This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n’alln’all
    We have cloud and drizzle this morning. But no wind .
    Very positive thoughts for Mrs Rary x
    We’re off for our flu injections soon. Thought we’d give it a few days between the Covid and Flu so our bodies can react more gently.

Anyone else finding the Vine very slow at times over the last few days?
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Dry and brighter today, did a bit of tidying in the garden after the storm, quite a few roses were beaten up, I hadn't pruned them as they were stil flowering so the flowers and foliage made them easy targets for the wind to snap them, looking better now.
      The vine has been slow for severl days for me, thought it was the weather.

Comment

• Good Morning All Very foggy here. Hope it does clear by 12 Bren, my washing is on! I haven't noticed anything Nicos. What lovely company Snoop. Best wishes to Mrs Rary. Have a good day All
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.

It's foggy here too and very damp. I remember as a child it always seemed to be foggy the day after bonfire night and I used to love the smell of bonfires and fireworks that seemed to hang around the next day.

I agree about the vine running slowly recently....long pauses.

Best wishes to Mrs Rary.

Comment

• Morning all.

Looks like it's going to be a bright day. Currently 10 ºC out there, so a big rise in temperature as well.

I've started the day with a raspberry and cranberry tea. I'll put some extras out and put the kettle back on the boil so it's hot for if anyone wants to join me. Really nice tea, it is. The smiles quite like the smell too, so they've gone off with a wift and a waft.

Plenty to keep me occupied indoors today, as per. So better get on with it.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning All Thanks for the tea Snoop Raining here. I'm going to make some wax melts today. Have a good day
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                I'm going to make some wax melts today.
                I had to look those up, Flo. Never heard of them before. Bet they make lovely gifts.

Comment

• Good morning.

It's very wet and murky here and appears to be set in for the day. I think I'll do grory hop this morning. I'll check if my brother-in-law wants to come too or if he wants anything getting. I've got Mr GF a podiatrist appointment (NHS) for this afternoon. I only rang up to book yesterday. That is amazing.

I tried the new mincemeat cake yesterday and it is at least as good as the first. The difference I think is the actual mincemeat. The extra week of maturing has done wonders for it. I could happily sit and eat it out of the jar.😋

Comment

• Morning, raining here as well Flo, like Snoop I've looked up wax melts there's some pretty moulds. Plus it doesn't look as messy as candle making.

Enjoy your day

GF I'm going to have to make one of those cakes it'll make a change from my usual carrots cakes.
                    Last edited by Bren In Pots; 24-10-2023, 08:42 AM. Reason: read GF's post.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all;D
                      Sunny here too.
                      Just had a big bowl of porridge to set me up for a day of mushrooming, then realised it’s a designated hunting day so we’re not allowed to go mushrooming at the same time for obvious reasons!

I’m feeling absolutely fine again following on from the flu jab yesterday
                      It sort of feels like it’s a regular part of the winter preparations …wood - yep, fuel - yep, chimney swept- yep, garden veggies preserved- yep, both cars serviced - yep, boiler service ( tomorrow)-yep, flu and Covid vaccines- yep, medical check ups ( next week)-yep
                      Tis a pity we can’t seem to include ‘last grass cut of the year’ anymore in that! Gardening wise we still need to tuck up some of the beds which we won’t be using.

Yesterday OH went and collected chestnuts from the young chestnut woods next to us. It was only planted about 12 years ago but it’s already producing some decent sized nuts.

Enjoy your day peeps …sending positive thoughts to Rary and his Mrs x

Comment

• **** Just a heads up to let you know that we’ve made Admin aware of the delays we are experiencing posting on here, hopefully this new team will get things sorted for us quickly! ****

Comment

• The weather has been atrocious here all day. The rain is only just starting to slow down. There is lots of standing water everywhere. Of course some of the lunatic speed bumps that the council has installed also add to the problem by forming new mini lakes.

Mr GF has moaned every time he has had to go out in the rain, but at least the podiatrist has removed his corns.

Comment

• Afternoon

Rain here for the day also GF I just need to nip into the garden for this evening’s salad, I’m hoping for a break in the weather

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Left Cheltenham around 12.30 today and it was actually sunny and warm! We were babysitting over the weekend, glad to say all went well and we had a lovely time.
                              Off to catch up so see you all later. Enjoy the rest of your evening x
                              sigpic

Comment

• Good evening just on for a, quick update, OH had full hip replacement yesterday was hoping she would get home today, but unfortunately didn't happen she is at the jubilee hospital and the care is second to none, all individual rooms with toilet and shower, surgeon been in twice to see her, (when I got my legs done I saw the surgeon on the last day of my stay on both occasions) she donated the bones to the blood transfusion people, I thought she would give it to the dogs​​​​​​, when I went in yesterday she wide awake and had eaten her lunch, 4hrs after her op. she said one course was soup which was very nice, I didn't want to ask what they used for the stock😏 I have been visiting her for most of the day and decided to head home about five, big mistake the traffic was horrendous and most of the holdups were caused by driving by the line of traffic to then edging in, evedently they must think they are more important than anybody else, where did we go wrong with the manners.
                                This morning as I was expecting her to get home I even made the bed, now I will have to do it again tomorrow I will probably finish up with a repetitive strain injury, now going to do my tea dishes just in case I forget to do them in the morning, which has been known enjoy your evening and thank you for the good wishes
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X