• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good link, Snoop, thanks.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

• 'OMG', I said as I sat bolt upright in bed this morning. 'There's a tarantula inside the mozzie net.' At which point Mr Snoop also sat bolt upright and we both shot out of bed. And it disappeared. It couldn't half shift. We thought it had dropped off the inside of the net and onto the bed, but no. It was already in the corner of the net. A couple of inches side to side and top to bottom, so big enough to look scary, even though the local ones aren't that venomous. Mr Snoop did the noble thing and caught it in a glass and is now out on a walk with the dogs. He'll release it somewhere along the way. Not too close to home I hope.

Talk about a rude awakening.

And after that story, an apology. I didn't make the Danish pastry dough yesterday. I did make a banana and raisin cake, though, so there's some of that on a plate next to the kettle. When I made the cake, the butter came straight out of the fridge and went soft in seconds. It was a really hot day yesterday and clearly there was no chance of making Danish pastry dough. I'll try early one morning this weekend if the nights are cool enough.

Off into town this morning with Mr Snoop, so better get a move on. He'll be wanting to head off as soon as he gets back from walking the dogs.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

That's a scary start to anyone's day Snoop xx Banana and raisin cake sounds good do you have a favourite recipe to share please I've had a look on line some call it a bread some cake.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Shocking start for you Snoop! Very warm and sunny here. Have a good day
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all;D

Te he Snoop - and there I was only last night asking my OH to remove a European house spider from our ceiling. They are large ( leg span of 2”) and fast but compared to a tarantula it’s like comparing a ballerina with a sumo wrestler.
            I think (*know) which I’d rather have invading my space. Not a nice experience for you to wake up to

Speaking of which, I was only mentioning to my OH yesterday that we seem to be finding more spiders inside the house - they usually start showing themselves in the autumn not mid August!
            Also, my magnolia has started flowering - just a few here and there but that’s strange.I’ve noticed a second flowering in late Spring but never August.

More Mrs Mop for me today. All this talk of cakes and pastries- I might make some buns later.
            Enjoy your day peeps, see ya later!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
              It's a beautiful sunny morning so I am off out for a walk.

Snoop, what a frightful way to start the day, It can only get better.
              Enjoy the sunshine and have a good one,

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• So Snoop Puss , hows the constipation ?

Up bright and early and stood outside in me jim jams with a mug of coffee and His nibs ... at 5:00 am It was quite warm albeit a tad dark ! Mrs G went off and did the shopping whils I baby sat him and then cooked his breakfast ... I got mine about 3 hours later !

picked up a 2nd hand book today for £3.50 The preserving Book by Lynda Brown its darn near perfect and the price was £16.99 when it was published looks really good.
                ntg
                Never be afraid to try something new.
                Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                ==================================================

Comment

• You could at least have offered to let Hibou out at the same NTG ! ….she was prowling about the bedroom playing hockey with socks etc at that time ( 6am here)…which, in reality is a bit of a sleep in for her

Great book purchase btw

Comment

• Good afternoon.

I hate to admit it but my very old preserves book is in a terrible state. Many of the pages have fallen out and it has to be held together with a rubber band. Nick, what are you going to make?

For all lovers of Magnums and similar we have now found one we like more!
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	20230810_122042.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	2566902
                    They are gorgeous. I am off to take the car for it's MOT now but am calling for more of these on th way home.

Comment

• Originally posted by nick the grief View Post
                      So Snoop Puss , hows the constipation ?

Not sure how to answer that.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

The car passed its MOT for another year, after having a new exhaust. I knew it needed one, it only just scraped through the emissions test last year. I think there's a lot to be said for electric cars - far fewer parts on the outside to rust through! Still it is getting to be a veteran at 14 years old and I still love it.

Gosh, Snoop, what a jolt to the system, being shocked wide awake like that. Your heart must have been pounding. I'm glad Mr Snoop released it back to the wild though, rather than doing a clog dance on it. The spider was probably in as much of a panic as you were!
                        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                          Good afternoon.

For all lovers of Magnums and similar we have now found one we like more!
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	20230810_122042.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	2566902
                          They are gorgeous. I am off to take the car for it's MOT now but am calling for more of these on th way home.
                          oh yum!….I love speculoos flavour!

Come on….where did you buy those from?..you know we need to try them

Oh…and well done with the MOT - I always expect them to find something wrong!
                          Have to be safe though

Comment

• I'm happy to say the car passed the MOT. We've driven less than 2000 miles since last year. I called at the MOT station this morning to remind the owner, a good friend, that we needed the MOT done in the next week. He told me to call back there at 1.30pm.

The MOT seemed to be going on for ever and I was starting to get worried. When he eventually came into the waiting room and told us it had passed without problem I was happy. The reason it had taken so long? He'd valeted it as well! 😁😀 My hero!

On the way home I called in at farmfoods to get more of our new favourite. ...... The cupboard was bare! Aaaaarrrgggghhh😡

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post

Our local Aldi sells them
                              ntg
                              Never be afraid to try something new.
                              Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                              A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                              ==================================================

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post

Local farmfoods.....Mr GF is having a mini tantrum because they've none left.....he wanted "several" packs

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X