Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning, nice and sunny today, sadly getting ready for a funeral, not a relation but an old friend, who requested no black ties etc. so short sleeved shirt and open neck.
    Thanks for that info Snoop I will have a look into that after, just a short post today, might be on later
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
      I use the Lavender and Lovage recipe for Apple and Ginger Chutney…delicious!
      What a lovely website. Ginger cake on hold, as it looks like it's going to have to be her mincemeat cake. Ingredients out of the fridge and warming. Mr Snoop can't believe his luck!
      Thanks to you and Bren In Pots for the recommendation.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
        Slow start for me for some reason. It’s actually pleasantly warm and hazy sun which is perfect for gardening.
        However I need to do a grory hop and just can’t get motivated.
        Must shake a leg
        Sorry to hear about your friend Rary. Sad times.

Best motivate myself….
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• All clear at the dental check up, so celebrated with a bacon brunch Still raining, so might get the ironing board out. Must get the domestics done by half past three as I'm listening to the short story competition on Radio 4
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Glad the dentist went well Flo. They often find something so that was brill news!

We had a good grory hop. OH wanted to come with me and of course we ended up buying loads more than was on the shopping list, but I feel well stocked up now *whispers…we bought a few small Xmas pressies for our granddaughter too

Ironing for me tomorrow too Flo. Can’t keep ignoring it like this….

Sleep well peeps…see you in the morning!

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
              The sun is trying to break through the haze and I can hear two cockerels in the distance. What a lovely thing to wake up to eh?

Yesterday at L!dl they were offering some really sad looking cyclamen three for 1€ Couldn’t resist could I?…having soaked in the sink overnight they look perfect. Soo chuffed with them!

Gardening and a bit of Mrs Mop today for me

Jay - I’ve just drooled my way through the Lavender and Lovage site
              https://www.lavenderandlovage.com/ca...ipes/christmas

(and of course printed off that mincemeat cake recipe!) how did it turn out Snoop?

Yesterday I had the urge for pineapple so I made a quick, small, upside down cake in the microwave. Yum.

Enjoy your day peeps…I’ve just spotted the smiles heading your way…

Comment

• Morning

No rain forecast here today, so I'll be in the garden later blackberries and raspberries need picking then I need a few things for dinner.

Lavender and Lovage is one of my go to sites especially for soup and chutney recipes.

Enjoy your day.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                  (and of course printed off that mincemeat cake recipe!) how did it turn out Snoop?
                  Amazing. Most of the fruit ended up at the bottom, as it's quite a liquid batter but who cares? Not me. I made it in a 20 cm diameter tin, not her recommended 18 cm (which I don't have, surprisingly), making it easier to cut into smaller portions, which is just as well as it's dangerously delicious. Next time, though, I might cream the butter and sugar first, then add the liquids, followed by the flour and spice and lastly the zest and mincemeat. It might suit my mixer better that way (it has very odd beaters - https://www.ankarsrum.com/product/cookie-beater/) There will definitely be a next time, though.

I'll have a look at the soups. Thanks for mentioning that, Bren In Pots. I'm a big soup fan, but I got rather stuck in the teatime cakes...

Right, morning all.

Mixed weather here, alternating between threatening clouds and bright sunshine. Possibility of rain this afternoon. Mr Snoop has fixed the roof, so fingers crossed we won't need to get the buckets out.

A bit of work on the cards for me today but not much! So I'll get a bit of admin out the way, get some bread on the go and try for a bit of domestics in the kitchen. Or maybe I'll go for a nap instead.

The smiles were lingering a bit this morning, trying to get a sniff of the cake, but it's well and truly covered up so they were out of luck. In fact, thinking about it, they left in a bit of a grump, so I hope they cheer up on the way to you.

Have a great day, everyone.
                  Last edited by Snoop Puss; 13-09-2023, 09:05 AM.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                    A lovely sunny morning here.
                    Bedding is changed and the laundry is drying in the breeze.
                    No plans for the morning so I will probably go walking.
                    Having my grandson from school this afternoon, he looks so grown up in his school uniform.
                    Anyway, enough about me, have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All I didn't do the ironing Sunny here for now so I'm going to potter in the garden. Have a good day

Comment

• Morning another lovely day so bedding out as rain is forecast for later.
                        Glad you liked the Lavender and Lovage website folks, I love it.
                        New jars were delivered early so got them sterilised and made chutney yesterday so 6 jars all ready and waiting…it’s the waiting that’s the problem it’s just too delicious!
                        Have a great day everyone. x
                        sigpic

Comment

• Good morning.

A sunny, breezy morning. Washing is blowing, breadmaker is chugging away and for elevenses we've already eaten a couple of the strawberry jam buns I made earlier. I'm calling round at my brother-in-law's shortly with some goodies that he wants picking up.

I had a problem last night when I managed to spill a panful of boiling water down myself. This is because I was using my right hand to lift it due to having a frozen left shoulder, and I'm a leftie. I'm going to have to start being more careful! Sometimes predictive text can be funny. It kept insisting on putting a "painful" of boiling water!

I also ended up with four poached eggs skating around the kitchen
                          floor!

Comment

• It certainly sounds painful GF! Hope it wasn't. Take care

Comment

• Oh my goodness, GF. That sounds awful. Hope you're OK.

Comment

• Just had a call from my middle GG and had to share! She and her partner had a picnic on the top of a hill in the Lake District and he proposed with a diamond solitaire . When she accepted, he produced a bottle of champagne and glasses

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X