Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for popping in, rary and letting us know how it all went. Big hug to you and Mrs Rary and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Comment

• Glad to hear your OH has had her op and is doing well rary! The Jubilee is an excellent hospital. My hubby was in for a couple of weeks last year. As you say care is second to none. He had to spend another 9 weeks in the RAH afterwards which was horrendous compared to the Jubilee.
      Sending your OH my best wishes for a speedy recovery! x
      sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Bright and blue without even a hint of cloud this morning. The weather forecast says it should be cloudy and quite windy. But the air is still. Chilly, mind. That bit they did get right.

Mr Snoop has just gone out with the dogs. A lovely morning for a walk. But I've plenty to get through today, so am stopping in.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

Thanks for they update Rary it sounds your OH opp went well and will soon be back home.

It was misty here earlier but soon cleared.

Enjoy your day
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Plenty of sploshy stuff this morning, but it’s getting lighter and due to stop soon…apparently!
            Hoping to head out mushrooming later on.
            We have the heating engineer here at the moment servicing the boiler - let’s hope that doesn’t cost too much.

rary…I had to chuckle - love your humour re the soup.
            I’d never have thought about the bone being ‘recycled’ . I suppose it’s because it’s got marrow in it?
            Hope yr Mrs had a comfortable night and gets home very soon x

Enjoy your day peeps I’m guessing those smiles I saw earlier are heading directly to Rary?
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny start Glad to hear all went well rary. Have a good day
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
                Bright and sunny with a temp of 22 degs.
                Rary, delighted your wifes operation was a success.
                She will recover far quicker when she gets home.
                Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.

It's a bit chilly, but no wind and no sun. Waiting in for the nurse to give my mum her vit B booster. Glad your OH's op went well, Rary. Give her all our good wishes. Hope she's soon home again and has a speedy recovery.

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

• Raining again here, though at present the rivers are down, 9 degrees so not cold. My wife has had both hips replaced, amazing how quickly the body mends itself after such major work, her surgeon said she had basically had a car crash injury, but in an operating theatre, sort of brought it home!

Comment

• Good morning.

A grey and dismal morning again, but at least it's not actually raining. I hope it improves as I've got towels in the washer.

One of my stepdaughters sent me an email with a link to a YouTube video of some old footage of some old friends of her dad. I am feeling quite pleased with myself as I've managed to link my phone to the TV show it on the big TV for him. I'm sure most young people can do this without thinking but it still amazes me when I do it.

I thought I had been blacklisted by all the local religious door knockers long ago, but apparently not. One group came around early this morning and woke up Mr GF........Aaaarrrggghhh!

Rary, I'm happy to hear Mrs Rary is recovering well. I'm sure that you'll be the perfect "nurse" when she gets home.

I wouldn't trust myself to pick mushrooms. I don't know which ones are poisonous. I do know my grandma used to though. A lost skill, she never passed her knowledge on.

Comment

• A mild afternoon here so I've been out and about, wondered why the GH auto-vent was fully open checked GH temp it was 34.c in there

Comment

• Evening, just heard my granddaughter who I was looking after this weekend may have chicken pox…you couldn’t make it up. I’ve never had it so fingers crossed I don’t get it! Parents aren’t sure and doctor isn’t either! So it’s a waiting game.
                          Other than that it’s been a beautiful sunny day here. Not cold either. Light was on at 5pm tonight…clocks go back this weekend so dark nights cometh
                          sigpic

Comment

• Evening, I’ll also cross my fingers for you Jay. I’m like you I’ve never had chicken pox either, as a kid everyone else in the family did except me. I didn’t catch it from our own kids or grandkids.
                            I wonder if some people are immune?

Comment

• Evening n’alln’all

We had a great afternoon scrambling through the ancient woodland.
                              We found thousands of mushrooms and toadstools but not the one we were looking for so we left everything undisturbed. I’ve never seen so many different varieties at the same time! Absolutely stunning. Even the scent of mushrooms filled the air. And the sun shone on us through the trees. So magical.

Needless to say we ended up eating shop bought mushrooms in our risotto this evening.

We’re waiting for delivery of our shingles vaccine. I’ve had it twice and chickenpox either twice or three times. Hope you are ok Jay, and your granddaughter recovers quickly.
                              I remember as a kid being sent around to play with children with chickenpox. When I finally caught it we were on holiday for two weeks in a caravan during a heatwave. I got through bottles of calamine lotion and was a particularly pale pink little person for the whole holiday, probably because I was so hot my parents kept having to reapply it. Mom said you couldn’t fit a fingers width between the spots. You don’t know what you’ve missed Bren

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Jay, the slightest sign of feeling unwell, hie thee to a doctor. And indeed, dark nights cometh.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X