Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woo hoo!…homemade marmalade on warm crispy French bread….with raw creamy artisan butter.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.

It's raining here, but the sun is shining at the same time. The forecast is for rain more or less all day.

While I was washing up I've just noticed that my much neglected Christmas cactus, on the kitchen windowsill, is coming into bud.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20231106_095248.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	376.5 KB
ID:	2571077

Comment

• Good morni g all.
        its dry and sunny here.

Snoop, what everyone else said, it's good to know the sun is shining somewhere, we know it will be our turn at some point.

Well, I may have mentioned one of my friends has been diagnosed with alzheimer's, she wants to go to town today to buy some clothes and Christmas gifts , so myself and my other friend are taking her out for the dsy.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Enjoy your shopping trip bramble - bet you have a bit of a girlie giggle…and why not?
          Remember cream cakes and a hot drink need to be included in that at some point

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

My impression, rary, is that you're the one who encourages your wife to spend money on taking you out for lunch and on buying you seeds.
            Taking me out is different from going shopping, at the least it's doing something that I like as well as letting her do something all women seem to enjoy,,,,,,,, spending money
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening, just the back of five o'clock and it's dark, it has been dull all day and started raining about two o'clock, still not been out to the garden but that can wait, had the nurse in earlier and OH has had the dressings removed and the wound is looking good nice and clean and as good a stitching as I could have done myself just waiting on our daughter to come in and give OH her jag, this is to avoid blood clots and will continue for another three weeks. No off to make the tea have a pleasant evening
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                Nice calm and sunny start to the day
                Looks like I can get on with more gardening!

Yesterday I stewed down about half a wheelbarrow’s worth of windfall apples, so I need to bag those up and get them in the freezer first.

Other than that, the day is my own….well that’s the theory

Enjoy your day peeps

Comment

• Morning all.

I've had those jabs on two occasions, rary. They made me feel very odd. I was glad when they stopped and I was back to myself again. Best wishes to your wife.

Guess what? It is bright, as forecast, but there is an almighty frost too. Proper spangly. The smiles went for a good look to enjoy all the glistening fairy light effects before setting off. Drizzle forecast for later on, apparently. Hard to believe at the moment.

The new old car is in residence. Mr Snoop is very pleased. So that's good news. Must get the change in ownership sorted today, along with all my usual stuff to get through.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Ooo..a real frost Snoop!…I like to see a real frost, especially with the sun twinkling on it

Comment

• Morning

Rary it sounds like you OH is recovering well xx

Snoop we've had 2 real frosts this season they're so pretty and sparkly.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                        Bright and very breezy here.
                        The laundry is out with a good chance of drying.
                        Off out to my line dancing this morning that should keep me warm.

Nicos, you must have plenty of freezer space to freeze that amount of apples.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning nice clear skies and though cold no frost,was up to put the boys out to school then did a quick shopping, needed to get that done as our road will be shut for the next fortnight as they are relaying the road, shut from 08.30 till 17.00hrs. was thinking I might get out to the garden today as OH now has her dressings off, which means of course she can now have a shower🤔 I think the garden can wait, she might need some assistance enjoy your day hopefully I will enjoy mine

Comment

• Good morning.

I put hot water bottles in bed last night, for the first time this Winter to Mr GF's surprise and delight. It wasn't actually that cold really.

I've made strawberry jam buns this morning which we are just having for elevenses. I'm also writing a shopping list for the grory hop. I've already rung my brother in law for his list and told him I'll try and book him in at the surgery for his ears syringing. I'll go in person as that usually gets the best results and it's only down the road. (Is it a bad sign when all the receptionists know your name?)

So far this morning we've had alternating glorious sunshine and heavy rain, at one point both together.

Comment

• Bramble - we have 3 very large chest freezers…and they are near enough jam packed now with fruit, veg ,meat/fish and homemade meals.Always filled to bursting at this time of year!
                              The meat and fish we tend to buy when on offer to stock up. We’re pretty rural and have been snowed in a few times . We have a back up generator incase the electricity goes down for longer than about 8 hrs.
                              I don’t like using petrol ( pollution) to go a long way to buy one thing so I like a decent stock in or I feel uneasy
                              Probably over the top, but it’s nice to have the choice, and I love munching my way through our homegrown fruit and veg.We have loads of land so grow more than we can keep up with!
                              They are my little corner shop I suppose

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny at the moment, but a bit mixed and very cold. Just had a bacon sandwich - we were late up today, I was reading until half two, I had really annoying neck ache and couldn't find my hot water bottle. Better catch up with myself now. Have a good day
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X