telling me that they don't think I am who I say I am. Ridiculous
            Have a good day

​​​​​​
            ​​​​
            Would you believe the black hole in question where everything has ground to a halt is in ..... Sheffield.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	20230628_105855.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	2564564
            It has evidently been there for over 24 hrs now.

Comment

• Get in there Flo and give then what’s what lass
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I'll hijack the postman

Comment

• Afternoon

Just arrived home from a walk and now it’s raining ​​​​​​ we timed it right for a change. I’m hoping it’s going to give the garden a good soaking.

Hope those who need rain are getting a share.

Comment

• It was really dark here until a few minutes ago Bren and I was waiting for the deluge, but the sun's come out again!

Comment

• Flo it's just stopped raining here so the garden did get that soaking it needed.

Comment

• Good evening all.
                        It was dull but we got no rain had my grandson for the evening.
                        We brought him some toys from the holidays and he played away until his dad collected him.
                        Not got anything done in the garden other than watering plants in the greenhouse.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Am sitting down in my cool basement office with my feet well up off the ground. We have a new resident. A metre-long ladder snake. It's gone behind a big dresser we have. No chance of catching it, so it'll just have to find its own way out. Not venomous, but I'll be keeping my socks and slippers on just in case it thinks my toes are edible. Definitely no flip-flops for me for a bit.

Much cooler last night (low last night of 17 ºC), thank goodness. Even the smiles have been a bit tetchy recently. But we all had a good sleep and have woken up in better moods. Aided by the fact that we put up the mozzie net last night. The mozzies this year are horrendous. The whopperest ones I've ever seen. Thunderstorm forecast for this afternoon. Fingers crossed no hail.

Right, better get on with the usual pile of work.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

A dry day here but after yesterdays rain the garden looks better already. Good luck with your snake Snoop just wondering do the dogs bother it ?

Grory hop for me today, the list doesn't look very long this time keep thinking I must be missing of something.

Enjoy your day

Comment

• Good Morning All We had some rain yesterday evening, it's hot and sunny now. Hope the snake finds its way out soon Snoop! Waiting for Grory hop delivery. Have a good day

Comment

• Good morning.

I'm in a better mood today. I rang Royal Mail yesterday morning and got very little joy. A very apologetic woman, with a strong foreign accent who I had to ask to repeat what she'd said, and incapable of being helpful in any useful way. All she could tell me was that my parcel was in Sheffield, which I knew. She couldn't tell me why it was still there or when it was getting delivered. POINTLESS! When she eventually said "Well if it hasn't arrived by the 6th of June you can claim compensation" I pointed out that they would surely find it before then by the smell. A couple of hours later it was delivered! My sister put it straight in the fridge so I've no idea of the condition of it yet.

The sun has reappeared today after a couple of days in hiding so the washer is clanking away merrily

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X