Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GF I did have a house as a kid but it wasn’t something I really played with, instead I moved my mice into it. That didn’t go down to well.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
      GF I did have a house as a kid but it wasn’t something I really played with, instead I moved my mice into it. That didn’t go down to well.
      Aaaarrrggghh! That will give me nightmares!

Comment

• Afternoon, quite a wild weekend for us as we were down in Ayrshire…the weather I mean. Home yesterday and last night it poured with rain and it was blowing a hoolie!! The garden is like a bog. It’s cheered up for now so got a washing in the line!
        Good to see you burnie, hope your recovery is going well.
        We are off to St Andrews for a few days with friends tomorrow, I’m hoping storm Agnes keeps away. Fingers crossed!
        Bren that furniture looks amazing, great talent you have.
        Anyhoo, enjoy the rest of your day folks. x
        sigpic

Comment

• Bramble - you must be telepathic!…. I’ve downloaded some miniature book covers!
          I had a dolls house as a 4 year old. My father got a second hand one and repainted and papered it and installed electricity. I loved it.
          My OH and I did something similar when our daughter was 4 …I really enjoyed doing that in the evenings when she’d gone to bed.
          It was very basic and if I recall correctly all plastic. The contents are in one of the boxes in the barn…I must go through them.
          She actually preferred Polly Pocket so we’ve a few of those somewhere. Yup…I’ve still got those hoarded
          I think I must be a frustrated architect or landscape architect - I’ve always loved planning the gardens and next years veggie rotations and designing the house renovations.

Have a great time in St Andrews Jay. last time I was there was in the early 80s when we went to a friends wedding in August. 32C in Cardiff where we lived so we didn’t really take many clothes. When we arrived there people were walking around wearing balaclavas. All the shops were close and I don’t think I’ve ever been so cold. Even the Halls of Residences where we were sleeping were freezing as they were technically closed for the summer. Fingers crossed you have good weather.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good evening, made a big, big mistake this morning, telling OH I was going to paint the ceiling, I had 7 long vertical blinds to take down before I got started one of them having more than 50 slats to remove, and 8 lights to tape over, and to crown it all the sun came out it turned out to be a nice day, and now that I am finished, I feel absolutely shattered and my shoulders feel as if they are on fire, I can lift and shift 3x2 concrete slabs without any bother, I can shovel a couple tonnes of soil with minimum of pain, but lifting a paint brush or roller above my head is excruciating, so no more painting for me ​​​​​​, well, untill the next time OH will be watching her soaps so I will go and watch a film, if I read a book I will fall asleep, watching a film I might fall asleep, have a pleasant evening, enjoy playing with your doll house, and if you make a good job of it I might let you decorate and furnish my house. Goodnight

​​​​​​
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Well done with that Rary - where do you get your energy from?
              Make sure you have a gentle day tomorrow x

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                Sat here drinking a brew…always the best one of the day eh?
                I was actually woken by a Tawny owl hooting it’s head off just outside our bedroom window.
                Hibou is now out gallivanting around in the dark .
                We’re off to a birthday bash bbq this lunchtime so I made a very sticky chocolate cake yesterday, so I need to decorate that this morning. Looks like we’re in for a dry day so that’s great for the event.

Yesterday’s blackberry pick was a bit disappointing - loads gad dried up in the heat from the other day, but I did manage over a pint of berries, which when cooked down with a bit of water gave enough juice to fill a large icecube tray. Very pleased with that….looks like there’s more to come too. Best cropping for years tbh. They are usually baby pea size and rock hard
                I was visited whilst picking by several butterflies. A Comma, a Tortoiseshell,and a couple of Fritillaries. Lovely.
                Enjoy your day peeps - I’ve not seen the smiles yet - clearly they’ve not smelled the chocolate cake yet!

Comment

• Morning all.

I think the smiles assume you're putting on a chocolate topping or something like that, Nicos, and are waiting for what they regard as the main action. Anyway, after much rustling in the bag, they set off a little while back without so much as a by your leave. I reckon they'll make a lengthy stop at your place before heading off.

Very cool start to the day. A low of 10 ºC in the corral last night, but maybe a long low as opposed to a brief dip, as everything feels very cold in the kitchen. Due to head back into the low 30s at the weekend.

Off out for a grory hop today after Mr Snoop has his x-rays. Will visit the nursery to see if there's anything worth buying for planting now for spring consumption. Cabbages and broccoli spring to mind. Anybody got any recommendations?

Have a great day, everyone.

​​​​​​​

Comment

• Morning

Its the first of my apple days today dehydrating, cooking/freezing its not a very good crop this year though one tree didn't produce anything.

Snoop I like kale, Cavolo nero rather than dwarf picking a leaf or 2 from each plant it last well into spring.

Enjoy your day
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Drizzly again here. Have a good day
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morni g all.
                        Wet and miserable but I am off to dance, so dont mind.
                        Have a good day.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning.

When I got up I noticed that my phone said expect rain at 9am. At 9.05am there was suddenly the loudest thunderclap and the heavens opened. It came out of nowhere. I half expected to see the horsemen of the apocalypse riding by. No more thunder and the rain is just normal now. I'm off to do a supermarket shop shortly, call to see my brother in law and pick up my Argos goodies.... Yes, something did sneak into the basket for me too.

Comment

• Nicos, "very sticky" chocolate cake sounds amazing. Have you a recipe?

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                              Nicos, "very sticky" chocolate cake sounds amazing. Have you a recipe?
                              Yep - I’ll post it when I get back.
                              Its not for the feint hearted - or weak hearted for that matter!
                              Very simple to make too which is always a bonus!
                              And it keeps ( given a chance ​​​​​​)
                              Last edited by Nicos; 26-09-2023, 09:37 AM.

Comment

• Good afternoon, heavy rain and cold today, just back in from doing a shopping fortunately when moving between car to shop and back the rain wasn't too heavy, but both diving to and from the shops there were some heavy downpours, don't know what I will do with myself today when the weather is like that, certainly won't be painting, I had another bad night last night, was up twice with pins and needles in the hands, and yes I know I should possibly call the doctors to see if I could get something done, but honestly I don't like bothering them, thy have enough pressure on them without me adding to it. Jay as you know I come from Ayrshire so I knew it would be the weather you were referring to, any other wild weekend would mean going for a Chinese carry out rather than a fish supper​​​​​​, might go and tidy up the greenhouse and the hut, then again I might not bother. Have a good day whatever you do
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X