This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning

I've had sourdough pikelets this morning as a change from my usual pinhead oats Nicos. Like MrB I soak my oats overnight cooking them in a double boiler pan, i'll have try them sometime in the slow cooker instead.

Grory hop this morning.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.
      Feels fresh outside after all the rain we had yesterday evening.

Had a good day yesterday - did a grory hop first thing, and managed to get to the hairdresser for a much needed haircut, then picked up a bone china 6 cup teapot in the charity shop for £4. It's pristine, completely unused, a Royal Botanic Gardens Kew Orchard Fruit design, and a cut above the bog standard china teapot I was hoping to find somewhere for my daily brew. I seldom go in charity shops nowadays, as good finds and bargains are rare.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good Morning All Your hair looks nice MH Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.

Mr GF gave me a scare at 3am when, while making a trip to the loo in the dark, he managed to fall over. Thankfully he is fine and managed to grab hold of the shelf across the bath to break his fall. He is now under orders to use his stick and turn a light on!

I've got to go to the doctor's in half an hour for an injection.

We got a phone call from my sister in law's care home yesterday to organise an appointment for next week regarding end of life care for her.
          Last edited by greenishfing; 27-07-2023, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• Morning gang, hope you are all well!
            Woke in the middle of the night with a terrible cramp in my calf, it’s still painful. Something new for me.
            We have smirr this morning or wet rain as I like to call it. When is the sun coming back? Once it’s starts raining in Scotland it forgets to stop!
            Hope you all have a lovely day whatever your weather. Catch you later! x
            sigpic

Comment

• Really sorry to hear about your sister-in-law, GF. Not an easy thing for Mr GF and you.

Comment

• Sorry to hear about your sister in law GF x
                sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Porridge... I do actually quite like it. Except Mr Snoop makes it and he is not a cook. His porridge recipe is to bung a random amount of oats in a random amount of milk, bring milk to boil and that's it, done. I find the oats a bit raw like that and it usually comes out very dry. The pan is a menace to clean, as well.

Breakfast this morning was the oddest I have ever had. Mr Snoop brought me a cup of tea and a mini cornetto ice cream. I'd have resisted the ice cream except it had already been unwrapped and he had one too, so if I'd not eaten mine he'd have had both. Hope he's OK.

Busy day today, as per. But manageable, so that's good. The smiles hung around for a bit this morning before heading off. Probably as intrigued by the ice cream as I was. Anyway, long gone now, so should be with you soon if they haven't been round already.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                    Dull and cloudy but its dry.

Today I am taking my little grandson on the train to a summer festival/ funfair.
                    This will be his first time and he is so excited both by the train journey and the fist.
                    Praying for a dry day.
                    My 19 year old granddaughter is coming as well.

I dont like porridge but zi often have fish or boiled eggs for breakfast.

Jay, I went through a spell of waking in the night with cramp in my leg...so painful.
                    Doesnt happen any more, just stopped for no reason that I could see.

GF, glad to hear your Mr didnt hurt himself.

Mothhawk, you got a real bargain there, well done.

Have a good dsy whatever you're up to and hope the sun shines.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Thanks for the kind thoughts. I 'm back from the doctor's now. While I was in the surgery the nurse giving me my jab asked if I'd like to book my flu jab while I was there. She's booked mine, my husband's and my brother-in-law's for the same time, same day which will hopefully make life so easy...not until September though.

There was no rain forecast for here today but the forecast is seriously wrong as it has drizzled on and off all morning.

Comment

• Out mower man was due this morning, but hasn't put in an appearance. Probably the overnight rain has made the grass too wet.
                        Same day appointment is good GF. I had a text reminder a few weeks ago to book my dental check up and the first available was mid September.
                        Mini cornetto for breakfast - well that's a first Snoop!
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Oh dear gf…what a way to start the day - first the tumble then the SIL sad news.
                          My MIL had a very calm and gentle end of life care. Suddenly no messing about with blood samples, blood pressure , eating and drinking only if requested. It was very peaceful for her as she hated being “messed with by bossy nurses and doctors”. They weren’t alt all bossy- just going about their daily care of her but all she actually wanted was to be left alone.

As for cramps, I get them from time to time in bed, and I’ve sort of linked it to either lack of fluid intake or lack of salts in my diet. I might be wrong and it’s just a coincidence but it’s worth thinking about maybe?

It’s too wet to garden today. We nipped out to market and bought a few things so I might just have a quick siesta whilst my granddaughter has one at the same time!
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                            Breakfast this morning was the oddest I have ever had. Mr Snoop brought me a cup of tea and a mini cornetto ice cream. I'd have resisted the ice cream except it had already been unwrapped and he had one too, so if I'd not eaten mine he'd have had both. .
                            Thats a good one Snoop it beats the breakfast my then 7 year old nephew took his Mum on Mother’s Day. Dry cereal and a can of cider because he wasn’t allowed to use the kettle.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Hi All,
                              Well I am glad to see that everybody's life is just as bizarre as mine and makes my life a bit more normal from what I thought. GF sorry to hear about your SIL never a good thing receiving news that seems to hit hard even when expected at some point, also Mr GFstumbling around in the dark been there done that got the T-shirt as they say and it can hurt even if of the slightest of knocks.

As for cramps well I think it's more than likely to do with using whatever muscle that is cramping a little more than usual ? You tend to carry on with everyday life and not give a second thought about your age when doing your daily routines, plus don't forget even the fittest of people get them so your not on your own.

I know from experience it can hurt and occur at the most awkward of times and just when you think it's over you get back into bed and off it goes again....

Geoff.

Last edited by 1batfastard; 27-07-2023, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• Good night all.
                                Had a great day out with grandkids but so exhausted now.
                                The first day we havnt had rain, what a difference the weather makes.
                                Early app with the doctors surgery in the morning so thi king an early night is on the cards.
                                Sleep well all.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...