This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good afternoon all,
    Just popped in yo say I am back from the dentist.
    So relieved, I only needed a clean and polish. šŸ˜šŸ˜

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon

GF Iā€™m used to my old Avery scales I had them given me 40 years ago ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ and baking wouldnā€™t be the same without them.
      Itā€™s not summer here today Iā€™ve even got trousers on instead of my shorts.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evening all.

Went out for a grory hop and picked up my French patisserie book. Interesting but not astounding despite its huge size. Big enough to use as a stone in the foundations of the extension Mr Snoop is working on. Be-ro book will be next, and by the sound of it just as useful if not more so.

Good luck tomorrow, nick the grief.

Nicos, we have next to no wasps here. They came out during the really warm spell late winter and I can only think were killed off by the cold snap that followed. We have no cabros at all and last year we had dozens, next to no yellow jackets or other wasps, can't remember when I last saw a butterfly and the bees - all of them, big and small - have simply disappeared.

Catch you all tomorrow.

Comment

• mornin y'all.

Well up bright and early to take Mrs G to work as I need the car today for something... can't think what it is though got to mow the lawn apparently - I hate mowing lawns ... then the worlds my lobster tillabout 12:00 ish
          ntg
          Never be afraid to try something new.
          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
          ==================================================

Comment

• Morning

It looks like being a sunny day here so I'll be back in my shorts.

NtG Hope you find something to do the make time till lunchtime come quicker.

Snoop you'll love the Be-Ro book I think at one time every house here in the UK owned one.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Looks like Summer's back for a day Windows to clean Have a good day, I know you will Nick!
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning itā€™s a kind of dull start this morning, who knows what the rest of the day will bring.
                Itā€™s Wednesday, a special day for someone I believe! Oh yes Gus is going to his knew home today!! Enjoy Nick, Iā€™m sure you will and remember those photos!
                On a side note, my mum had a Be-ro book then I had it until it fell to pieces and I had to order a new one. Great little thing.
                Have a great day everyone, especially those with a new family member arriving. x
                sigpic

Comment

• Hi. Sunny here - time to walk dogs then collect their food from local game butcher - venison trim.
                  Getting on well with the bread maker - last effort was the best so far 50/50 Rye/White.
                  Has anyone got a favourite flour mix to recommend?
                  Last edited by mrsbusy; 09-08-2023, 08:37 AM.

Comment

• Good morning.

The sun is actually shining and not a cloud in sight. Amazing.

I hope Gus realises what a lucky dog he is, Nick.

I'm going into the kitchen next to make strawberry jam.

Flo, can I ask how you manage to clean windows when the sun is shining? I always, always make a streaky mess but it is ten times worse on a sunny day.

Comment

• I'll do the back windows before the sun comes round GF and the front this afternoon. I did try cleaning them once in the sunlight wearing sunglasses but that didn't work
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                        I'll do the back windows before the sun comes round GF and the front this afternoon. I did try cleaning them once in the sunlight wearing sunglasses but that didn't work
                        I think I am just the world's worst window cleaner. I have tried every method over the years and the only half decent one for me is the window vac but in the shade. I can't actually believe that I was actually stupid enough to buy wardrobes with mirrored doors!!šŸ¤Æ

Comment

• Mornin nā€™allnā€™all
                          Youā€™ll enjoy the BeRo book Snoopā€¦I do tend to replace any marg in the recipes though with butter

Love the garden NTGā€¦come on, we all need to see the toys you have ready for Gus ā€¦.2hrs and counting!

Not sure what Iā€™m up to today - more ā€˜things with plums ā€œ no doubt
                          The two main trees are almost finished but the third one is still very green.

Gfā€¦you should try cleaning south facing Velux windows when itā€™s 40C

Best get a wiggle on and collect more plums. What with those and mammoth courgetteā€¦..
                          Enjoy your day peeps - I know NTG willā€¦the smiles are already en route thereā€¦

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• That window cleaning reminded me of something I read or heard once about cleaningā€¦..ā€You never notice a clean windowā€ā€¦.how true- also of mirrorsā€¦One fingerprint stands out and waves to you doesnā€™t it
                            Same with shiny metal bins in the kitchen.

Comment

• Morning all.

10.20 am in the UK. Really not long to go now, NtG.

Plenty to keep me busy today. Mr Snoop has gone off into town for assorted errands. I'm holding the fort with the dogs. Lucky us. It's sweltering out there and I'll be amazed if Mr Snoop finds anywhere shady to park the car.

Better get on with things. Be-ro book on the list of things to order for my next trip back to the UK. Thanks for the encouragement, guys.

Have a great day, everyone. Make the most of the smiles when they come round your way. I think they'll congregate and get stuck at NtG's.

Comment

• Come to think about it Snoop- I did wonder what the smiles had tucked under their wingsā€¦and Iā€™m pretty sure they were bags of puppy treatsā€¦..just over an hour to go!ā€¦..I do hope you have checked the car starts NTGā€¦..you can never be too careful. Enough petrol too?ā€¦.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X