• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning All Not raining here - yet. Have a lovely Sunday
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning

Nicos I've only dried apples using my dehydrator they take around 7 to 8 hours.
      This site says between 8 to 18 hours for plums, there's a big difference between the two times but dehydrator instructions are as vague.

https://preserveandpickle.com/dehydrating-plums/

Of to fill the slow cooker for this evening meal.

Enjoy your day
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning.

In answer to your question Nicos, the reservoirs in the UK are much fuller than they normally are at this time of year. I'm really not surprised. Evidently the Yorkshire water ones are over 80% full and last August they were 43% full.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
          Morning

Nicos I've only dried apples using my dehydrator they take around 7 to 8 hours.
          This site says between 8 to 18 hours for plums, there's a big difference between the two times but dehydrator instructions are as vague.

https://preserveandpickle.com/dehydrating-plums/

Enjoy your day
          Thanks for the link. It’s now18 hrs and they’re not ready…getting there but not ready. Your link suggests leaving the door ajar- I hadn’t read that on other sites- will try that and see if it speeds things up. Thanks.

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all,
            It feels quite cool but its dry and the tempo is 14 degs,
            Off to church shortly and then g son is coming for lunch.
            No plans for the dsy other than to enjoy it.
            Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon, a lot of cloud about but mostly sunny, I will be off line for a week as I am going on holiday and decided have a break and to leave computer stuff at home, so keep safe, enjoy your gardening and remember to p​​​​​​ass on some smiles, you never know you could be passing some to me
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Got no get up and go today after last night. Live band in the end, not tapas,which are next week apparently. I've got no idea what's going on, just do what I'm told. Got home at just after 4.00 am. Been dragging myself through the day ever since. The band were pretty good and I didn't drink any alcohol (driving home afterwards), so must just be the late night. No idea how I'll manage four consecutive ones...

Anyway, my main achievement of the day is to bake up a bag of 'protein bread' from Lidl, bought by Mr Snoop. The oddest bread I've ever made. The instructions weren't very clear. I presume it's intended for people who go to the gym rather than people that bake. Anyway, I poured the dough into loaf tins and it did rise. It's now in the oven. At a guess, it'll come out like pumpernickel bread as it's a 1000 g bag (of which only 25% is wheat flour) to 920 g of water. The instructions include the comment: may weigh less after baking due to drying.

Not making any Danish pastries. Way beyond my capabilities today.

Have a great rest of the day, everyone.

P.S. I'm a sherbet pip kind of gal. You could barely get 6d's worth in the bag, there were so many of them. And after a bit, they made your tongue sting, so you couldn't eat them and that made them last even longer. Never much of a fan of sherbet lemons, though, or sherbet fountains.
                Last edited by Snoop Puss; 06-08-2023, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• Have a great time Rary….I hope the sunshine goes with you the whole time.

Crikey Snoop - no idea where you get your energy from

I’m off for an early night….see you in the morning peeps!

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

* whispers so as not to disturb Snoop* ….
                    Where is everyone?….off on hols with Rary?

Well, for those of you still lounging in bed, I’ll leave a breakfast tray outside your rooms

On the books for today?…I need a quick grory hop then some gardening. There’s blue sky at the moment….

Enjoy your day peeps…
                    Last edited by Nicos; 07-08-2023, 07:22 AM.

Comment

• Morning all.

Very quiet here too this morning. Mr GF is having a lie in 😴and I'm being very thoughtful and quiet🤫🤐😇so far.

I am however going to make some pastry in the food processor shortly. Should I close the kitchen and bedroom doors?😇 or not👹?

We've not actually got blue sky here but it is sort of whiteish and it isn't raining!

Comment

• Morning

I don't know who's gone with Rary but its not me I've been in the garden picking raspberries and hanging out laundry with todays sunshine and breeze it'll soon be dry.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny here too so washing machine on. GGs coming later. Have a good day.
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
                            We were having a little bit of a lie in as it's a bank holiday here.
                            No need for the breakfast tray Nicos but thanks for the offer.
                            We plan to go out later, destination yet to be decided.
                            Enjoy your holiday Rary, you deserve a rest.
                            Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Didn't set the alarm today, so a very late start. Not helped by me lying in bed thinking about chocolate eclairs and how to make them... I'm pretty sure I'm putting on weight just with the idea of these things, no need to actually eat them.

Anyway, Mr Snoop likes the weird high-protein bread and it is actually quite tasty, though most definitely not bread. I don't consider pumpernickel bread bread either, mind. A small piece is more than plenty.

On the cards for today, a bit of paid work followed by a tidy of the kitchen. Haven't done a proper tidy for a while and it really shows. Just as well we never get unannounced visitors. Covid also means that people are used to sitting outdoors.

Maybe Rary took some of the smiles with him, Bren In Pots. Loads to go round, though. i spotted a few trying to keep up with some bee eaters this morning but not succeeding. Good fun, though, all that aerobatics.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Snoop, please stop putting fattening ideas in my head. I love eclairs and profiteroles. If you need a recipe, try this Be-ro one.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	20230807_121754.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	508.9 KB
ID:	2566684
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	20230807_121711.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	350.6 KB
ID:	2566683
                                As you can see from all the splats it has been well used!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X