Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good afternoon and so lovely to see you back here Jay.
    What a treat for you and Nicos, granddaughters are such a gift.
    Like Flo, my two are grown up now but still an absolute delight.
    Enjoy them because the time flies by.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Hope you find a new job soon, Carrie. Are there any botanical gardens or houses open to the public with gardens near you where you could volunteer, just to keep your fingers in the soil?

Did a fair bit of tidying up on my small patch this morning. I had a big patch of cornflowers that had gone to seed, and much as I enjoy seeing the goldfinches feasting on them early in the morning, they had got mildewed and very scruffy looking, so needed to come out. They've just about filled my dalek so I'll have to wait for it to rot down a bit before tackling the sweet rocket, cranesbill, and foxgloves that have finished flowering.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• I was all excited about seeing the full moon tonight - only to find out that it’s not until the 4th
        Typically, it’s cloudy
        Oh well

Its actually really windy with big gusts so we won’t be sitting outside tonight.
        We managed to do loads of gardening today - so much better now the temperatures have dropped
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Hi All,
          I hope everybody is enjoying the cool down from the rather hot and humid weather of late.

Carrie sorry to hear about the job loss if you can prove the bullying then I would try and find either a no win no fee solicitors or go to a tribunal and tell them ? Even more so if you were in a union they would have a legal obligation to at least hear you out and advise of any action just don't let the bullies win.

If I am not mistaken your previous employer can only put truthful comments in a reference, no personal views just facts so look carefully at what they have said they may have broken employment laws ? ? Always worth thinking about especially as you say you were bullied out of a job I think that is termed Constructive Dismissal.

There may only be one hiccup the length of time served at that particular company, if you have been there less than two years there is not much to be done as for the most the law stands with employers sadly. I wish you luck with whatever you decide to do but just don't give up!

Geoff.
          Last edited by 1batfastard; 30-06-2023, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• Geoff is right Carrie, an employer can’t give an untruthful reference. Worth finding out what was said. Hope you get something soon.
            Nicos, we are the same, we’ve had to stop buying lots of things for our little one visiting. She is, like yours, a little chatterbox, great that we can have a conversation now. She is amazing… goes to nursery like a new pin and comes home as though she’s been dragged through a hedge backwards. Obviously enjoys her time at nursery! Lol.
            Enjoy your visit when it comes, precious times. x
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
              Good morning.

Rary, don't forget to get them to clean your chimneys too, before they get too big. I was just thinking how times and attitudes to children have changed over the years. Looking back we had a lot more responsibility and freedom at a much younger age.
              I think it's too late for putting them up the chimney gf, ones taller than me the other is the same hight, though both a lot slimmer but as I keep telling them what they see is just relaxed muscle​​​​​​, and yes I suppose things were different when we were young, and we grow up quicker, but having grown up as I did, I want my grandchildren to enjoy their young lives as long as possible need to go again running out of power, no not me the tablet
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Happy 1st July!
                Wet and very windy here. Glad I got so much gardening done yesterday feels more like April showers!

I fancy going to market. Being wet, it should be quieter than normal . Don’t really need anything from there but it always leaves me with a feel good factor.

Whats everyone else up to today?
                Tea and toast anyone?
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

Wet and breezy here today as well Nicos, no thanks to tea and toast I've just finished of my bacon and mushroom cob
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

It's cooler this morning, I'l have a cuppa please, Nicos, but no toast thanks, I've had H/M muesli for breakfast. Yesterday I struggled with the cryptic crossword (in the Graudian) and got no further over breakfast today, so I looked up the answers. No wonder I couldn't finish it - there were five words I've never heard of, plus a spelling of chamois I would not think to use (chammy). How many of these words does anyone else recognise? Be honest, now....

Pugil
                    Leaderene
                    Corbeau - a colour, not in the sense of "crow" Nicos!
                    Commendam
                    Creepie
                    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good Morning All Well that's expanded out vocabulary Snoop, I'll have to look them up! Waiting for my youngest GG - she's home from Uni for a while, lovely surprise for me
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
                        Very breezy here but no rain.

No thanks to the tea Nicos, we just had our weekend treat of bacon, egg, mushroom and tomato,

Mothhawk, I do crosswords quite regularly but I have never come across ant of those words.

The first day of the second half of the year, where the time going?

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                          Well that's expanded out vocabulary Snoop, I'll have to look them up!
                          Erm... Do you mean jubblies or mothhawk's cryptic crossword puzzle answers?

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Slow start to the day, but better get a move on now. Time for lunch and I've barely done anything. Same could be said of the whole year so far, in fact.

Have a great rest of the day, everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Erm... Do you mean jubblies or mothhawk's cryptic crossword puzzle answers?
                              The crosswords Snoop - the Jubblies I know
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good afternoon showers with gusts of high winds, so won't be doing much gardening today, so just sitting planning the alterations to the large veg bed which will include a 2ft. extention, and pondering the question of what to fill it it with, I have some logs of birch which rot down quite quickly, I will also have a lot of shredded garden material to add to it but I also intend adding a mix of shredded tree branches, now I recon different trees will add different nutrients and minerals, with the highest content being found in the new branches, but if I cut them down and shredded them over the summer would I lose anything in them even if stored in a sealed bag, if anyone can answer that for me I would be most grateful, I probably wouldn't try winding you up for at least a week by the way the question is genuine, definitely not a wind up, of course I should have added, I will also be adding seaweed to the make up of the bed, talking of which I was over at the shore for seaweed to make more seaweed feed, the sun is now out so though its windy I will get out and cut back and dead head where required, and before doing anything I will fit a wrist strap to the secateurs, just incase they happen to fall enjoy the rest of the day and smile
                                ​​​​​
                                Last edited by rary; 01-07-2023, 12:04 PM.
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X