Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Definitely looks like a tried and tested recipe, greenishfing. Thanks. Well, the pastry doesn't look too bad and that's the most difficult part, apart from trying not to eat too many.

Comment

• GF I thought that’s what Be-Ro cookery books were supposed to look like.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
        GF I thought that’s what Be-Ro cookery books were supposed to look like.
        There are some recipes that look a lot worse including Cornish pasty and lemon meringue pie and that book was a replacement for an earlier one that became unreadable.

I never used to realise how messy I am.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1146.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1,012.0 KB ID:	2566694 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1147.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.02 MB ID:	2566693
          Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
          GF I thought that’s what Be-Ro cookery books were supposed to look like.
          Quite clearly!
          Last edited by Nicos; 07-08-2023, 02:24 PM.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20230807_153849.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	423.4 KB
ID:	2566697
            Obviously sub-standard paper!!!😇😇🤫🤫

Comment

• Paper copies! Want, want, want...

When I last checked their website, they only had pdf versions. Looks like a paper edition is now available again.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Edited: I've just checked on Amazon to see if they've got a copy. The 2007 edition is available at just under 84 euros. Looks like you've got some valuable antiques there, 'poor paper' or otherwise.
              Last edited by Snoop Puss; 07-08-2023, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• It must be the paper
                Click image for larger version

Name:	3434e567-2e8c-4a16-accb-d7c295fc65db.jpeg
Views:	139
Size:	267.0 KB
ID:	2566701

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                  Paper copies!

Edited: I've just checked on Amazon to see if they've got a copy. The 2007 edition is available at just under 84 euros. Looks like you've got some valuable antiques there, 'poor paper' or otherwise.
                  Valuable antiques!!!!😀😁😂🤣

I'm just glad that we've had lots of good food courtesy of it even if I've wrecked it.

Comment

• My Be-Ro books always had a lot of use, my scales are old Avery ones with lb and oz weights and it saves converting recipes. Have to say you can rely on those recipes I can’t remember having one fail on me.

Comment

• Morning

Its a cool start here with a GH overnight low of 11c, so a good day to get more weeding done all the recent rains given them a boost.

No plans here today just the usual gardening, domestics and a stroll.

enjoy your day

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny here and the gas man cometh later. Have a good day
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
                          Nice pleasant morning here but its feeling like autumn,
                          Going line dancing this morning,
                          A dental appointment this afternoon.
                          Hope to get some weeding done in between.
                          Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.

It was sunny here earlier but the cloud has now ganged up on us again and is looking a bit threatening. A grory hop is on the cards when we have finished our elevenses.

Bren, I use a set of modern digital scales but a press of a button changes Imperial weights to metric. If I converted I would no doubt forget to convert one measurement, I am bad enough when doubling or halving a recipe.

I just thought I'd mention my old Yorkshire W.I. recipe book that I bought in a charity shop years ago. A previous owner had used it well and added her own notes to it.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	20230808_110919.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	552.5 KB
ID:	2566722
                            I always take note of her observations.

Comment

• Just a quick pop in whilst I can get a signal…we have no internet until midnight tonight, and I’ve managed to grab a one bar 3G in the garden
                              Roll on the end of next month when we should have fibre…..

It feels more like sumner here today. I’ve just picked a pile more plums - they are all over the floor too so I’m leaving those for the foxes etc. strangely there was only one wasp to be seen whereas previously there would have been loads. I wonder if the Asian hornets have been killing them - and the bees?
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                                It feels more like sumner here today....(
                                doesnt her yet ... I've had to put my socks on ... nothing else just socks, I find it keeps the pigeons off my brasicas

well, last day of being Dogless so I made an effort for the little chap and created Gus's Garden ...(to be fair a lot of it was all ready there but he won't know) ... Trough with three of my Mini host collection ... two Blue mouses ears and a First Frost, and he has his own little pot with some viola's in.
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	GG.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.30 MB ID:	2566731
                                Last edited by nick the grief; 08-08-2023, 12:48 PM.
                                ntg
                                Never be afraid to try something new.
                                Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                                A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                                ==================================================

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X