• Show
Clear All

• Te he…I’m good at sneaking in Bren

Toasted fruit loaf ​​​​​​…oh dear…I absolutely love that. *drools

Fingers crossed with your MOT Bren.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All Heavy rain overnight and still pouring. Very windy too. I've never had haggis, will have a look. Have a good day
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by burnie View Post
        My daughter likes eating Haggis and like her Mum is notorious for not eating anything "dodgy", I am under threat of death or something worse if I tell her what Haggis is made of(funnily enough she is not buying my description of a three legged beastie with one leg shorter than the other two so they can run around on the mountain slopes without falling over)
        As to taste, well you know how they say everything unusual usually tastes like chicken?.......................................................well Haggis tastes nothing like chicken....................................
        So you have never taken her up the mountains to see where they bide, shame on you for that
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good morning, a bit blustery just now don't know what it was like overnight as when I go to sleep that's it I don't hear anything, well apart from a pound note hitting the floor​​​​​​, we were going to go out today but OH has decided against it, I think she is getting a bit nervous so not going to push going out, I hope you all have a good day and enjoy what you do
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• When I was awake at 6 am I eventually told myself that if I wasn't going back to sleep I would get up and do the ironing. ........ It was nearly 9 am when I opened my eyes again. The ironing is still giving me dirty looks.

Maybe all that sleep was a side effect of the covid booster??? I can't even say my arm is aching too much.

I'd never had haggis until about 15 years ago when my aunt, who's originally from Edinburgh, brought some back from Scotland and had a Burn's night party for about 15 of us. It was a very good party.🤪

I'm surprised that nobody has started a "Haggis farm" at the side of Loch Ness to lure in the more gullible tourists.

My next job is to make some strawberry jam buns for elevenses.

There has been no let up in the wind and rain yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post

So you have never taken her up the mountains to see where they bide, shame on you for that
              `They've been up more Munroes than me but not seen a blighter yet, I told them it's out of season the noo

Comment

• Still stormy hear, only damage just now is some bits broken off a rose bush and a lump of harling has fallen off the conservatory wall, maybe the insurance will pay for that.

Comment

• We got flooded today after Storm Babet and it's in the house too. It's not that bad, the water is only a couple of inches high and I have known known worse. 2007 was a bad year. But the amount of water outside does seem exceptional. I guess it's the successive days of heavy rain. Also, it doesn't help that I live next to a river! Anyway, the leeks I propagated for first time are currently sat under water. I expect they will be ruined now. Oh well, there is always next year!

Comment

• Sorry to read of your plight Sim and amazed at how positive you sound. Hope the waters subside soon

Comment

• Sim I do feel for you and your family those couple of inches must cause a lot of damage to your home.
                      Stay safe.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Oh dear Sim - so sorry to hear all that. I hope not too much damage has been done, but I imagine it will take a lot of clearing up.

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Really sorry to hear your news, Sim. Hope it all subsides and leaves little damage behind. I wouldn't fret about your leeks just yet. I have had the same thing happen more than once. It's amazing how well they cope. And even more amazing, how little dirt gets inside.

Comment

• Morning all.

Bright outside but relatively cool. Hope you're all doing OK after Storm Babet. I'd never come across the word harling before, burnie. Hope the damage isn't too great.

Busy morning as we've got a friend coming for lunch. We're up for char siu, which I've never made before and assumed was far more complicated than in fact it is. Only wish the side dishes were as simple!

I imagine the rest of the day will involve walking the dogs and a long nap. Not sure in which order, though.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning.

We have flooded and closed roads here the county council has issued only travel if essential, then just down the road from us houses have 10 inch of water inside it must be devastating to see your belongings floating. Its not helped by the amount of new builds we've had on land that was previously fields.

Stay safe.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Stopped raining here. Sad to see so many affected by water damage.
                                Have a good day

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X