Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've had quite a productive day so far. This morning I ordered a nightdress from Damart on the internet for my sister in law's birthday in a couple of weeks. Hopefully it has plenty of time to get here.

Since then I've caught up on the ironing AGAIN. I'm now feeling completely virtuous. I was quite happy with not ironing my bedding until I had to iron a quilt cover dry a few weeks ago and realised that it did actually look far nicer if it was ironed.

The cloud belatedly disappeared and the sun came out so there's now another load of washing out on the line.

Comment

• Fingers crossed for Chester, Flo!
      Afternoon sunny today with the odd shower but they are only lasting minutes. Went for a walk in our local park, lovely to get some fresh air for a change.
      Everyone sounds as though you’ve had a busy day so you’ve shamed me into thinking of getting some ironing done…only thinking about it mind.
      Enjoy the rest of your day folks x
      sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon, we had a bit of rain earlier but, once it stopped the sun was out and thought there's a wind blowing it has stayed dry, I worked on my veg bed for a short time, where taking Snoops advice(don't tell her, I might ever hear the end of it​​​​​​) I decided to dig the tree trunk out rather than sawing through it, digging is a lot easier than sowing, I have cleared enough space so that I can move it back, clearing the area I need, so I will wait till either my son or oldest grandson is down and get it moved, after that I cleared out some crocosmia which is taking over the garden again, along with some 5ft. tall asters, I have planted up some alstromeria in the area I have cleared, so quite happy with the work I got done today, now I am sitting watching the birds in at the feeders, there are a number of gold finches either feeding or waiting their turn to get into the feeder, lovely wee bird, just caught site of another wee finch not sure what it was, I will watch for it coming back, need to go now and prepare the tea, and please behave, stop this clearing out of cupboards etc. if OH catches you enthusiasm I could be in bother so I will wish you all a pleasant evening
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Heaving a sign of relief - Chester is home and sleeping thank goodness. He has a 5" scar on his back and is wearing a cone. He's also had some dental work done while he was under, so a full overhaul. Thanks for your crossed fingers
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
            Heaving a sign of relief - Chester is home and sleeping thank goodness. He has a 5" scar on his back and is wearing a cone. He's also had some dental work done while he was under, so a full overhaul. Thanks for your crossed fingers
            Hugs for Chester.🥰

Comment

• Flo, good news. So glad to hear Chester is back home. 🙏

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.
                Thick fog at the moment. An hour ago it was perfectly clear but as the day has got brighter, the fog has got thicker. No doubt the sun will clear it as the day warms up.

Glad to hear Chester made it through the op OK, Flo, and home again with sweet smelling breath too!

No plans today, though I may turn out another cupboard or two. It's beginning to get addictive!

Not had my morning cuppa yet, so I'm off to make it. Anyone care to join me?
                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning

The day started out like a misty autumn morning, suns burning that away now.

Gentle Hugs to Chester xx

Hair cut today for me no real plans after that.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Misty start here too!
                    We’ve invited some friends over for homemade pizza in a couple of hours so I best get a wriggle on! Looks like we’re in for a warm , sunny day.
                    Hibou brought me a mouse for breakfast….anyone care to join me? Hope it’s the mouse which has been eating my veggies!

Cant believe it’s almost weekend again!…
                    Enjoy your day peeps.
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning, damp start this morning. It’s to clear for a bit and then rain later. Off out for lunch with an old school friend so looking forward to that.
                      Glad to hear Chester is home Flo, our pets really are a huge part of our families aren’t they?
                      Have a great day and will catch up later x
                      sigpic

Comment

• Good morning.

It's 14°C and thick cloud here, but no rain forecast. I can practically feel Autumn trying to sneak in🍂🍁.

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Clear sky and sunny here. Thanks for your good wishes for Chester Have a good day

Comment

• Morning all.

Good news about Chester, Flo.

Very cloudy here. Forecast is for rain. 10 mm over the day and very welcome it will be. Better still if it was a bit more than that but whatever we get is good.

Yesterday proved to be not very productive. We ordered some stuff online from Lidl and they didn't give the transport company the complete address. So I spent most of the afternoon dealing with those bot chat things on WhatsApp, though I did actually get through to a human for two interchanges before the bot took back over, leaving me even more frustrated. Got a message today to say some of our order has been delivered this morning already. Fingers crossed I don't have to waste yet more time over the rest of it.

Right, better get on with the show. I wasted so much time over that that I'm behind again.

Have a great day, everyone.
                            Last edited by Snoop Puss; 15-09-2023, 08:49 AM.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                              Its lashing rain here and is due to last for the day.
                              We are going out for lunch with our friends and then on yo a show.
                              Enjoy the sunshine those who have it.

Jay, isn't it lovely to catch up with school friends.
                              Me and my two friends have known each other for 74 years.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I think my longest friendship is just over 30 years. We were known at work as Hinge and Bracket
                                Sun is shining brightly now so doing a bit of weeding.
                                Your hair looks nice Bren

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X