• Show
Clear All

• Here’s the link Rary…..

https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ecipes-updated
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Bonjour tout le monde.

My viennoiserie book has arrived. It's in French, hence the French greeting. Mr Snoop is stymied by the fact that it's in French but he likes the explanatory photos (better, he says, than the Haynes Book of Lies, which he says is the popular name for Haynes manuals on fixing cars). There's one recipe in it that has got us both mystified though: roulés aux échalottes de Wesley (Wesley's shallot spirals or coils, I guess). The same recipe appears once on the Web, but I can't find any other info whatsoever. Unless it's to do with John Wesley recommending rubbing one's head with onions and honey as a remedy for baldness. Also very odd. Anyway, piece of kit is arriving in a few days to accompany the book. So I reckon I'll be hogging the smiles for a bit next week. Sorry about that. Mind you, I don't think it'll be for long. Not really the right temperatures here for working with butter. A high of 18 ºC rary... if we had that as an overnight low, I'd be dead chuffed.

Hope everything went OK yesterday, bramble.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all and it's a wet morning here.

Thanks Snoop, as good as it can get at a funeral,
        That's the third one I have attended in the last two weeks.

As it's raining it will be a Mrs mop day for me as well,
        Looking after my grandson this evening.

Have a good day all and enjoy the sunshine,

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Big hug, bramble. Three in two weeks... that's awful. Hope you're doing OK.

Comment

• Good morning.

One of my sisters has already rung to thank me for her birthday card. I ordered it online for the first time ever as I just couldn't find anything suitable locally. She loved the fact that I'd personalised it. We don't go in for lovey, lovey cards in our family so it was humorous without being too insulting. Her present should be arriving between 12.19 and 1.19 according to DHL.

Snoop, you made me laugh....the Haynes book of lies. I always presumed it was me that was stupid. Does anyone remember the MFI packs of lies? My mother once disowned me and cowered in a corner in their shop when one of their older, male managers attempted to talk down to me when I returned something for her. Unfortunately for him I think he thought I was a stereotypical dumb blonde girl at the time.

Ooooohhhh, the good old days! I wish I still had the hair and figure.
            Last edited by greenishfing; 26-07-2023, 10:28 AM.

Comment

• But you've still got the sass GF
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                But you've still got the sass GF
                Ain't that the truth!

Happy sassing today, GF.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                  Big hug, bramble. Three in two weeks... that's awful. Hope you're doing OK.
                  Thanks Snoop..really appreciated. 🌟

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon all.
                    Just popped in to say it's still lashing rain so,, no gardening. Just housework. 😣

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon, fortunately OH wasn't too long with the shopping and we were back home by 12, had lunch and then spent some time in the garden as it actually turned out quite a nice day, I have also made some courgette soup, as I not only have the trombos growing but three courgette plants as well and thanks Flo and Nicos for the guide to the right thread, fortunately trombos can be stored.
                      Sadly bramble we have reached an age where we are faced with attending funerals oftener but take it as a reminder to be kind and helpful to folk as life is too short to cause stress, but of course you will know I haven't been about as long as some of you ladies on here, with that I will get my jacket and go
                      ​​​​​​
                      Last edited by rary; 26-07-2023, 02:38 PM.
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                        A good thread Nicos I’ve saved the link it’ll be handy my courgettes are coming into production ​​​​​​ I’ve got 5 in the fridge.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evening n’alln’all

Bramble - that’s really sad. One is bad enough
                          Hopefully no more for a long while!

Almost finished the washing…sometimes it feels like it’s never ending.
                          If the rain holds off we’ll nip to the market tomorrow. Not sure after that…maybe collect more plums!​​​​​
                          It’s actually quite warm this evening so we sat outside for our bbq.
                          I have 6 courgettes Bren.
                          - none shorter than a rolling pin…I really must pick them smaller!

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Brrrr…it’s feeling like a chill, damp autumnal morning here…let’s hope it warms up a bit!
                            Never happy are we?
                            I’m actually fancying porridge for breakfast…anyone else?

Comment

• Morning. Mr Busy has porridge all year. He uses oat groats and does an overnight soak then cook in the slow cooker on a timer - he makes himself enough for 2 days.
                              I went to French club yesterday - it's often hilarious trying to convey to the group technical information - i was talking about my cat and how the cat flap and the feeding dish are linked to his micro chip. The French word for microchip is puce electronique - now I know that puce is the French word for flea! Talking of which my kale is under attack from flea beetles!! Feeling a bit itchy.....

​​​​​​

Comment

• W
                                Good morning a wet start today with heavy rain when talking grandson to his work, fortunately it had slackened by the time I was taking the dogs a walk, when I have porridge I leave it steeping overnight if in milk I eat as is, if water I will cook it, will be going to the coffee morning at the church this morning, but first OH needs to go and get some flowers, so have a good day whatever the weather
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X