Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning All Breakfast on the way here. Windy, sunny and raining! Have a lovely Sunday
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

A cooler start to the day, so Mr Snoop busy hauling sacks of cement and the like about and mixing mortar. Me, I'm about to go and start off some bread and make a cake and some seeded crackers. Just as well the oven is in the garage, not indoors.

No overdoing it, burnie. Same goes for you too, rary.

Right, better go and get the food mixer working seeing as there's all this electricity going to waste. We have whopper batteries, but there's only so much they can store.

​​​​​​​Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning a stronger wind blowing here today and big black clouds overhead, so won't be doing much gardening today, I have five fruits on my trombonceno so keeping an eye on them to make sure they stay healthy I am growing them in the tomato bed in the greenhouse which is only six inches deep so need to be watered and fed regularly, I am using a comfrey seaweed feed every watering and so far they look OK, so will continue with that. Need to go and get ready for church, have a good day whatever the weather and take care and as Snoop has advised to burnie and myself don't overdo things, enjoy the day
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning

I was on the vine earlier but nipped outside for a moment then realised nearly 2 hours had passed odd how time flies when your out in the garden.

Enjoy your day

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
            The rain has stopped and the sun is trying to shine through slight cloud.
            The garden checked and all seems fine.pOff to the church shortly.
            Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning. Not the nicest weather earlier. The only way I could convince Mr GF that a shower was a good idea was to turn the heating on and put a towel on the radiator to warm for him! It's very windy but the sun is trying to get out now.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

A drizzly start to the day but the wind had dropped and it’s pleasantly warm.
                Mrs Mop first thing followed by homemade Irish Soda bread which OH made this morning.
                We were going to go to a vide grenier but the nearest one is on a field and I guess many stall holders won’t turn up as it’ll be sodden underfoot - so I’ll pop on a film and crack on with the ironing.

Our cellar doors are outside and I nipped out earlierBren to get a couple of things from them …and yup - that ‘nip’ ended up being 15 mins as I deadheaded and weeded en route!
                That reminds me, my MIL used to be an avid gardener - mostly flowers- and when we took her to National Trust etc gardens she couldn’t resist deadheading anything needing that she came across.

(Whilst our oven was hot Snoop I baked a Bakewell tart. No point in wasting heat eh?)
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Chester has been collected so hoovered and washed the floor. He has a benign lump on his back that the vet has treated, but he keeps making it bleed when he rolls over on the grass. The vet was reluctant to remove it completely as he doubted Chester would survive the anaesthetic at his age and it isn't bothering him. I'm relieved he's gone home, I've been worrying about him all week!
                  Still sun and showers here so my book and jigsaw will keep me occupied this afternoon

Comment

• Good evening all,

The weather was good enough for us to go to the rose festival.
                    There was a huge turnout as yesterday's weather prevented most people to attend.
                    We had a lovely afternoon and met up with friends.
                    My grandson was with us and loved the dog show.....mini crufts.

Hope you all have a good night.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

bramble, I've never been to a dog show, but I do like watching dogs doing agility exercises and sheep herding, even if it's just in online videos. I'm not surprised your grandson loved it. Must have been great to see all those dogs.

Cloudy out, quite restful for the eyes after all the sunshine. A very hot few days are forecast, thought not as bad here as elsewhere. Even so, I think the smiles will be stopping up north somewhere for the next few days. Last I saw them, they were out doing acrobatics with the bee eaters that are flitting up and down the valley.

Loads to do today, but had a lovely day yesterday in the end, not a single scrap of paid work. So got to make up for it today.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning, a lot of big black clouds about so think it could be a day of showers, have been out a walk with Poppy and though not as warm as you would expect for this time of year, it's still warm enough to be out without a jacket, but definitely not without an umbrella, going to nip up to my sons to check his plants, are OK, then OH wants some windows cleaned which I will see to before taking one of the grandsons fishing, hope the cloud cover that you have Snoop gives you a break from the high temperatures, I can cope with the cold (have to on a regular basis) but high temps. are a different thing, however hope every one enjoys the day whatever the weather and passes on some smiles when they get the chance
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All Cloudy again so fingers crossed for the washing. Have a good day

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all;D
                            Sun and gusty here.
                            Off for a grory hop in a sec- anyone want anything? ( I’m going to see if they sell those raspberry magnums too)

Hope you get your washing dried Flo. The only thing I cant stand dried on the line are towels…hard crunchy towels

Best go - see ya later peeps- enjoy your day
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all,
                              Laundry out and almost dry already.
                              Hoping to get some time in the garden today.
                              After the last couple of days of rain theres a lot to be done.
                              Flowers need to be dead headed, weeds to be pulled up and tomatoes need to be tied in,
                              No other plans for the day so far, have a good one.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning.

So far St Swithins day is living up to it's reputation here...... 38 more days to go?😢

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X