Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening all, just back from our trip to see family, can’t believe the change in our granddaughter’s speech in just 5 weeks, amazing. Had a lovely time.
    Forgot about the blue moon, will have a look tonight if it’s out.
    Beautiful day today. Washed and got dried some winter sweaters as the nights are drawing in so quickly now. Can’t believe it’s September tomorrow already!!
    Hope you all had a lovely day and hope all went well at the hospital bramble. Also hope Mr Snoop is not too badly injured.
    sigpic

Comment

• Hi All,
      Well you lot have been busy, nice to see that Scotch Pies are liked just as much as I like them I always thought they were not fancied in England but have been proven wrong I absolutely love them, when my wife can remember to but them as Sue doesn't have my taste.

I like the poems that have featured here and although not a poem this guides me through my troubles in life. I read this one time a few years ago, it made me look back over certain events that have occurred in my life and it made me think about who was watching over me and why I am still alive needless to say I had an awakening of sorts.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Footprints-in-the-Sand-Poem.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	2567870

One night I dreamed a dream.
      As I was walking along the beach with my Lord.
      Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
      For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
      One belonging to me and one to my Lord.

After the last scene of my life flashed before me,
      I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
      I noticed that at many times along the path of my life,
      especially at the very lowest and saddest times,
      there was only one set of footprints.

This really troubled me, so I asked the Lord about it.
      "Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,
      You'd walk with me all the way.
      But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life,
      there was only one set of footprints.
      I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me."

He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you
      Never, ever, during your trials and testings.
      When you saw only one set of footprints,
      It was then that I carried you."

Geoff.

Last edited by 1batfastard; 31-08-2023, 07:21 PM.

Comment

• ^^^^ Yes Geoff, I believe that to be so true
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
          We’ve had heavy drizzle most of the night and it’s still at it. Perfect , once it’s stopped, for getting the weeds out of the gravel drive.
          I noticed yesterday that the espaliered apples have put on growth spurts, so they need a bit of a trim. Once my Mrs Mop is sorted for the day, I’m hoping to get out there and crack on.
          Anyone got plans for the weekend? I’m trying to sort out a hospital visit to see a friend, so waiting to hear if/ when we can go.

Anyone fancying a brew? I’m just about to put the kettle on….
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

It was a misty damp start to the day here its now cleared and looks like being a good day to be out and about. No thanks to tea Nicos I've had my mug and a top up any more and I'll be floating.

Enjoy your day.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Still thinking of you, bramble. Hope everything went swimmingly.

Managed to get through an absolute ton of stuff again yesterday. Wish I had more days like that. Would really speed matters up. But I sure used up my brain. Had to go to bed really early to recover. But bright-eyed and bushy-tailed this morning, despite the midnight call from the boar. Much as I feared the hunters might have had him a few days back, that looks not to be the case. He's bolder, though. Possibly because he's hungrier. We shut up all the doors last night just in case he ventured in... Just as well the temperatures have dropped, as we'd have cooked last week with all the doors shut.

Off out later this morning for a mini grory hop and a maxi post office visit to pick up a delivery of yet another big, fat French patisserie book and a couple of other items. Nicos, or anyone else for that matter, when you make tarts, do you make shallow ones in those French tart circles I've seen in books and on Amazon, or do you use deeper British-style pans? I'm having difficulty imagining the filling to pastry ratio. Smaller and shallower ones make sense in terms of calorie consumption, but I wonder if there's not so much pleasure to be had because proportionally there's too much pastry. Talk about first-world problems... You'd think I'd have better things to ponder on. Anyway, I reckon the smiles are egging Mr Snoop on. The number of times he's mentioned lemon meringue pie these last couple of weeks beggars belief.

Better get on with things. Plenty to get through before I can go out. Have a great day, everyone.
              Last edited by Snoop Puss; 01-09-2023, 09:16 AM.

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday, Rabbits Dull here but brightening. Snoop I go for deep tarts Hope Bramble is ok. Have a good day
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all and thank you for your kind thoughts.
                  My eye operation went fine but it was tougher than I expected.
                  I wont bore you with the details but zi had to have a stent inserted in my eye among other things.
                  With just a local anaesthetic it was fairly uncomfortable.
                  However it's done now.
                  Was up at 6 0'clock yesterday morning to be in for 7.30 and the same this morning for a post op check.
                  I am not an early riser so it was a bit of a shock to the system.
                  Have a ton of eye drops to put in several times a day for the next three months.

Nothing much happening today, just my grandson starting big school.
                  Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• A stent in the eye and only fairly uncomfortable... bramble. That sounds like a huge understatement. Hope you make a speedy recovery.

Comment

• Good morning, glad things went well for you bramble, and pray that everything continues that way, was up to put the boys out to school, then I got into the garden where I cleared an area of about 4x4ft. which I used for holding three wheel barrows, I also had to clear out the base which was made up with gravel about six inches deep once that was cleaned out I filled it with soil, now ready to plant out with some phlox once the soil settles down, I also managed to get a log 15 inches thick sawn, now having a coffee and a rest, after which I will saw up some planks as a temporary side for the raised bed, I intend replacing them with slabs as soon as possible, oh boy the sun is coming out so might not rest too long wish you all a pleasant day and enjoy your garden
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Good morning.

No sunshine here. It is grey, dank and drizzling. We're supposedly having a mini heatwave next week with temperatures in the high 70s (25°C) but at the moment I'm finding it hard to believe. I put the heater on in the car earlier.

Dunelm have yet again let me down with their abysmal delivery system. After letting me down nearly two years ago I refused to order anything that needed to be delivered. It was click and collect or shop elsewhere. I gave in earlier this month and put in an order that arrived early. One of the items I was very pleased with so ordered another identical which should have arrived yesterday. I'm still waiting.......... and waiting. No more deliveries from them in the near future! In fact I am now in the mood for complaining. I don't suppose that it will do any good but it just might make me feel better.

Comment

• Well that’s really disappointing gf.
                          I wonder if it’s anything to do with it having been a bank holiday weekend?

Our car service has been postponed from this coming Monday for a couple of weeks as the garage has had a lot of sickness. Hope it’s not Covid raising its ugly head again
                          Maybe sickness is striking elsewhere?
                          Just a thought.

The drizzle has finally stopped so I’m heading out to start weeding the driveway. It’s certainly warmed up out there so maybe the promised ‘heatwave’ here is starting…..

Comment

• Snoop Puss - my previous post got lost whilst posting.
                            To answer your question about tarts - I use two different sized spring metal cake tinsithremovable bottoms. The bigger one for shallow tarts and the smaller one for deep ones.
                            I struggle with soggy botties so generally go for the shallow one to give the base a chance to cook better. I’ve clearly missed the tip to prevent a soggy bottie - if I dry bake the pastry the sides always end up burnt when the tart is cooked.
                            I don’t use typical tart/ flan dishes as I generally make a pigs ear of getting them out

Bramble - well done lass- just the thought of it makes me shudder. You need to treat yourself to something for being so brave xxxx
                            Speedy recovery …x

Comment

• That's me I have the first bed ready, and have went over it with a plank and hammer to settle the ground as I intend to plant out some lettuceonce iget back out, having a cup of coffee and also waiting for the boys to come in from school

Comment

• Evening
                                That sounds uncomfortable Bramble.

No gardening but I've more tomatoes to pick. I'm.impressed with them this having grown different ones to my usual.
                                Very grey but apparently summer is on it's way back
                                Starting to think about sowing seeds.
                                Enjoy your evening.
                                Northern England.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X