X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brilliant news Jay
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Jay!!!…that’s really fantastic news…I bet you could weep with joy.
      I’m crossing everything for you in the hope that this medication is the answer xxxx
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Great news Jay!🙂

I've had a boring day of domestics here, giving the bathroom a belated Spring clean.....even dismantling and washing the light fitting and sorting and tidying the bathroom cabinet. I did find some very, very out of date patent medicines in there.

Tonight I have been looking online for a new reading light for Mr GF. The one he uses is a very old floorstanding Ikea one but the shade has broken and the reflection from the light is now really annoying me.

I have eventually ordered three lamps, from IKEA. They are all from the same range: a floorstanding one, a desktop one and a clip on one. This is partly because I suddenly realised the desktop reading lamp I use was equally old.

I am getting a bit too handy with my phone and debit card, but to be fair we just bought nothing during lockdown and everything is now slowly falling to pieces.

Comment

• Good morning. I have been awake for ages and an hour ago gave in and got up and made coffee.

It's very murky here at the moment with showers forecast. Dare I put a load of washing on?

I think I'll make a couple of jars of preserved lemons today. Yesterday, while looking for a light bulb, I found two large cardboard boxes full of jam jars, all washed, de-labelled and ready to use. Typical....organised enough to clean them and remove the labels but then to forget about them........It took me ages to find a light bulb, probably because it is now so rare we need one. I must remember to buy a couple of spares as that was the last of it's kind (long life, 11 watt, bayonet fitting).

I think I'll jump in the shower next, or maybe another coffee first.....
          Last edited by greenishfing; 17-08-2023, 05:57 AM.

Comment

• ^^^^^^ possible guilty conscience from spending all that money
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good morning, glad about your good news Jay​​​​​​
              Thanks for the morale boosting words Flo I didn't know that you knew my OH
              Last edited by rary; 17-08-2023, 06:26 AM.
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Good Morning you two and anyone else who's around Spending is so easy these days isn't it? Warm but dull here so far. Have a good day
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning, nice clear blue sky today, we went out for lunch yesterday, then when we came back home, as it was a nice day and as I had been asked by the local flower show organisers to judge their garden competition, I contacted my fellow judge and we spent the afternoon going round some of the entries, we had to stop at tea time as I had the tea to make, after that I only managed a couple of hours in the garden, but still making slow progress, as today is Thursday we will be at the church coffee morning then if its still dry I will get somemore work done, I won't be able to get to it tomorrow as I am taking the grandsons fishing, a wee treat on their last day of school holidays.
                  Have a good day and smile ​​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                    Good Morning you two and anyone else who's around Spending is so easy these days isn't it? Warm but dull here so far. Have a good day
                    That's if you have money to spend, I have to account for every penny I spend, and anyway, I am skint

Though to be honest OH has threatened to put my kindle in the bin, when she sees the big river van coming along the street, it's, what have you bought now, I of course remind her that other folk on the street order from them as well, the reply to that is usually, yes but not as often as you. By the way it possibley once a fortnight I get something delivered, isn't it great how wife's conveniently overlook what they buy, but zero in on your purchases

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                      Afternoon, a dull day but boy it’s warm. Had good news from hospital, my new medication is working!!! Yahoo. So another 3 months until my next scan. Here’s hoping it continues to work
                      Great news Jay really pleased for you xx

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning

The laundries in, raspberries have been picked and I'll be of on a Grory hop soon. Not to sure after that.

Enjoy your day.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post

By the way it possibley once a fortnight I get something delivered, isn't it great how wife's conveniently overlook what they buy, but zero in on your purchases
                          Yes! Great!!!🤣😇🙂

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                            We have another sunny day ahead. The forecast is hot over the next few days. Lots to do in the garden but I realised yesterday that September is only 2 weeks away and I’ve only sat out in the garden reading a max of a couple of times this summer - mostly because of the wind and rain.The last few years we’ve had an awning up all summer at the bottom of the field where we bbq etc away from the house.it’s been too windy to risk putting it up until now. Not sure if I can be bothered for a couple of weeks

Today will involve ironing , a bit of gardening, freezing down apple windfalls and hopefully an hour outside sitting reading!( munching on a magnum eh?)

Rary…we have a couple of local delivery services who don’t even bother coming to the house….you get a text message to say you weren’t in when they called and you need to collect the item. Sometimes their drop off places are 20 mins away by car. And nope- we weren’t out but they couldnt be bothered to even try and deliver it.

Enjoy your day peeps….
                            Last edited by Nicos; 17-08-2023, 07:54 AM.
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Fantastic news, Jay. How are you celebrating?

Comment

• Morning all.

Yesterday turned into a day of massive frustration with unrelated sadness at the end. I hope today is better. Not starting off that well so far, but trying to keep things in perspective, though I'm not doing a good job of that, much to my shame. Anyway, after being twenty-five in the call queue an hour or more ago, I'm now down to seven. I hope they don't do the same as yesterday, which is cut me off just as the magnitude of the organisation's repeated error started to become clear to the person I was talking to.

Right, that's enough whinging.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X